Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Nothing much to say about last night,s performance...........no great gulf in class between the 2 sides was visible, so full credit to Shrewsbury for that.. Ake looked ok,but both full backs Christensen and Luis barely crossed the half way line, and Zouma who i think has a great future ahead of him, only won one header of note all night Salah and Schurrle seemed to adopt a shoot on sight mentality which was wayward to say the least. Full credit to old man Drogba though for playing 2 games in 48 hours and hanging in there to the end...........although it was Shrewsbury.

Christiansen is more a centre half and is said to have awesome potential, he is the reason Tomas Kalas had to go out on load as his his father was making noise about the kid leaving Chelsea if he was not promoted from the B team to first team this season. He could nt go out on loan due to UEFA rules on home grown players - don´t quote me on it but it is something like a player has to be with a club and play 3 years of football in that country before a certain age like 20 or something like that.

On the positive note, future looking good for the back line, Christiansen, Zouma, Ake, and Kalas. If you´re good enough you´re old enough!

That's true, Delboy. I remember Jimmy Greaves and Ray Wilkins forcing their way into the first team, when they were in their teens. They were different class. On the flip side, i'm pleasantly surprised to see Drogba showing his old determination again.

• Like 1

Ray Wilkins, may have been in a different class I agree, a class which was taught to pass the ball sideways. Lol.

He came from a class where and when it was cool to call a guy "butch". You dont play for the top sides like MIlan or Your country about a hundred times (or not far short) if you cant play the game.

Roumers in Catalan press MD Sport and Mundo deportivo is that Pique, nicknamed Piquenbauer in Spain due to his style of play is coming to the bridge in January.

Personally I´d prefer Mats Hummels in the summer!

Something I like to do prior to matches..name the starting 11..well my starting 11 or whoI think should start.

1 courtois

2, F.Luis

3. Azpilicueta

4, JT

5) Zouma

6) fabregast

7) Matic

8) oscar

9) salah

10) Shurlle

11) Drogba

If Aziplicueta is still suspended

1 courtois

3 Centre half Zouma, Terry Cahil

defensive midfielder sweeping infromt of back 3 .. Obe wan kinobi! (Mikel!)

Fabregast OScar Matic in the middle

more fire power up front Hazard, Schurle wide men and Drogba upfront

Only QPR. Here is hoping United beat city and we win our match...yay! 9 clear of city prior to the trip to annfield next week!

Ray Wilkins, may have been in a different class I agree, a class which was taught to pass the ball sideways. Lol.

He came from a class where and when it was cool to call a guy "butch". You dont play for the top sides like MIlan or Your country about a hundred times (or not far short) if you cant play the game.

Roumers in Catalan press MD Sport and Mundo deportivo is that Pique, nicknamed Piquenbauer in Spain due to his style of play is coming to the bridge in January.

Something I like to do prior to matches..name the starting 11..well my starting 11 or whoI think should start.

1 courtois

2, F.Luis

3. Azpilicueta

4, JT

5) Zouma

6) fabregast

7) Matic

8) oscar

9) salah

10) Shurlle

11) Drogba

1 courtois

Only QPR. Here is hoping United beat city and we win our match...yay! 9 clear of city prior to the trip to annfield next week!

Hard for me to believe Pique would be coming to Chelsea. He doesn't strike me as a Mourinho type player. Pepe the Goon maybe...but not Pique.

• Like 1

1 courtois

2, F.Luis

3. Azpilicueta

4, JT

5) Zouma

6) fabregast

7) Matic

8) oscar

9) salah

10) Shurlle

11) Drogba

1 courtois

Go on then, I'll have a go. Coutois,Terry, Cahill, Luis and Zouma. Matic and Fabregas. Hazard.Oscar and Willian. Costa .

• Like 1

1 courtois

2, F.Luis

3. Azpilicueta

4, JT

5) Zouma

6) fabregast

7) Matic

8) oscar

9) salah

10) Shurlle

11) Drogba

1 courtois

Go on then, I'll have a go. Coutois,Terry, Cahill, Luis and Zouma. Matic and Fabregas. Hazard.Oscar and Willian. Costa .

Good line up!.Another 3 points I hope and either 3 points for United or a draw and we are sailing!

Workman-like performance, .... but just like the Palace game the scoreline flattered Qpr. Hopefully a gimme game in Mid-week then......the scousersthumbsup.gif

Perhaps so but but we are missing something, that killer touch to kill teams off! we might one day pay for that! SO far so go 8 out 10 8 wins 10 matches. or 12 out of 15 all competitions.

Well We done our bit, Come on United a draw or a win and we are truly sailing! Even a draw between the two and us to draw next week puts us 5 clear minimum no matter what happens next week (even defeat) and it´s as you were after the last international break going into next one! ..well as you were with 4 league matches more played!

