Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Football is about opinions and you are entitled to yours but what do you think Hazard excels at better than KdB?

Hazard is a great player but my opinion is that I'd have KdB over Hazard

Ditto Salah > Pedro/Willian:post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Nonsense he would walk into your team of duds.

good  team of duds, though

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I will assume you've been drinking.

and why not, ???better then reading your   rubbish

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Football is about opinions and you are entitled to yours but what do you think Hazard excels at better than KdB?

asking   or  comparing players  in same positions(or simarlar)  is  absoulate insane, for the two that you have mentioned , both have different talents  which  make  their   play up, KVB is more robust etc etc,  where Hazard The Hazard The Destroyer is a, one on one master  a very neat dribbler  and  has a standing start of electricfying pace,   and many more tricks in his armoury    then K.V.B   and stick this your pipe and smoke it ...why is Hazard  arguable the most hack to death player  in the EPL,  and constantly man marked mostly by two players, when KVB gets the same attention, E/S  will put him  in the same frame, easy to speak from the chair   i  ,have had actual  selectors  expereince at representive level in Sydney (rugby league) for many years,we never ever compare players  as it is mission impossible to do so, as most players tick in so many  different  ways   on and off pitch,the two mentioned  players are certainly different players to start with,in a perfect world both in the same team  would be absoulately perfect

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Ditto Salah > Pedro/Willian:post-4641-1156694572:

another sprouting post of???? , let   Salah  do it for a few seasons  and win Silverware , Pedro  has played and won  at the highest level  and has heaps of Silverware  ,perhaps in his twilight years  ,but still gives 100% shift every match,  and can score consistlently and when  the team  needed  them, in big games, you have a case with Willian as  sadly he has dropped a peg or two,do hope he can regain his form in the near future

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

asking   or  comparing players  in same positions(or simarlar)  is  absoulate insane, for the two that you have mentioned , both have different talents  which  make  their   play up, KVB is more robust etc etc,  where Hazard The Hazard The Destroyer is a, one on one master  a very neat dribbler  and  has a standing start of electricfying pace,   and many more tricks in his armoury    then K.V.B   and stick this your pipe and smoke it ...why is Hazard  arguable the most hack to death player  in the EPL,  and constantly man marked mostly by two players, when KVB gets the same attention, E/S  will put him  in the same frame, easy to speak from the chair

You said comparing players is absolute insane and then.......you went on to compare them :tongue:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You said comparing players is absolute insane and then.......you went on to compare them :tongue:

thick as ten bricks ,  waste of time with youse lot,  don,t understand players contribitions come to different clubs  to others ,  in different ways , or another way is using a old adage Horses For Courses have a good rest u need it your recent sucess has gone to your head cobber

20 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

thick as ten bricks ,  waste of time with youse lot,  don,t understand players contribitions come to different clubs  to others ,  in different ways , or another way is using a old adage Horses For Courses have a good rest u need it your recent sucess has gone to your head cobber

Or put another way,  three terrific players were in Chelsea's squad, all three under utilized, eventually completely wasted and eventually sold on the cheap, soon after going on to become very fine additions to the direct competition, in particular Kevin De Bruyne, becoming Bundesliga player of the season and quite possibly going to be premier league player of the season.    A Mourinho masterclass in poor man management. 

A very happy mis managed morning to one and all.

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

Or put another way,  three terrific players were in Chelsea's squad, all three under utilized,

Having seen these guys play for Chelsea I can assure you it's nonsense to suggest that they were under utilized, the reality is that, when given their opportunities they failed to shine sufficiently to keep themselves in the team. The decisions to sell them were poor IN HINDSIGHT. What ought to have been different is the terms of their sales, we ought to have included buy-back or sell-on clauses, for which Emenalo and Granovsaia were responsible, not Mourinho.

In the case of Lukaku specifically, he lost his bottle before, during and after missing a decisive penalty in the UEFA Super Cup Final against Bayern, shortly afterwards he requested a transfer, leaving the club little option but to sell. The money went quite some way towards funding the purchase of Costa, who played a major part in our winning two league titles, which was nice.

When KDB and Salah departed I don't recall any interest from Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG or even the two Manchester clubs but perhaps you can explain why not?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Muton said:

Having seen these guys play for Chelsea I can assure you it's nonsense to suggest that they were under utilized, the reality is that, when given their opportunities they failed to shine sufficiently to keep themselves in the team. The decisions to sell them were poor IN HINDSIGHT. What ought to have been different is the terms of their sales, we ought to have included buy-back or sell-on clauses, for which Emenalo and Granovsaia were responsible, not Mourinho.

