Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Apparently RFU chief Ian Ritchie has Twickenham will not be an option so i would presume you will be following us into Wembley.

Now some local MP is worried about the "overuse" of Wembley! 

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Now some local MP is worried about the "overuse" of Wembley! 

Strange carms that Spurs still haven't taken up the option for next season,  read some conspiracy theory the other day that the reason why might me that we are seeing how much can be finished by next season and perhaps play in the new stadium 3/4 finished.

Half finished would give you 30,000 capacity - not a lot less than what it is now. Capacity would increase in increments as work is done between games. Liverpool built their extra main stand seating without affecting capacity. They just had to play 3 away games on the trot at the start of this season. The conspiracy theory you talk of may be a negotiating ploy to get a reduced price for playing at Wembley. 

Edited by champers

Can't disagree with either the above 2 posts...it was a struggle in that 2nd half,but we rode out the storm and did go looking for that all important 2nd goal which we duly got. I think the kicking which Hazard gets nearly every blaady game is gradually taking its toll...wouldn,t be surprised if this was his last season with us ...IF the Spaniards come knocking. Feel for Ake though...would be starting every week if still at Bournemouth...but he will probably start against Brentford....good thing for me though was to see him on the bench....and not Ivan tt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Can't disagree with either the above 2 posts...it was a struggle in that 2nd half,but we rode out the storm and did go looking for that all important 2nd goal which we duly got. I think the kicking which Hazard gets nearly every blaady game is gradually taking its toll...wouldn,t be surprised if this was his last season with us ...IF the Spaniards come knocking. Feel for Ake though...would be starting every week if still at Bournemouth...but he will probably start against Brentford....good thing for me though was to see him on the bench....and not Ivan tt.

Spot on about Hazard Keith. Those kicks he took definitely took it's toll in the second half. He was a spent force and Conte rightly substituted him. I liked Fabregas's attitude when he came on. No moping around and sulking but getting stuck into the action straight away. I'd love to see Ake start at left wing back, just to see if he can offer anything more. He's definitely quicker than Alonso but he'd have it to do to better Alonso's positional play and discipline.

• Like 1

I was worried you had all forgotten about that great camio by Fabregas but OG has now given him some credit. Twice he slid Costa in and it should have produced at least 1 goal. But hey, the delivery for Cahill's goal was certainly worth waiting for. I hope Cesc gets at least the Brentford game because he is too to be sat on the bench.

By the way, how did you all like Costa's blah blah blah celebrations? Remember folks, don't believe too much you read in the papers[emoji106]
cc28116643fd76fd7d13fb87409b58e4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrTrip said:

I was worried you had all forgotten about that great camio by Fabregas but OG has now given him some credit. Twice he slid Costa in and it should have produced at least 1 goal. But hey, the delivery for Cahill's goal was certainly worth waiting for. I hope Cesc gets at least the Brentford game because he is too to be sat on the bench.

By the way, how did you all like Costa's blah blah blah celebrations? Remember folks, don't believe too much you read in the papersemoji106.png
cc28116643fd76fd7d13fb87409b58e4.png

No doubt there will be wholesale changes for the Brentford game on Saturday Mr. T. Plenty of the younger players getting a start plus a few of the more experienced types. I'll be astonished if Fabregas isn't one of them as he'll bring a cool head and control in the midfield. Terry is back from suspension and will probably start alongside Zouma with Ake also in the back three, is my guess.

• Like 1

For once I would be quite happy to say....sod the FA cup....play Solanke up front.We have seen what Batshuayi can do and imo it ain't good enough ....and if we go out, so be it.

As for Fabregas...they  can wheel him out to the centre circle on a "Barbers Chair" and he can stay put and spread passes to all four corners of the ground...."permission  not to have to track back,defend and tackle Mr Conte "permission granted corporal Fabregas "     That's what Matic and Kante are there for..plus the 2 wing backs.imo 

• Like 2

You know guys, you're being incredibly cool about your teams performances and lofty position at the top of the table; very commendable. I dread to think what it'd be like if a certain team was in your situation, they'd probably crash the site with all their posts. But that's not gaing to happen, right.

• Like 1

You know guys, you're being incredibly cool about your teams performances and lofty position at the top of the table; very commendable. I dread to think what it'd be like if a certain team was in your situation, they'd probably crash the site with all their posts. But that's not gaing to happen, right.

