Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Maybe.

There are different interpretations of Mourinho's claim that last season was a building process too.

But if Ancelotti had not won the CL, in what was effectively the last minute of normal time, Perez might well have been saying to Abramovich, you can have the geezer back at the Bridge.

smile.png

Its quite simple, Mourinho was trying to cover his arse in the knowledge that he probably failed the owners aspirations and the payback of his 10m euro per annum contract.

Regards to the other point yes, he quite possibly have been sacked but of course Real Madrid is very much a one off in what it expects from its managers. Facts are though, he did win and they deserved to win having 63% possession and twice as many goal attempts. he used brilliant tactic, wore them down and then brought on Isco and Marcelo for the killer blow and ultimately ran away with it

Sergio Ramos, their center back, scored more goals in his last six games the Athletico did in theirs!biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Fair points carmine.

Major difference of opinion between you and me, which we can articulate til the cows come home to suit our opinion is, I like Mourinho, you don't.

Not a problem. thumbsup.gif

But I don't want Ancelotti or Jesus H Christ replacing Mourinho until the fat lady sings.

smile.png

Fair points carmine.

Major difference of opinion between you and me, which we can articulate til the cows come home to suit our opinion is, I like Mourinho, you don't.

Not a problem. thumbsup.gif

But I don't want Ancelotti or Jesus H Christ replacing Mourinho until the fat lady sings.

smile.png

Its a simple one really. Mourinho has to produce next season or he'll be fired. League title or the champions league. He has Diego Costa on his way and almost certainly more incomings. Should be interesting.

Pep Guardiola's going to be under scrutiny too. Has he been found out?

Yep. Next season very interesting. Problem now is EPL and CL competition are fierce and it's only going to get fiercer.

So owners who put the clause in the contract about trophies are working with an old job description.

Same for all the boys at the top. Guardiola, Ancelotti, Pellegrini, Blanc, Simeone and the new boy at Barca. Rodgers will be given a bit of slack I would have thought. Van Gaal, Christ knows what his contract says.

Plus there's the perennial 'does your face fit?'

I have views about Guardiola-Bayern but I'm just a Chelsea fan.

BM management not happy it appears: only thing Guardiola can do now is fight with the rest of them.

My guess is he will want to stick it right up Ancelotti's proverbial.

Personally, I would be quite happy if he did.

Same with Simeone.

Total destruction of RM next time.

Gladiator stuff.

thumbsup.gif

Lukaku is obviously not the main man in Mourinho's view, otherwise he'd have kept him.

smile.png

agreed but then again if you had kept him and played him you might have won the league rather than be let down by the strike force Mourinho chose. Its the alternative view....Demba Ba or Lukaku?

Yep. Nothing like an alternative view is there?

Chelsea with Ancelotti's mother-in-law instead of Mourinho would have won the EPL by a mile.

Very good with silverware apparently. smile.png

Don't tell Pellegrini though.

thumbsup.gif

I think you would have won the league with Ancelotti, playing better football and with a manger who knows how to behave as an ambassador of his club and i very much doubt he would have begun the season with that striker line up.

Apologies if my opinion differs to yours but thats what i think. Ancelotti's haul of silverware also suggests i might be right.

You obviously didn't watch Chelsea in Carlo's second season......utter dross. No plan B, just stick to plan A even though it doesn't work.

I don't believe Jose will get the sack if he doesn't win the pl or cl either. The pl is different than in Jose's first tenure when Roman spent a ridiculous amount of cash. Now we have more teams spending more money.

• Like 1

Plus, Ancelotti is a boring old fart. smile.png

Perez will cut his neck off if he doesn't deliver silverware. w00t.gif

And you can bet your bottom dollar that Guardiola, Simeone, Pellegrini and Mourinho will be ready to supply the blade.

Cos they have history.

Bung in Arsenal, Liverpool, PSG, and Barca, and Ancelotti's mother-in-law will be wetting her knickers in the Madrid bull ring.

Perez will only see money.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

I don't share the view that Mourinho will be sacked if he doesn't win something next year.

I reckon its all about the style of football and if he entertains his master with quality and excitement perhaps losing out by a point or two he will be safe.

Its all about improvement....not stability....there you go P45.

I don't share the view that Mourinho will be sacked if he doesn't win something next year.

I reckon its all about the style of football and if he entertains his master with quality and excitement perhaps losing out by a point or two he will be safe.

Quality and excitement will be provided I am sure. But it won't be at the expense of loss.

If we let more goals in next season I will be surprised. Will we score more? smile.png

And what are Willian, Hazard, and Oscar going to be doing fiddling about in midfield?

Looks like a total disaster to me. biggrin.png

Are you happy Mr Abramovich?

And Abramovich is having secret talks with Mourinho about the future. smile.png

How's this Costa thing going, what are you going to do with Fernando, and what about all those new young players we bought when you were fiddling about winning the Champions League with Inter and La Liga with Real?

