Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Sorry guys I cannot view any EPL table on the web and my phone line is down...could someone tell me who is top of the table ?

Glad you are interested in November table positions, take a hint from Arsenal last year and relax, or you might slip when it really counts. :o

for a man who has previously claimed to be an ambassador for his country he doesn't half behave like a shithouse on a regular basis.

How can you slag off anyone? when your leader, captain and only inspirational player is a diving cheat....Atletico Madrid comes to mind!!! :o

who's talking about gerrard? not that he's our only inspirational player anyway.

you're defending drogba? the man's a coward and a shithouse and i thought you'd have realised that after his pathetic behaviour in the european cup final. he lost you that by the way, not john terry.

for a man who has previously claimed to be an ambassador for his country he doesn't half behave like a shithouse on a regular basis.

How can you slag off anyone? when your leader, captain and only inspirational player is a diving cheat....Atletico Madrid comes to mind!!! :o

who's talking about gerrard? not that he's our only inspirational player anyway.

you're defending drogba? the man's a coward and a shithouse and i thought you'd have realised that after his pathetic behaviour in the european cup final. he lost you that by the way, not john terry.

Glad to see there is something Stevie and I agree on :D

Glad to see there is something Stevie and I agree on :D

Haha that really doesn't surprise me seeing bkkjames jump on the bandwagon!, this guy has admitted he is the number 1 glory hunter! :D

Zola offers Drogba support

Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola has offered his support to Didier Drogba, insisting the striker must have been provoked into throwing a coin into the crowd.

Drogba is facing a police and Football Association investigation following an incident during Chelsea's Carling Cup clash with Burnley on Wednesday night.

After putting the Blues in front at Stamford Bridge, Drogba chucked a coin back into the crowd after celebrating his goal.

He is widely expected to be hit with a suspension from the FA, but Zola can understand why the Ivory Coast ace reacted in such a manner.

Former Blues star Zola believes Drogba is an 'honest' player and is hoping for 'common sense' to be used by both players and fans in future situations.

"I know Drogba is a very composed and honest player," said Zola. "He is always fair.

"If he reacted, maybe he has been insulted and that is not good in football.

"A couple of weeks ago there was an anti-racism campaign. I don't know if this was a racist act or not.

"The crowd has to respect the players, and the other way round.

"I don't know what happened, but I know he is a fair player and an honest player - a straight player.

"You have to understand they are human beings and when you are playing an important match you are under pressure.

"Sometimes your composure can be lost. It's not easy, you are walking on the edge all the time.

"A little bit of common sense is good from both sides. There have been a couple of situations when I was struggling on the pitch and getting abuse from the crowd. I was very close to reacting.

"It's totally understandable. Some moments you can hold yourself and others you can lose it a little bit."

Ballack calm on Blues deal

Michael Ballack is not letting his contract situation at Chelsea worry him.

The Germany international is out of contract next summer and, as yet, no talks regarding an extension have taken place with the club's hierarchy.

Ballack has endured and up and down spell during his time in England and is currently on the verge of a first-team return following a stint out with a foot injury.

Despite the possibility of leaving The Blues next summer, Ballack is happy at Stamford Bridge and has stated he would like to extend his illustrious career with the West London outfit.

"I'm relaxed about my contract situation. I love Chelsea," he told the Evening Standard.

"As a player you have to have a good feeling about where you are and there is no reason why I should change clubs when I'm feeling this good.

"I'm not 25 any more and thinking about all the places I'd like to go. I'm now playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. We can still improve and I want to help with this.

"I feel I have a lot to give for years to come. I think I have a lot of experience and am still in good shape. I feel strong, I can imagine finishing my career at Chelsea and we want to win something big.

"Last season we were very close to doing it with the Champions League and these are days where you can make history and that is what I want to do with Chelsea."

Meanwhile, Ballack has expressed his frustration at Chelsea's surprise penalty shoot-out Carling Cup exit to Burnley in midweek.

The 32-year-old did not take part against the Championship outfit and now wants last year's runners-up to maintain their place at the top of the Premier League ladder against West Brom.

"We didn't just lose a game - we are out of the Cup," he continued. "When you lose a League game you can repair it; in the Cup you can't.

"It's a little frustrating but we have to keep going. We are in a good position in the League. When you compare where we were in the League now to last season, we were six or seven points behind and it's always difficult to close the gap.

"Now we stay on top and it's good for the confidence to play games and know that when we win we're still on top. Even in the Champions League we're in a good position, so that should be our motivation."

FA charges Drogba over coin throw

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association for throwing a coin back into the crowd.