After dropping only 11 points from 22 games or 3 points in 16 games,wouldn't you be confident?
Spurs game was just a blip, Liecester was a master class although they did let us play with acres of space.
I want to see us win the double just like we did with Ancelotti

• Like 1

Meltdown over on the Liverpool channel[emoji33]

Very one sided game yesterday. Far too many mistakes by fringe players though. Only injuries will gain these players premier league minutes.

• Like 1

Fair result I suppose...great cameo from Fabregas at the end. Best game of the season by far for me for both Matic and Kante. Great finish to a good game, only ever spoilt by the 2 complete and utter kunts in the commentary box.

Agree KS Kante was unbelievable. Made a tackle and didn't win the ball, got up chased won the ball, started next forward phase. Can't wait to see his game stats,
Fabregas, just wow.

Arsenal lost at home[emoji23]
Spuds drew at bottom 3 side Sunderland
Liverpool obviously drop points

9 points clear[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

• Like 2

On 24 มกราคม 2560 at 10:05 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

You know guys, you're being incredibly cool about your teams performances and lofty position at the top of the table; very commendable.

B/B its never over, til the Fat Lady Sings

and you can see how tight this E.P.L . really is ,from the Totts and  Arsenal  results, a sticky patch or dropped points, can  come your way, at a drop of a hat

at this point of time,   C/sea, have so far,  eluded  my observation (touch wood)

never saw last nites game,so no comment,apart from  sharing points away to a  title contender ( Liverpool) and dropped points  (so to speak)by Totts and Arsenal

makes our one point   a very valuable one, particular as Squeaky  Bum Time is approaching

a Kante good morning to all

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

B/B its never over, til the Fat Lady Sings

and you can see how tight this E.P.L . really is ,from the Totts and  Arsenal  results, a sticky patch or dropped points, can  come your way, at a drop of a hat

at this point of time,   C/sea, have so far,  eluded  my observation (touch wood)

never saw last nites game,so no comment,apart from  sharing points away to a  title contender ( Liverpool) and dropped points  (so to speak)by Totts and Arsenal

makes our one point   a very valuable one, particular as Squeaky  Bum Time is approaching

a Kante good morning to all

To be fair if Mittens hadn't bottled the penalty you'd have taken all three points and Klopp is probably a happier manager with his point than Conte"the great"  

Then again the others,  namely Spurs and Arsenal failed to capitalize so maybe it is a point gained?!!

• Like 1

Yeah, Hazard our regular penalty taker gets substituted then, 3 minutes later we get a penalty! Small margins.Terrible effort by Costa and a regulation save by Mignolet.

As expected, Liverpool left their previous woes behind them and started off like their arse'oles were on fire. We rode the storm and deservedly went into the break a goal up, courtesy of quick thinking by Luiz and an exquisite free kick. Mignolet and the rest of the stadium (except maybe the Chelsea team and bench) all expecting an angle of attack via a whipped in cross into the six yard box then, up pops Luiz to surprise 'em all. Saying that, even if Mignolet HAD been ready, he would  never had got to that free kick, shaving the inside of the post as it nestled into the bottom corner. If the Liverpool defence had had it's wits about them, they would have noticed that Luiz was not in the jostling line of defenders and attackers on the edge of the box where he should have been, but lurking out the back. But they didn't to their cost. 

As previously mentioned, Kante was immense in this game, putting a few below par displays firmly behind him. Luiz was also commanding in defence, especially in that opening 15 minutes when Liverpool applied pressure. All in all, it could have been better but a point is another step on the road to the title.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrRed said:

nice guy but won little

Can't agree with that statement MrEd!!  Lampard won everything at club level, model pro, his goal scoring record is nothing short of exceptional, always gave 100%....what more needs to be said?  He was an outstanding player.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, oldgit said:

although it seems a hell of a lot of work and money just to gain another 18,000 spectators

That would bring in about an extra 1 Million GBP per game , 30 Million per season , it would pay for itself in 20 years

10 hours ago, MrRed said:

nice guy but won little

He won everything possible at Club level .

F.A Cup x 4

Premier league x 3

League cup x 2

Community shield x 2

Champions league

Eurpoa league

Inter toto cup

Over 100 caps for England and Chelseas all time leading scorer .

That is quite a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

He won everything possible at Club level .

F.A Cup x 4

Premier league x 3

League cup x 2

Community shield x 2

Champions league

Eurpoa league

Inter toto cup

Over 100 caps for England and Chelseas all time leading scorer .

That is quite a lot

*Almost* everything. There is no World Club tinpot there. Then again, the Intertwobob cup is rarer.