And what about our GK situation?

facepalm.gif

Oh yeah.

thumbsup.gif

No point going to Fulham or QPR. JT, Ashley and people on the King's Road would laugh.

Let's hope he doesn't do a Drogba or an Anelka, and end up in China. thumbsup.gif

Ashley off to Monaco if he's got any sense. Or maybe Liverpool for a final one before closing time.

smile.png

Maybe.

There are different interpretations of Mourinho's claim that last season was a building process too.

But if Ancelotti had not won the CL, in what was effectively the last minute of normal time, Perez might well have been saying to Abramovich, you can have the geezer back at the Bridge.

smile.png

Its quite simple, Mourinho was trying to cover his arse in the knowledge that he probably failed the owners aspirations and the payback of his 10m euro per annum contract.

Regards to the other point yes, he quite possibly have been sacked but of course Real Madrid is very much a one off in what it expects from its managers. Facts are though, he did win and they deserved to win having 63% possession and twice as many goal attempts. he used brilliant tactic, wore them down and then brought on Isco and Marcelo for the killer blow and ultimately ran away with it

Sergio Ramos, their center back, scored more goals in his last six games the Athletico did in theirs!biggrin.png

Looks like we've got some control freaks on this TV forum.

I wonder how carmine and redrus get on with the Thais?

Yes boss. smile.png

Deputy boss smokie....

oy vey with a scottish accent.

smile.png

You'd still like him sacked though wouldn't ya.

Money? or Principles? Might get interesting this one!whistling.gif

The Clasico hostilities were legion, and the hostilities didn’t abate when Mourinho headed back to London last year.

Mourinho made some underhanded comments about Barcelona ahead of their Champions League round of 16 clash with Man City, after which, Fabregas pointedly said it was time for a few people to ‘shut up talking’.

For all this, Ian Herbert in the Independent claims Mourinho is cool about Fabregas, that it’s a board move, and that the manager himself would much rather Juventus’ Paul Pogba or Atletico Madrid’s Koke.

Equally, how would Cesc himself feel about playing under a manager with whom his playing philosophy clashes so dramatically?

FWIW, would rather have Pogba myself as well.

The Clasico hostilities were legion, and the hostilities didn’t abate when Mourinho headed back to London last year.

Mourinho made some underhanded comments about Barcelona ahead of their Champions League round of 16 clash with Man City, after which, Fabregas pointedly said it was time for a few people to ‘shut up talking’.

For all this, Ian Herbert in the Independent claims Mourinho is cool about Fabregas, that it’s a board move, and that the manager himself would much rather Juventus’ Paul Pogba or Atletico Madrid’s Koke.

Equally, how would Cesc himself feel about playing under a manager with whom his playing philosophy clashes so dramatically?

We wouldn't want another Shevchenko type scenario, would we. whistling.gif

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cesc-fabregas-transfer-latest-chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-chasing-koke-and-paul-pogba-ahead-of-barcelona-midfielder-9480992.html

We wouldn't want another Shevchenko type scenario, would we. whistling.gif

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cesc-fabregas-transfer-latest-chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-chasing-koke-and-paul-pogba-ahead-of-barcelona-midfielder-9480992.html

Why don't Chelsea just buy everyone!!facepalm.gif

Chelsea starlet Kurt Zouma claims the chance to work with Jose Mourinho made him reject a move to Manchester United.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/381966/REVEALED-The-reason-why-Kurt-Zouma-rejected-Man-Utd-to-join-Chelsea

"Hello Kurt, Jose Mooreenho here. Moyesees left united and they got an old dutch guy there."

Nope...I want to see him rebuild the Chelsea squad and show us he can sort a team that attacks and has a style that doesn't involve snatching a goal in the last few minutes.

Let's have some beautiful football for a change....but can he deliver it?

With the resources available he surely can....if that is his thinking of the game.

• Like 2

Nope...I want to see him rebuild the Chelsea squad and show us he can sort a team that attacks and has a style that doesn't involve snatching a goal in the last few minutes.

Let's have some beautiful football for a change....but can he deliver it?

With the resources available he surely can....if that is his thinking of the game.

I'm hope that is the case too Smokie. With the extra attacking element of Costa and hopefully more goals, some of the pressure will be relieved off our defense. At the start of last year we played more free flowing football, but due to our lack of bite we were dropping points if the opponents scored. I think it was in December that Jose altered to a more cautious approach because of this.

I'm hoping that next year we will be playing with more freedom and less reliant on clean sheets for points.

• Like 1

We beat Arsenal 6 nil in style.

Our record against the Top 4 was exceptional.

We failed frequently against lower table sides.

I am completely confident that smokies request will be answered and that mjj will also not be disappointed.

Our transfer window looks very promising in this respect.

thumbsup.gif