Drogba hurled a coin into a section of Burnley supporters following his goal in Chelsea's shock Carling Cup defeat at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

He has until Monday evening to respond, with a hearing planned for Tuesday.

Team-mate Frank Lampard has called for Drogba to avoid a ban, insisting it would send the wrong message to fans.

It's not unusual to get things thrown at you and lots of abuse, too, and I think it's got to stop

"If Didier gets banned, are fans going to do this more to provoke people? Who knows," said Lampard.

"I hope he doesn't get banned, but it's up to the FA."

The FA has also written to both Chelsea and Burnley to request information on a number of missiles thrown at Chelsea players from the Burnley section.

An FA spokesman said: "Players should be able to play football without fearing for their personal safety.

"It is totally unacceptable for players to be put in danger by supporters throwing missiles onto the pitch.

"The priority now is to work with the clubs and the police to identify the individuals involved.

"The FA wants anyone found guilty of throwing missiles to face the strongest possible action. That includes life bans from attending football matches."

Drogba, 30, made a single-finger gesture before throwing the coin back following his 27th-minute goal, but there have been no reports of any spectators being injured.

Referee Keith Stroud told the FA he had booked Drogba for going towards the opposition supporters to celebrate, but had not seen him throw the coin.

The Ivory Coast striker issued an immediate post-match apology but could still face a suspension, while the incident is also being investigated by the police.

Jamie Carragher was handed a three-match ban when he was red-carded for a similar offence in 2002.

Carragher was also interviewed by police but no further action was taken. However, he was fined by Liverpool and warned about his future conduct.

"There are two sides to it," said Chelsea midfielder Lampard. "Didier's come out and there's been a reaction, a human reaction I have to say, which Jamie Carragher made once.

"I was around Didier at the time and I don't know how many coins there were around.

"I take quite a lot of corners and it's not unusual to get things thrown at you and lots of abuse, too, and I think it's got to a stage now where it's got to stop."

"We've seen referees getting hit, too, so I think people have to take responsibility as a group."

Chelsea coach Luiz Felipe Scolari refused to talk about Drogba's antics during the match against the Clarets, which the London club lost on penalties, at a press conference ahead of their game with West Bromwich Albion.

The Brazilian said: "About Didier Drogba, I won't say anything. Finished. Okay?

"It's not my business. I'm not someone to say kill or not kill. I'm only the coach and I'll receive the information from the police, the club, the FA."

all class this lad is...

Dirty Drog: Didier is 'sorry' for hurling coin into crowd as Chelsea pay the penalty by NEIL ASHTON

Didier Drogba was forced to apologise for throwing a coin at Burnley fans after making an obscene gesture as Chelsea were bundled out of the Carling Cup at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea striker flipped a finger at supporters after scoring his first club goal for more than six months. Missiles were thrown, one of which Drogba flung back.

For lovely photos of the dog in in action... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ay-penalty.html

I heard there was a mad scramble for the coin after it was thrown back.Must be grim up North what with the credit crunch.

Super, Super Frank, Super Frankie Lampard! :o

Lampard takes monthly gong

Frank Lampard has been named as the Premier League's Player of the Month for October.

The Chelsea midfielder has been in scintillating form of late and has seen his achievements acknowledged accordingly.

It is the third time that the England international has been named the top flight's elite performer during his stellar career, with the last occasion coming exactly three years ago.

Lampard claimed October's prize after helping Chelsea to three wins in four Premier League fixtures, while he also bagged two goals during the course of the month - including a sublime chip during a 3-0 victory at Hull.

He now stands just one behind a group of six players - including Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney - who have taken the monthly accolade on four occasions.

"I'm very pleased," Lampard told Sky Sports News.

"A lot of players in the league have had a good month. But it's been a good month for me personally; I've been playing in a team that's playing very well, which always make it easier. To win the Barclays player of the month, I'm very proud.

"Obviously in football team awards come first and foremost but if you can get an individual award for how you are performing during the season, whether it be month-by-month or at the end of the season, it's a great personal thing and it gives you confidence."

Meanwhile, Lampard's Stamford Bridge team-mate Nicolas Anelka has also seen his recent performances rewarded, as he claimed a golden boot for being the first player to reach 10 top flight goals this season.

The Frenchman is delighted with the manner in which his season is progressing, while he also took the time to pile further praise on Lampard.

"I am very pleased because it is difficult to reach 10 goals in any season," Anelka told Chelsea's official website.

"I am glad and hopefully I will keep on scoring goals. Obviously my team-mates help me a lot to score goals.