In the case of Lukaku specifically, he lost his bottle before, during and after missing a decisive penalty in the UEFA Super Cup Final against Bayern, shortly afterwards he requested a transfer, leaving the club little option but to sell. The money went quite some way towards funding the purchase of Costa, who played a major part in our winning two league titles, which was nice.

When KDB and Salah departed I don't recall any interest from Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG or even the two Manchester clubs but perhaps you can explain why not?

Perhaps they were viewed at that particular time as players that had had their confidence shattered by Mourinho unpleasant tongue and manner?  Just a thought.....

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

De Bruyne has scored 16 goals and made 34 assists in 76 PL appearances so its fair to say you have a very strong case, be it the wonderful player Hazard is.

53 minutes ago, carmine said:

Perhaps they were viewed at that particular time as players that had had their confidence shattered by Mourinho unpleasant tongue and manner?  Just a thought.....

The same Mourinho that's led Clubs to league triumphs in England, Spain, Italy and Portugal?

• Like 2

I do think some posters are missing the point in all this. The manager sets out his team according to a number of factors; the system, who's available, the opposition, desired result etc.

If I was a manger and wanted a soak-it-up counter-attacking style (Leicester at their best) the player I would like is Salah. If I'm looking at getting some width and putting in those crosses then I look for a Costa or Andy Carroll type.

Sometimes it is difficult to fit a good player into an established system.

The Blues have a couple of good young players out on loan at the mo'. I reckon Abraham and Loftus-Cheek will be regulars next season.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

16 hours ago, evenstevens said:

my above post. perhaps did nt ring a bell with  you, the very reason i compared both players inn question, Harzard and KVB  was to show you the huge difference in their style of play, its like a few years ago they were comparing Gerrard  to Lampard both great players but different models on the pitch,and many times players who have difficulities in obtaining a run on side position,  move to other club then hit the paydirt immediately largely due to fitting in like a glove for 101 reasons ,it happens repeatly everywhere,  if i was a defender and  was asked who would be the player  to mark for a easier afternoon, my answer without being biased would be KVB  by the proverbial mile for a raft of reasons, ,but in saying that KVB is proving to be a handful but has,nt got the ammo or wide variety of tricks  and presently Hazard playing in behind Morata is a bigger  headache  then KVB right now, because he is not stuck in one area of the pitch (generally left hand side) when he was getting hammered (fouls)and has heaps more freedom to  move around,and TheRat can pick him up with his passes from behind  or bypass him to Morata, see how this double trick pans out in the coming matchs ,hope  i have  knock down your brick wall cobber:smile: its a Hazard The Destroyer  nice morning to all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

I thought my point would have sufficient clarity to negate any further explanation, however, as you seem to be struggling I'm happy to help you out.

The bigger picture (bigger than just "who left" or "who may or may not have felt aggrieved by Mourinho's words or actions") is the overall strength of the squad at the time and the success that the squad could / did achieve in terms of silverware,

As I previously reminded you, the sale of Lukaku facilitated the acquisition of Costa, who led the attack for us in two Premier League winning seasons.

Salah had no chance of dislodging Oscar or Willian given the form that they were in and the distinct lack of comparitive quality that he put on show at the time. Ditto for KDB, who, despite getting a break in the first team  at the start of the 2013/14 season, was so insipid that the club laid out £30 million on Willian, who again was instrumental in winning trophies and who was our standout player in the 2014/2015 season.

The decisions on who to ship out and who to bring in has, without question, brought results, which I appreciate is an alien concept for you lot from The Lane!

But my post didn't relate to any perceived "bigger picture" as you put it.  It very simply relates to exactly what it says and any future "bigger picture" is totally irrelevant to the post i made

2 hours ago, carmine said:

But my post didn't relate to any perceived "bigger picture" as you put it.  It very simply relates to exactly what it says and any future "bigger picture" is totally irrelevant to the post i made

Everything relates to the bigger picture, don't blame me if you can't see that, I was just giving a little perspective to your comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Everything relates to the bigger picture, don't blame me if you can't see that, I was just giving a little perspective to your comment.

There was no bigger picture relative to his decision to sell three top players off on the cheap.  I can see that in crystal clarity and theres the point.  Now, lets move on shall we!