Did nt catch the match guys how did the big fellow Costa play?

Workman-like performance, .... but just like the Palace game the scoreline flattered Qpr. Hopefully a gimme game in Mid-week then......the scousersthumbsup.gif

Perhaps so but but we are missing something, that killer touch to kill teams off! we might one day pay for that! SO far so go 8 out 10 8 wins 10 matches. or 12 out of 15 all competitions.

Well We done our bit, Come on United a draw or a win and we are truly sailing! Even a draw between the two and us to draw next week puts us 5 clear minimum no matter what happens next week (even defeat) and it´s as you were after the last international break going into next one! ..well as you were with 4 league matches more played!

Costa worked hard but looked rusty after his lay off. When Richard Dunne can match him in a race for the ball, you know Costa needed the outing. We should have eat these for breakfast but made it unnecessarily hard for ourselves, by pissing around too much with passes going astray. November, the bok month is upon us, so we need to be careful it doesn't start to unravel.

One of your poorest attempts at humour,JD. A bit like the Marx Brothers who were dull. Why would someone want to take notes from a dumb (sorry,vocally challenged) person?

Can't argue your point oldgit. I had a hankering to post S. Dali and Harpo together and TVisa was the victim.wai2.gif

Though I found the Marx Brothers pretty entertaining...at times.

Salvador Dali in a Marx Brothers film? What one was that? The Three Stooges were slightly better but, for great humour, I'll have Max Miller over the pair of them.

I'm sure that photo was staged and not from a movie oldgit. I got that from a website with tons of interesting old photos. They had one the other day of Dali walking his pet anteater in Paris.

Yeah, I'm a Stooges fan as well. I've seen some Stooges episodes in Argentina I never saw in the states because they were considered politically incorrect.

I never saw Max Miller. Was he as good as Drogba ?biggrin.png

Useless in front of goal, but put him on a stage and he's different class.

Costa worked hard but looked rusty after his lay off. When Richard Dunne can match him in a race for the ball, you know Costa needed the outing. We should have eat these for breakfast but made it unnecessarily hard for ourselves, by pissing around too much with passes going astray. November, the bok month is upon us, so we need to be careful it doesn't start to unravel.

A win next week (or Vs WBA on 20 something of this month) regardless of todays results will see us top of the league at the end of the month and (depending on goal difference) after the match with Spurs on Dec 1st. Yep you are right this is when titles are won and lost November/December to Feburary..Last season TBH City were nothing until their victory Vs Munich early December then they started to roast sides! Liverpool had a worse points per game average than United until their 11 match winning run (actually started in Feburary)..Still keep up the points average and we will break our own record of 95points but not quite our own goal scoring record of 103!

A win next week (or Vs WBA on 20 something of this month) regardless of todays results will see us top of the league at the end of the month and (depending on goal difference) after the match with Spurs on Dec 1st. Yep you are right this is when titles are won and lost November/December to Feburary..Last season TBH City were nothing until their victory Vs Munich early December then they started to roast sides! Liverpool had a worse points per game average than United until their 11 match winning run (actually started in Feburary)..Still keep up the points average and we will break our own record of 95points but not quite our own goal scoring record of 103!

Chelsea will cruise to the title Derek. Relax!!!

^ I have now! You feel lucky punk?biggrin.png

Actually, your side looks pretty good mate...I am in transition, a bit like Brendan and the boysfacepalm.gif

Costa rumoured to be out tho'thumbsup.gif

Hahaha biggrin.png

Costa out?? That sounds a bit Pishy to me

Transition?? you are 80 points ahead of me and top of the H2H table, flying along. It is a constant need to keep rotating though, I charged up the ladder from way back last season and did a Liverpool with a few rounds to go. Top of my mates league at the moment, it's the only one I need to win...it's full of proper Salford

Thinking of sacking Di Maria this week, he's done <deleted> all since I signed him and more tough games ahead of United. I've given him enough time, but it's one of them, 4 rounds of nowt then he is due to score. Aaah dilemmas smile.png

• Like 1

Chelsea will cruise to the title Derek. Relax!!!

I am cillaxed mate,One eye on the prize another on the biggest of them all, the cup with the big ears! Nice if we can do what Liverpool done last night and rest key players - lets face it looks like we will be the sole representative of the PL in the CL! Just a case to wait and see if any of the other lot make to the EL (channel 5 Thursday night as they say!) pretty cool to cruise it pull on the reservists and squad players VS United prior to CL semi final for example...

Tonights line up..my team and logic, reasoning behind it.

Cech (keep him match sharp)

Luis,

Aziplicueta (rest Ivanovic,Aziplicueta rested enough with his red card and did not feature for Spain last international break)

Terry (no need to rest fortnight rest coming up with the international break)

Zouma (rest Cahil, bring the youngster in experience playing away in Europe, not so much trouble with this lot!)