He added: "Frank can do everything, he can score, give good assists and he wants to win every game so I think he is one of the best midfielders in the world."

Scolari - Apology was enough

Luiz Felipe Scolari believes a line should have been drawn under Wednesday night's coin-throwing incident at Stamford Bridge when Didier Drogba issued an apology for his actions.

The Ivorian has hit the headlines this week after his goal for Chelsea against Burnley in the Carling Cup led to the striker having coins thrown at him by some of the away supporters.

Drogba responded by tossing a coin back into the stands and has since been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

English football's governing body and the police are running investigations into the incident, while Chelsea boss Scolari has previously remained tight-lipped over his thoughts.

Of the opinion that the incident has escalated over the past few days, Scolari believes Drogba's apology should have put the matter to bed.

"I think Didier did not go to the pitch with coins, he did not go to the pitch to fight," Scolari told Chelsea TV. "He went to the pitch to play football.

"He scored one goal, was happy, but received something from the people - not the Chelsea fans, the other fans. Now the police investigate.

"What they say, what they write, we accept. But it was only when Didier came to the (dressing) room that he thought and apologised. That I think was the first time he had really thought about what had happened.

"When he apologised, for me it is finished.

"But now we wait for an investigation from the FA, from the police. After this, we say something more."

West Brom v Chelsea

Abdoulaye Meite may return for West Brom following a calf injury.

Midfielder James Morrison is also in contention after recovering from a back problem, while defender Neil Clement (knee) is a long term absentee.

Chelsea duo Ashley Cole and Michael Ballack are fit enough to travel but both are likely to start on the bench.

Alex (thigh), Julian Belletti (ankle), Franco Di Santo (hamstring), Ricardo Carvalho (knee), Michael Essien (knee), and Joe Cole (hamstring) are all out.

West Brom (from): Carson, Kiely, Zuiverloon, Donk, Olsson, Robinson, Morrison, Greening, Koren, Valero, Brunt, Miller, Bednar, Hoefkens, Cech, Do-Heon, Moore, MacDonald, Pele, Teixeira, Meite, Morrison.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Deco, Obi, Sinclair, Stoch, Woods, Kalou, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba, Ferreira.

West Brom Tony Mowbray:

"At Anfield last weekend, for long periods we were in the game and gave a good account of ourselves. This will be no different. This will be a tough test for us.

"You need these teams to come to you a little bit off the boil, you need them to miss a few chances, you need to ride your luck a little bit.

"Hopefully we can get our noses in front, put them under a bit of pressure, get the crowd going and let's see how the game goes."

Chelsea captain John Terry:

"We have to make sure we are at it, to be able to earn the right to play, so we need to battle and we didn't do that in the week.

"One thing we did last week was bounce back from a big defeat and we need to do it again.

"If we can go there and frustrate their crowd and players, battle in the first five or 10 minutes and match them physically then nine times out of 10 we know when we start playing we are the better attacking team."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

Chelsea have gained 18 more points, notched six more wins and scored 19 more goals than their lowly opponents.

Newly promoted West Bromwich Albion have lost six more matches and conceded 17 more goals than the Premier League pacesetters.

But by the time this early evening kick-off gets underway Chelsea will have been knocked off the top, if Liverpool get at least a point from their lunchtime match at Bolton.

Victory for Chelsea would set a new Premier League record of 10 successive away wins, breaking their own record of nine established in the 2004-05 season.

Tony Mowbray's Premier League win return as West Brom manager is 25% (three of 12), while Luiz Felipe Scolari's at Chelsea is 75% (nine of 12), but the Brazilian saw his side lose to Burnley of the Championship on a penalty shoot-out on Wednesday and miss out on a place in the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup.

The Baggies is the only club not to have turned round in front at half-time in any Premier League game this season; the Blues are the only side not to have conceded a single goal in the second-half.

CLUB FORM

WEST BROMWICH ALBION

2008-09 Premier League performance - best and worst categories in the league

1. Gained one point out of 15.

2. Picked up the joint fewest wins, lost the joint most matches and possess the equal poorest attack in the top division. More details

3. Lost six of eight matches against top-half clubs; won two, away to Middlesbrough and home to Fulham.

4. Despite four defeats in five outings, 11 points from the first 12 games is still their best start to a Premier League season.

5. Already lost at Arsenal, Manchester United and in their last outing at Liverpool this season, and suffered defeats in the last nine Premier League matches against 'Big Four' clubs, since beating Arsenal 2-1 at home on 15 October 2005.

6. Won their last two top-flight games against London clubs; West Ham and Fulham, both at home, on 13 September and 4 October respectively.

