Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Blimey,as The Sun have reported it,it MUST be true :o

The Sun was always by far the best for breaking transfer stories when Brian Woolnough was Football editor, now they all get the same info off the internet.

It was never a newspaper I entertained,relying too much on sensationlism as well as the 'tits and bums',of course.

The Sun was always by far the best for breaking transfer stories when Brian Woolnough was Football editor, now they all get the same info off the internet.

a perfect example of the 'throw enough shit at a wall and some of it'll stick' theory of football journalism. woolnough's a potato-headed nasty piece of work, working for that rag notwithstanding.

think littlejohn is a mail writer isn't he seapok? has been for a while now. his spiritual home.

a perfect example of the 'throw enough shit at a wall and some of it'll stick' theory of football journalism. woolnough's a potato-headed nasty piece of work, working for that rag notwithstanding.

think littlejohn is a mail writer isn't he seapok? has been for a while now. his spiritual home.

Yeah thats right, he is at the Mail now. I used to like watching his show, quite controversial times. He didn't take any shit from the peeps on the programme.

The last time we won at the Bridge, was the Season that we done the double over you, but got relegated... :o

I think one of the above is likely to happen this year, but i'm not letting on which one.. :D

The obvious one for me would be getting relegated, Franco can do us a massive favour and take the pikies down to the league were they belong! :D

The last time we won at the Bridge, was the Season that we done the double over you, but got relegated... :D

I think one of the above is likely to happen this year, but i'm not letting on which one.. :D

The obvious one for me would be getting relegated, Franco can do us a massive favour and take the pikies down to the league were they belong! :D

Ark at her....

& it's Gianfranco to you, Franco to us now... :D

& as for Pikey's, <deleted> me we might be in all sorts of trouble but comparing us to the Millwally's is a bit strong.. :o

COYI let's beat that 2 bob, plastic Fan, dodgy money, wrong un Players, West London Rent Boys tomorrow..

& remember Gentlemen, West End Girls love East End Boys so lock up your Wives & Daughters tomorrow, so the Pet Shop Boys say anyway... :wai:

The last time we won at the Bridge, was the Season that we done the double over you, but got relegated... :D

Ark at her....

& it's Gianfranco to you, Franco to us now... :D

& as for Pikey's, <deleted> me we might be in all sorts of trouble but comparing us to the Millwally's is a bit strong.. :o

COYI let's beat that 2 bob, plastic Fan, dodgy money, wrong un Players, West London Rent Boys tomorrow..

& remember Gentlemen, West End Girls love East End Boys so lock up your Wives & Daughters tomorrow, so the Pet Shop Boys say anyway... :wai:

Franco will always be a Blue at heart, the geezer can do no wrong with us. I'm sure he and Clarkey will get a great reception at the Bridge tomorrow before we wipe the floor with the east end wide boys.

Wilkins - JT is ultimate Blue

Ray Wilkins has tipped John Terry to eclipse Gianfranco Zola in Chelsea supporters' hall of fame.

The Italian striker and current West Ham boss was voted by the fans as the club's greatest player during his time at Stamford Bridge.

However assistant coach Wilkins believes Terry's professionalism and hard-working attitude would make him Chelsea fans' all-time favourite player.

"If I was to pick one at the club to surpass Zola in the future, I'd say John Terry because he epitomises what we're about," said Wilkins.

"He's professional and he's a one-club player.

"I would imagine in 10 years' time when they have their next poll, John will probably be the one that will sit at the top of the pile."

On Zola, he added: "He's certainly one of the greatest players that has played at Chelsea, no question."

Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke, a former Blues player and coach, will be returning to their old stamping ground for the first time this season as West Ham take on second-placed Chelsea, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1 from 3.30pm on Sunday.

Wilkins said: "They are coming here to get something from the game.

"I don't think for one minute they will come and play an open, expansive game of football but that's something we'll have to cope with."

I hope that West Ham wins tomorrow, more for Zola's sake than anything else. It's unlikely but sometime the unexpected happens. btw, I haven't heard a lot of Di Michele lately, is he playing any good?