Ramierez (not played for a while, nice run out get back in to the grove)

Fabregast (well rested, no need for more, only played/started 30 matches last season for Far$a)

my No 10 Schurlle (rest leg of Oscar who has done brilliant so far but almost had no rest since the WC!)

Left wing Salah (keep him sharp, his pacey player, rest Hazard who hardly rested this season)

Right wing Willian

up front Costa for an hour/until cruising then Dorgba or Solanka!

decent side strong enough to win this match and win tonight and draw next match we will go in a group winners! or if Schalke fail to beat Sporting tonight and we win tonight!

• Like 1

What a pile <deleted> that 45 minutes was.......just glad im not in Los and stayed up to watch that utter crap....certainly wouldn,t be sticking around for the second half. Be very surprised if Schurrle comes out for second half.in fact i,d be very surprised if he is still a Chelsea player when the January window opens.

What a pile <deleted> that 45 minutes was.......just glad im not in Los and stayed up to watch that utter crap....certainly wouldn,t be sticking around for the second half. Be very surprised if Schurrle comes out for second half.in fact i,d be very surprised if he is still a Chelsea player when the January window opens.

Wobble, Wobble, Keith, 3 games on the bounce or 4 out of last 5 with the United match the exception where we have nt played all that great. Autumn blues I hope not! &lt;deleted&gt; Sporting went and beat Schalke to boot! would have be a cruise last 2 matches. Still no change two draws and we win the group. Actually we can afford a defeat and still top the group. Draw with schalke lose to Lisbon should still top the group! Still I reckon finishing 2nd is not bad thing as we can take out a heavy weight early on in the KO stages! - sometimes it´s good to be a wolf in sheeps cloting.

Yeah, Schurrle can be irritatingly bad sometimes but he can also be very good. I didn't see the game here but, according to newspaper reports, there was a big improvement in the second half. Now Hazard has missed his first penalty, he should reconsider his one dimensional 'rolling 'em in' style and mix it up a bit. Overall, there's no doubt that our performances have waned in the last four games. Liverpool are struggling but this latest performance will give them hope for a result. We need to get back to our ruthless best. Mourinho hasn't helped matters by his general attitude and demeanour of late.

• Like 1

Yeah, Schurrle can be irritatingly bad sometimes but he can also be very good. I didn't see the game here but, according to newspaper reports, there was a big improvement in the second half. Now Hazard has missed his first penalty, he should reconsider his one dimensional 'rolling 'em in' style and mix it up a bit. Overall, there's no doubt that our performances have waned in the last four games. Liverpool are struggling but this latest performance will give them hope for a result. We need to get back to our ruthless best. Mourinho hasn't helped matters by his general attitude and demeanour of late.

Mourinho (the Balotelli of football managers) yeah he has to shoulder some of blame for whats been happening lately,and his team selections and substitutions have been questionable. Don,t know why he started Ivanovich last night (who was crap by the way). I think he should have started Dave at RB and rested Terry not Cahill, yelow card Ramires should have started along with Salah....but that is history now. I think his untouchable 9 has now risen to 10 with Drogba guaranteeing himself at least a spot on the bench every week. We had better play to the full 90 minutes on Saturday ........or else.

• Like 1

Mourinho..Balotelli of managers..sorry Balotelli has zero Charisma, zero talent and zero titles (except when he was am inter sub!). Criticism of JM is a bit harsh

he does do what it says on the tin..put trophies on the table., Only be a top level pro manager since 2002-2003 season 2 CL 1 UEFA countless national leagues

and cups to boot..as he said in Spain.."The only one, not the special one" only one to win leagues in ENgland, Portugal, Italy and Spain!

Mourinho..Balotelli of managers..sorry Balotelli has zero Charisma, zero talent and zero titles (except when he was am inter sub!). Criticism of JM is a bit harsh

he does do what it says on the tin..put trophies on the table., Only be a top level pro manager since 2002-2003 season 2 CL 1 UEFA countless national leagues

and cups to boot..as he said in Spain.."The only one, not the special one" only one to win leagues in ENgland, Portugal, Italy and Spain!

And still a turdcutter after all these years.biggrin.png

• Like 1

And still a turdcutter after all these years.biggrin.png

Since the arrival of LVG i think most people including the tabloid hacks have become bored with Mourinho affected persona. In LVG they see a guy that is what he is; totally unpredictable and slightly mad!! Jose's just an odious little cretin seeking attention.

Back to what goes on the pitch, its a bit daunting that Chelsea seem to have gone into a slump yet still can't be beaten! My bet is they'll win the league by twelve points or about.