CHELSEA

2008-09 Premier League performance - best and worst categories in the league

1. Bidding for a fourth successive Premier League win, having beaten Hull (a), Sunderland (h) and Blackburn (a).

2. Not strung four league wins together since notching five on the spin between 29 December 2007 to 30 January 2008.

3. The joint most winning team with the strongest attack and tightest defence in the Premier League. More details

4. Not conceded in three Premier League matches, or in 350 minutes (five hours 50 minutes). Xabi Alonso's winner for Liverpool was the only goal shipped in seven Premier League outings.

5. On the longest current run in the Premier League of 20 matches, since conceding more than a single goal in a game; the 4-4 draw with Spurs at White Hart Lane on 19 March being the most recent occasion.

6. Defending the only 100% away league record in England; won six of six on the road this season, and last nine away league games, bridging last term.

7. Undefeated in an unmatched 16 away Premier League outings; dropped just four points out of 48 on the road since losing 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on 16 December 2007.

8. Own the best Premier League record in 2008; won 22, drawn seven and lost one, bagging 73 points from 30 games.

9. Already gained away wins over two of the promoted clubs without conceding a single goal; 0-2 against Stoke and 0-3 against Hull.

10. Won the last four Premier League matches against Midlands clubs with an 11-1 aggregate; won the last three in the Midlands with clean sheets in all three.

KEY PLAYER NOTES

WEST BROMWICH ALBION

James MORRISON has scored the quickest goal of this Premier League season; he opened the scoring of West Brom's 3-2 home win over West Ham on 13 September after two minutes 16 seconds.

Jonathan GREENING is the only remaining player to have been on field for every minute of every one of West Brom's league and cup matches this season.

GREENING, Scott CARSON and Paul ROBINSON are Albion's remaining ever-presents in the Premier League.

If selected:-

CARSON will be making his 100th career league appearance (Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Aston Villa and West Brom).

Neil CLEMENT will be facing the club where he was a trainee. The 30 year old defender made four appearances (one league) while on Chelsea's books before his move to the Hawthorns in July 2000.

CHELSEA

Nicolas ANELKA is the joint top-scoring Premier League player with 11 club goals in all competitions, on a par with Darren BENT of Tottenham.

Goalkeeper Petr CECH leads the race for the Barclays Golden Glove jointly with Jose REINA of Liverpool. Both have kept seven clean sheets.

If selected:

John TERRY will be making his 250th Premier League appearance for Chelsea.

Wayne BRIDGE will be making his 250th career league appearance (Southampton, Chelsea and Fulham).

Michael BALLACK will be making his 50th Premier League appearance for Chelsea.

ALEX will be making his 50th appearance in Chelsea colours.

HEAD TO HEAD

Zoltan Gera and Nwankwo Kanu are the only players to have scored Premier League goals for West Brom against Chelsea; neither are still at the club.

The Baggies have not gained a single home point against the Londoners since a 1-0 top-flight victory on 14 March 1979, when Alistair Brown scored the winner.

Home and away

League (inc PL): WBA 35 wins, Chelsea 44, Draws 27

Prem: WBA 0 wins, Chelsea 6, Draws 0

at WBA only

League (inc PL): WBA 21 wins, Chelsea 19, Draws 13

Prem: WBA 0 wins, Chelsea 3, Draws 0

REFEREE

Steve Bennett (Orpington, Kent)

West Brom 0-3 Chelsea

Nicolas Anelka scored twice as Chelsea claimed a convincing win at rock bottom West Brom to move back above Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table.

The Baggies matched the visitors until Jose Bosingwa caught out Scott Carson, smashing his shot into the top corner.

Anelka ran clear to dink home a second then made it 3-0 before the break after latching on to Salomon Kalou's pass.

Filipe Teixeira fired over for West Brom but Chelsea were always in control despite easing up in the second half.

The win sees Chelsea regain top spot on goal difference, following Liverpool's 2-0 win at Bolton earlier on Saturday.

The Blues' build-up to this game was overshadowed by the furore surrounding Didier Drogba, who threw a coin into the crowd in their midweek Carling Cup defeat against Burnley and is facing Football Association charges over the incident.

He was relegated to the bench here by Luiz Felipe Scolari, who has a crippling injury list to deal with and was down to his last 18 fit senior players at the Hawthorns.

But Scolari's side put those problems behind them with a composed performance that saw them soak up some early pressure before scoring three quick-fire goals to kill the game off before the break.

This was Chelsea's 10th successive away victory - a new Premier League record - and also their seventh on the road in the league this season.