0,,12562~3838336,00.jpg

No where near strong enough for the Premiership in my opinion & i very much doubt if he'll have any influence on the Game tonight, as with any other in his time with us..

Wilkins - JT is ultimate Blue

Ray Wilkins has tipped John Terry to eclipse Gianfranco Zola in Chelsea supporters' hall of fame.

The Italian striker and current West Ham boss was voted by the fans as the club's greatest player during his time at Stamford Bridge.

However assistant coach Wilkins believes Terry's professionalism and hard-working attitude would make him Chelsea fans' all-time favourite player.

"If I was to pick one at the club to surpass Zola in the future, I'd say John Terry because he epitomises what we're about," said Wilkins.

"He's professional and he's a one-club player.

"I would imagine in 10 years' time when they have their next poll, John will probably be the one that will sit at the top of the pile."

On Zola, he added: "He's certainly one of the greatest players that has played at Chelsea, no question."

Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke, a former Blues player and coach, will be returning to their old stamping ground for the first time this season as West Ham take on second-placed Chelsea, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1 from 3.30pm on Sunday.

Wilkins said: "They are coming here to get something from the game.

"I don't think for one minute they will come and play an open, expansive game of football but that's something we'll have to cope with."

Is is my imagination or does the Chelsea Properganda Machine think your lot are a bunch of Divs with the way it releases these kind of Stories, & the Lampard one a few days ago, just before certain Games IE playing us ???

Chelsea v West Ham

Luiz Felipe Scolari will be hoping that a seventh successive Premier League win against West Ham can help Chelsea reclaim top spot this weekend

Chelsea trail leaders Liverpool by just two points and will be looking to secure a straightforward victory against their struggling East End neighbours in order to keep up the pressure at the top.

West Ham are currently enduring a dreadful run of form, having managed just one win in their last 10 games and only three wins in total since Gianfranco Zola took over in September.

Moreover, the Hammers have notched up just three goals in more than 13 hours of football, meaning that a goal in 90 minutes against the Premier League's tightest defence looks an unlikely prospect for the away side.

Chelsea have recovered from their early season injury problems and have only Michael Essien on the long-term absentees list.

Ricardo Carvalho and Juliano Belletti are close to a return but are unlikely to be risked this weekend, while Didier Drogba could make his long-awaited Premier League return following his goalscoring performance in midweek.

If Drogba does come into the side then Salomon Kalou is likely to be the man to make way for the Ivorian, in light of manager Scolari's positive comments about Nicolas Anelka's impact this season.

Gianfranco Zola is also suffering a selection headache up front, but it is his strikers' profligacy in front of goal that is the cause for concern.

Leading goalscorer Carlton Cole has not found the net since October and his main strike partner Craig Bellamy has failed to score at all during the Italian's reign.

As a result, Zola may choose to shuffle his pack by bringing in David Di Michele or taking a gamble on the fitness of Diego Tristan, who made his first appearance of the season against Tottenham last Monday.

Possible starting XIs

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Terry, Alex, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Anelka, Drogba.

West Ham: Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Behrami, Mullins, Parker, Faubert, Cole, Di Michele.

Cech eyes home comforts

Petr Cech has been left 'disappointed' by Chelsea's home form but is targeting an improvement over the festive programme.

The Blues failed to leapfrog leaders Liverpool on Sunday as their 1-1 draw with West Ham United left them ruing 14 points dropped at Stamford Bridge this season.

Chelsea's next home game is against struggling West Bromwich Albion on Boxing Day before they host Southend United in the FA Cup on 3rd January.

Cech admits his team-mates are at a loss as to why they have struggled at home but is determined to put that right in the games to come.

He said: "It is disappointing because we have already had two chances to go top," said Cech. "We are not able to win at home at the moment.

"We will try to work it out and now the important Christmas period is coming. We know we have two home games and I hope we are going to get it right.

"It's hard to explain because you can see the effort and the way we trying to break the opponents down. The early goal is key. We have been doing that away from home and that has made the games slightly easier."

Cech eyes home comforts

Petr Cech has been left 'disappointed' by Chelsea's home form but is targeting an improvement over the festive programme.

The Blues failed to leapfrog leaders Liverpool on Sunday as their 1-1 draw with West Ham United left them ruing 14 points dropped at Stamford Bridge this season.

Chelsea's next home game is against struggling West Bromwich Albion on Boxing Day before they host Southend United in the FA Cup on 3rd January.

Cech admits his team-mates are at a loss as to why they have struggled at home but is determined to put that right in the games to come.

He said: "It is disappointing because we have already had two chances to go top," said Cech. "We are not able to win at home at the moment.

"We will try to work it out and now the important Christmas period is coming. We know we have two home games and I hope we are going to get it right.

"It's hard to explain because you can see the effort and the way we trying to break the opponents down. The early goal is key. We have been doing that away from home and that has made the games slightly easier."

Basically,it's our final ball into the six yard box.In a packed penalty area,it has got to be crisp and direct.Ashley Cole and Bosingwa have to take a lot of the critism because their crosses have been below par all season so we've had to do most of the foraging down the middle.The other problem is that we have a very skilful midfield that lacks a turn of foot.Neither Deco,Lampard,Ballack and Obi Mikel have the pace,such as Anelka has,to cut through a congested penalty box.Lamps is great at arriving late but needs to build up a head of steam.It was partically apparent against West Ham, the lack of immagination Bosingwa showed, at getting to the byeline.Someone needs to tell him to attack the opposing full back at pace.

I also believe we waste so many chances, the poor form recently at home is making us a little more anxious to score so we are taking long range efforts when playing it through or along the ground would be a lot more beneficial. Long range efforts from the likes of Mikel and Bosingwa only frustrate the forward players especially after making good runs into the box....Maan, roll back time 10 years and I would show them how its done! :o

Basically,it's our final ball into the six yard box.In a packed penalty area,it has got to be crisp and direct.Ashley Cole and Bosingwa have to take a lot of the critism because their crosses have been below par all season so we've had to do most of the foraging down the middle.The other problem is that we have a very skilful midfield that lacks a turn of foot.Neither Deco,Lampard,Ballack and Obi Mikel have the pace,such as Anelka has,to cut through a congested penalty box.Lamps is great at arriving late but needs to build up a head of steam.It was partically apparent against West Ham, the lack of immagination Bosingwa showed, at getting to the byeline.Someone needs to tell him to attack the opposing full back at pace.

i'd say it's more simple than that oldgit. you need to play drogba up front on his own at home, and anelka up front on his own away.

i'd say it's more simple than that oldgit. you need to play drogba up front on his own at home, and anelka up front on his own away.

The goal against Cluj certainly looked looked like the Drogba of old but I'm still to be convinced,Stevie.My concern,from the start of the season has been our lack of explosive pace in midfield.

I also believe we waste so many chances, the poor form recently at home is making us a little more anxious to score so we are taking long range efforts when playing it through or along the ground would be a lot more beneficial. Long range efforts from the likes of Mikel and Bosingwa only frustrate the forward players especially after making good runs into the box....Maan, roll back time 10 years and I would show them how its done! :D

With me supplying the telling pass..........make that 25 years. :o

The goal against Cluj certainly looked looked like the Drogba of old but I'm still to be convinced,Stevie.My concern,from the start of the season has been our lack of explosive pace in midfield.

you've not had pace in midfield since pre-ranieri though man. at home, pressure, drogba as a target man, lampard and a.n. other i.e. ballack / deco playing off him, two wide mids, probably joe cole and malouda also tucking in looking for scraps and overlapping fullbacks is what made chelsea a steamroller. playing deco and anelka at stamford bridge is a bit powder puff and allows teams to defend deep against you and get away with it.

you've not had pace in midfield since pre-ranieri though man. at home, pressure, drogba as a target man, lampard and a.n. other i.e. ballack / deco playing off him, two wide mids, probably joe cole and malouda also tucking in looking for scraps and overlapping fullbacks is what made chelsea a steamroller. playing deco and anelka at stamford bridge is a bit powder puff and allows teams to defend deep against you and get away with it.