Yet, despite eventually being outclassed, West Brom can still feel hard done by after a bright start which saw them go close in the first minute when James Morrison broke forward and fired inches over from the edge of the box.

The home side had another sight of goal when Borja Balero fed Ishmael Miller inside the area, only for the big striker to scuff his shot harmlessly wide.

The Baggies have rightly won plenty of plaudits for their passing football this season but goals - and points - have not been forthcoming and it was a familiar tale of woe for Tony Mowbray's men here.

Chelsea's fluid passing game took time to get going but they were soon creating chances themselves and Scott Carson had to make smart stops from Frank Lampard and Florent Malouda.

The Baggies were still acquitting themselves well, however, but that changed when Bosingwa opened the floodgates with a shot out of nothing on 34 minutes.

There seemed little danger as the Portuguese defender cut in from the right but he surprised everyone - including Carson - with a precise shot into the top corner that the keeper got a hand to but could not keep out.

Matters got worse for West Brom four minutes later when Anelka opened his account, latching on to Malouda's header to race away from the home defence and dink the ball over Carson.

And the Frenchman made sure of Chelsea's victory in first-half injury-time when he met Kalou's pass and found a gap between Carson and his near post with a clinical finish.

It was Anelka's eighth goal in his last four league games and how Mowbray must wish he had a striker of his calibre in his squad - Anelka was the biggest difference between the two sides.

Chelsea looked in the mood to add to their tally at the start of the second half when Carson had come off his line to deny Malouda.

But the Blues knew their job was done and they took their foot off the pedal as the game wore on.

Deco fired over and Anelka had a goalbound shot blocked but West Brom had as many opportunities in front of goal in the final half hour.

The Baggies could still not find the target, however, with Teixiera firing over after running at goal and fellow substitute Do-Heon Kim volleying Paul Robinson's cross a yard wide.

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray:

"You always know when you're playing one of these sides, it's going to be a long day if they get their noses in front.

"For 30 or so minutes we didn't hold our own but we were hanging in there, then Boswinga stuck one in and it became a tough one.

"Against these teams you're putting you finger in the dyke at times."

Chelsea boss Luis Feilpe Scolari on Nicolas Anelka:

"He's played almost every game, he has more confidence, he not only plays inside the area but also outside, he is fast, and now that he has confidence he will score more goals for us."

West Brom: Carson, Zuiverloon, Meite (Donk 68), Olsson, Robinson, Koren, Morrison (Filipe Teixeira 58), Greening, Borja Valero, Miller, Bednar (Kim 46).

Subs Not Used: Kiely, Cech, Brunt, Moore.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry (Ferreira 85), Bridge, Lampard, Mikel, Deco, Kalou (Ballack 68), Anelka (Drogba 74), Malouda.

Subs Not Used: Hilario, Ashley Cole, Sinclair, Mineiro.

Booked: Terry, Bosingwa, Ivanovic.

Goals: Bosingwa 34, Anelka 38, 45.

Att: 26,322

Ref: Steve Bennett (Kent).

Lampard has no regrets

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has no regrets over his decision to commit to the club in the summer.

During the previous transfer window the England international was strongly linked with a reunion with former Blues boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

However, Lampard ended the speculation by penning a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge in August.

"It was a very tough time for me personally after the death of my mum, and my head was in a spin in the summer," he explains in the Sunday Times.

"I didn't really know what to do and I felt it might suit me to get away and change my surroundings and my life.

"But when I came back pre-season, I realised how much I loved this place - and, through speaking to my family, I knew what I had to do.

"I'm sure now 100 per cent that I made the right decision."

Note to Seapock (chelsea) and Redrus (United):

Thanks to both for cutting and pasting every headline in the newspapers everyday, must take alot of time.

Just a suggestion, if by chance us football fans made it onto the TV football forum on a regular basis, do you think we also have taking the time to read the morning papers on-line?

In your case, Seapock, I understand that you may want to fill up the Chelsea page and keep it at the top of the list, but really man, why not just comment on something you saw in the paper regarding your (non-glory hunting) team? Otherwise, if you just paste and leave, the rest of us will take the opportunity to add our two satang worth, in your abscence.

:D:D:o:D

Note to Seapock (chelsea) and Redrus (United):

Thanks to both for cutting and pasting every headline in the newspapers everyday, must take alot of time.

Just a suggestion, if by chance us football fans made it onto the TV football forum on a regular basis, do you think we also have taking the time to read the morning papers on-line?