In 2001 -2003,Ranieri introduced pace in midfield with Gronkjaer,Lampard and Duff while Mourinho added Joe Cole,Kalou,Wright -Phillips and Essien.Malouda came with a fanfare of trumpets regarding his pace but he has been a bit leaden legged.All was well then but now,Joe Cole and Lampard don't possess that foot anymore,Essien is injured and Kalou has been inconsistent.With the type of attacking football that Scolari demands,I dont believe that the current midfield is dynamic enough to support the attack,whoever it is.

Dates set for Juve games bring on the tinker man! :o

The home leg of the Champions League tie against Juventus will be on Wednesday 25 February. The away leg in Turin will be on Tuesday 10 March.

Chelsea were handed a tie against the famous Italian club in Friday morning's draw for the first knockout stage.

The draw brings Claudio Ranieri back to Stamford Bridge, the former Chelsea manager now in charge of the side sitting second in Serie A.

Also in the Juventus squad is Tiago, a Chelsea league championship winner in 2004/05. There are some famous names who remained in Turin despite Juve's penalty relegation in 2006, including Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon, Pavel Nedved and David Trezeguet.

Juventus are this season playing at one of their old homes, Turin's Stadio Olimpico (formally known as the Stadio Comunale) while the Stadio delle Alpi is reconstructed. The capacity of the Stadio Olimpico is 27,550.

It will be the first meeting between the clubs.

The full draw is:

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter v Man United

you're in for a rough ride on this one, it'll be hard fought games but Juve to edge in the end.

I don't think so mate, I know our home performance hasn't been great this season but playing away has been excellent, in the EPL anyway. I know we got a pasting from your boys but that was a very bad at the office. If we do get knocked out in this early stage I'm sure there will be cries once again for our savior (Mourinho) to return. He said in a press conference this week Chelsea are the team he loves and will remain in his heart...come back and save us Jose! :o

Edited by Seapok

you're in for a rough ride on this one, it'll be hard fought games but Juve to edge in the end.

I don't think so mate, I know our home performance hasn't been great this season but playing away has been excellent, in the EPL anyway. I know we got a pasting from your boys but that was a very bad at the office. If we do get knocked out in this early stage I'm sure there will be cries once again for our savior (Mourinho) to return. He said in a press conference this week Chelsea are the team he loves and will remain in his heart...come back and save us Jose! :o

I don't know what it is with these Italian coaches but they do love an old 'un in their teams.Look at the dinosaurs in the Juventus team.Del Piero,Buffon,Zanetti,Nedved,Trezeguet and Camoranesi.I hope we don't play in a cagey fashion because the slower the game,the better for them.We should play a high tempo style of game and run them ragged.

bloody hel_l oldgit, buffon's only 30!

nedved's been out injured lately so they've been playing a young lad called de ceglie in place of him who is very highly-rated. giovinco's a smashing little player as well. and amauri's banging goals in for them this season. i can see them giving you problems.

Tough times indeed Sarge, an Arsenal win tomorrow, a win or draw for us on Monday and we will be top of the table going into the crazy crimbo fixtures, we play West Brom at home and Fulham away. So good times are coming back to the Bridge.

I watch Chelsea TV regularly, and going by all the banter from the players and coaching staff I can't see any bit of unrest. Its all media speculation so make of it what you will. Just because you send links from the Times doesn't make it any closer to the truth if it came from the Sun.

If any players are unhappy they will be shown the door in January, if a player isn't happy then thanks for the service and see you later. I can't think of any former Chelsea players that have gone on to bigger and better things in the last few years....please fill me in if you can.

not sure about players but the gaffer for sure :D

Nah Abramovich just needed to show Jose who was in charge so he packed him off on his holidays with a little bit of spending money, said go and take it easy in Italy for a couple of years and we will see you again back at the bridge...oh and by the way how was that £2m Ferrari I got you as a sweetener? :o