In your case, Seapock, I understand that you may want to fill up the Chelsea page and keep it at the top of the list, but really man, why not just comment on something you saw in the paper regarding your (non-glory hunting) team? Otherwise, if you just paste and leave, the rest of us will take the opportunity to add our two satang worth, in your abscence.

:D:D:o:D

Note to bkkjames.....STAY OUT OF IT!, if your not happy about reading my postings don't come to this thread, there are plenty of others you can look at. I would of thought actual facts would improve the footballing knowledge of a Glory Hunting Canadian such as yourself??? :D

FAO: bkkjames :o

Mancienne sees future at Chelsea

Michael Mancienne has voiced his determination to one day break into the Chelsea first team.

Mancienne, who is currently on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, has been named in Fabio Capello's 23-man England squad to face Germany on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old has made just three Championship starts for Wolves this season and was handed the surprise call-up ahead of a number of Premier League defenders.

Mancienne has yet to feature for his parent club Chelsea but is determined to return to Stamford Bridge in the future and emerge as a regular.

He said in The Sun: "Long-term I would like to go back there, because I have been with the club since I was a kid.

"I am at Wolves until the end of December and I don't know if the loan will be extended."

He added: "I want to make headlines because that shows I'm doing well.

"To go from Chelsea reserves to the top of the Championship with Wolves and to England is a massive thrill.

"I am thriving on the pressure playing first-team football brings and this is only inspiring me to work harder because these are just the first steps."

Michael Mancienne has voiced his determination to one day break into the Chelsea first team.

Mancienne, who is currently on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, has been named in Fabio Capello's 23-man England squad to face Germany on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old has made just three Championship starts for Wolves this season and was handed the surprise call-up ahead of a number of Premier League defenders.

Mancienne has yet to feature for his parent club Chelsea but is determined to return to Stamford Bridge in the future and emerge as a regular.

He said in The Sun: "Long-term I would like to go back there, because I have been with the club since I was a kid.

"I am at Wolves until the end of December and I don't know if the loan will be extended."

"To go from Chelsea reserves to the top of the Championship with Wolves and to England is a massive thrill.

"I am thriving on the pressure playing first-team football brings and this is only inspiring me to work harder because these are just the first steps."

With news like this, I think we will all sleep better tonight. Keep up the good work Seapok.

With news like this, I think we will all sleep better tonight. Keep up the good work Seapok.

Please make yourself aware of this rule bkkjames.

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Please make yourself aware of this rule bkkjames.

2) Posting another members personal details, photos or web site details is forbidden and will result in being banned. Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Ah ok, not sure what in my line to Seapok violates any of the above? If it does, then perhaps all the comments / banter between supporters in the football forum should come under closer scrutiny?

Chin up Bkkjames! :o

Terry - Anelka on fire

Chelsea skipper John Terry believes that team-mate Nicolas Anelka is in the form of his life.

The Frenchman has scored 13 goals this season making him the leading marksman in the Premier League and ensuring Terry is a relieved man.

Anelka's impressive form has softened the blow of losing Didier Drogba for much of the season through injury and the striker was amongst the goals again as Chelsea saw off West Brom at the Hawthorns 3-0 with the 29-year-old grabbing two.

The win meant Luiz Felipe Scolari's men have now equalled Tottenham's 48-year record of ten successive away wins in the top flight and Terry is hoping Anelka can fire them to many more this season.

He said: "We soaked up a lot of pressure from West Brom early on and hit them on the counter-attack with three goals.

"Anelka has been, and is, the saviour for us at the moment with Didier having been out and only just coming back from injury.

"For me Anelka is in the best form of his career. He is in great form and getting the goals as well. He is top scorer in the Premier League and long may it continue.

"He relishes playing down the middle. He relishes the likes of Flo (Florent Malouda) and Coley (Joe Cole) and Salomon Kalou on either side of him.

"It gives him the chance to play in between the two centre-halves and on the shoulders of them because the two opposition full-backs are getting stretched all the time by the wide men."

The Chelsea and England captain knows how hard the former Arsenal and Liverpool man can be to play against and he was pleased when the striker became his team-mate.

He added: "When we signed him I said thank God you are here because I used to hate playing against him.

"He was always playing on my shoulder, and a great finisher as well."

Chin up Bkkjames! :o

Terry - Anelka on fire

Chelsea skipper John Terry believes that team-mate Nicolas Anelka is in the form of his life.

The Frenchman has scored 13 goals this season making him the leading marksman in the Premier League and ensuring Terry is a relieved man.

Anelka's impressive form has softened the blow of losing Didier Drogba for much of the season through injury and the striker was amongst the goals again as Chelsea saw off West Brom at the Hawthorns 3-0 with the 29-year-old grabbing two.

The win meant Luiz Felipe Scolari's men have now equalled Tottenham's 48-year record of ten successive away wins in the top flight and Terry is hoping Anelka can fire them to many more this season.

He said: "We soaked up a lot of pressure from West Brom early on and hit them on the counter-attack with three goals.

"Anelka has been, and is, the saviour for us at the moment with Didier having been out and only just coming back from injury.

"For me Anelka is in the best form of his career. He is in great form and getting the goals as well. He is top scorer in the Premier League and long may it continue.

"He relishes playing down the middle. He relishes the likes of Flo (Florent Malouda) and Coley (Joe Cole) and Salomon Kalou on either side of him.

"It gives him the chance to play in between the two centre-halves and on the shoulders of them because the two opposition full-backs are getting stretched all the time by the wide men."

The Chelsea and England captain knows how hard the former Arsenal and Liverpool man can be to play against and he was pleased when the striker became his team-mate.

He added: "When we signed him I said thank God you are here because I used to hate playing against him.

"He was always playing on my shoulder, and a great finisher as well."

I must admit,I was a bit sceptical about the signing of Anelka as I didnt see him as a better player now,as he was at Arsenal.Like most strikers,hes a confidence player and his first couple of games were average basically because he was playing wide right.Now he's in the position he wants to be which is why I can't quite understand his urge to play up front with Drogba.I can't see that working at all.Either one or the other for me.

Anelka feels for Drogba

Nicolas Anelka has expressed his sympathy for Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba over his three-match ban.

Drogba was given the punishment by the Football Association earlier this week after admitting a charge of violent conduct.

The charge related to Drogba's behaviour in the recent Carling Cup clash with Burnley, when he threw a coin back into the crowd.

Drogba apologised later the same night and Anelka does not feel the incident should have been taken so seriously.

"In England and at Chelsea more precisely, what has made the headlines is the Drogba affair," the France striker wrote in his weekly column for website

"Didier threw back a coin that supporters had chucked at him. It's not something serious. It's a gesture like any other.

"In Turkey, during derbies, I had batteries and other things thrown at my head - I never responded. But sometimes it's hard to keep your nerves."

Anelka feels for Drogba

Nicolas Anelka has expressed his sympathy for Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba over his three-match ban.

Drogba was given the punishment by the Football Association earlier this week after admitting a charge of violent conduct.

The charge related to Drogba's behaviour in the recent Carling Cup clash with Burnley, when he threw a coin back into the crowd.

Drogba apologised later the same night and Anelka does not feel the incident should have been taken so seriously.

"In England and at Chelsea more precisely, what has made the headlines is the Drogba affair," the France striker wrote in his weekly column for website

"Didier threw back a coin that supporters had chucked at him. It's not something serious. It's a gesture like any other.

"In Turkey, during derbies, I had batteries and other things thrown at my head - I never responded. But sometimes it's hard to keep your nerves."

:o Unreal..

2 points dropped at home but at least the bin dippers didn't win either.

Chelsea 0-0 Newcastle

Chelsea were left frustrated after being held to a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge by Newcastle.

The Blues were not at their fluent best but still created enough chances to have won the game.

Frank Lampard was denied by a stunning Shay Given save and Ashley Cole and Branislav Ivanovic both went close.

Newcastle defended stoutly, but Joe Cole had a goal disallowed for offside and Chelsea claimed Given had carried a Lampard free-kick over the line.

Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari cut a dejected figure on the touchline as he saw his side fail to win at home for the third time in four games.

In contrast, Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear, who confirmed after the game he will continue in the role until the club is sold, milked the applause of their fans after they held on for a battling point.

The north-east club went into the game without an away win since March and having not tasted success at Stamford Bridge for 22 years.

They rarely looked like coming away with a victory but were rewarded with a crucial point for a sterling defensive display.

Chelsea should have led when Florent Malouda picked out an advancing Lampard, but his point-blank header was spectacularly kept out by a flying one-handed save by Given.

Lampard was fit to start despite missing England's midweek friendly in Germany, with Joe Cole and Ashley Cole also lining up for club after being unavailable for their country.

Newcastle handed a first start in seven weeks to England outcast Michael Owen, but the striker found himself more occupied with helping out their overworked midfield as the Magpies got men behind the ball.

It was a tactic that worked in the opening half as, for all their possession, Chelsea were restricted to half-chances.

Nicolas Anelka scuffed a shot from outside the box and Malouda could not apply the finish to a powerful run at the heart of Newcastle's defence.

Chelsea full-backs Jose Bosingwa and Cole almost combined for the opening goal, with the former picking out the latter at the far post only for his stooping effort to somehow stay out.

Ivanovic saw a thumping header flash just wide of the post from a Lampard free-kick as Chelsea finished the half strongly.

They stepped up the pace after the break with Anelka seeing a deflected shot kept out by Given's chest.

The home side had a goal disallowed goal when Joe Cole was adjudged offside after following up Malouda's shot.

Chelsea were unhappy with the decision and they were further aggrieved when they felt Given had carried a Lampard free-kick over the line, with replays proving inconclusive.

The last half an hour saw Chelsea almost camped in the Newcastle half but they seemed to run out of attacking ideas.

Habib Beye pinched the ball off the head of Anelka in front of goal and substitute Michael Ballack shot into the side-netting as Newcastle clung on defiantly and Chelsea missed a chance to go clear at the top.

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari:

"We played 70% of the game in the opponent's half and we tried 10 times to score a goal. They didn't try to make anything against us.

"Who won today? Newcastle because they came here to draw with us. The players tried but it is not the day for us.

"The man on the pitch is the boss. I didn't like this referee today but he's the referee and if he said it is offside it is offside. Finish."

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear:

"It was a magnificent performance and about the best we've played as a team. Shay Given pulled off some great saves but as a team it was as good as it gets.

"I don't think Chelsea created a clear-cut chance. Our commitment was magnificent. We've drawn at Manchester United and Chelsea. It's not bad is it?

"I'm delighted with the performance and we can go on from this."

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Joe Cole (Ballack 82), Deco, Lampard, Malouda (Kalou 72), Anelka.

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Sinclair, Bridge, Ferreira, Mineiro.

Newcastle: Given, Beye, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez (N'Zogbia 76), Guthrie, Butt, Duff, Martins (Ameobi 61), Owen.

Subs Not Used: Harper, Cacapa, Edgar, LuaLua, Carroll.

Booked: Gutierrez, Guthrie.

Att: 41,660.

Ref: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire).

Edited by Seapok

Anelka feels for Drogba

Nicolas Anelka has expressed his sympathy for Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba over his three-match ban

yeah, they thought he was a Radiohead fan, or maybe they actually targeted the Turkish referee (who're notoriously boneheads) and the battery bounced off his head missing Anelka by a whisker :o

'pokey mate, your computer seems to have a bad case of cut&paste syndrome, time for a MOT :D

Anelka feels for Drogba

Nicolas Anelka has expressed his sympathy for Chelsea team-mate Didier Drogba over his three-match ban

yeah, they thought he was a Radiohead fan, or maybe they actually targeted the Turkish referee (who're notoriously boneheads) and the battery bounced off his head missing Anelka by a whisker :o

'pokey mate, your computer seems to have a bad case of cut&paste syndrome, time for a MOT :D

Don't you start with that Sarge...bkkjames has already been told off for making similar remarks about how about I post on my thread, yes my thread! haha :D

Terry targets new run

John Terry has urged Chelsea to rediscover the form that has made Stamford Bridge a fortress in recent years.

Liverpool ended Chelsea's 86-match unbeaten home run in the Premier League last month and the Blues have since failed to win at home to Championship side Burnley in the Carling Cup.

Chelsea remain top despite dropping further points in the league at home to Tottenham, Manchester United and Newcastle.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's men have racked up a record 10 successive away wins, though, and Terry knows Chelsea can establish a commanding position if they can match that form at home.

"We've learned that successful teams go on big runs," he said.

"We've put together an away Premier League run but it is nowhere near enough.

"This week we must start the next home run to build on our away success.

"At the end of the week we face Arsenal at home and if we win that, we can inflict real damage on their challenge for the title.

"Just because we've lost our home record and gone out of the Carling Cup is no reason to get too concerned about home form.

"I think our best display of the season was when we beat Aston Villa at the Bridge. More of that and we'll set a new home record."

Before hosting Arsenal next Sunday, Chelsea visit Bordeaux in the UEFA Champions League.

While they have a flawless away record domestically, the Blues were beaten 3-1 at Roma on their last European trip, and a win in France would almost certainly guarantee their progression to the knock-out stage.

"We owe ourselves an away win in Europe," said Terry.

"We know we need three points out there to be certain of staying top of the group.

"Roma are a point behind us and could well win in Cluj. With Bordeaux a point behind us as well, and only one game left after Wednesday, victory would mean we qualify. Anything less simply will not be good enough."