Powerful Storm Sends Cars Skidding and Inundates Roads in Bangkok

webfact

Powerful Storm Sends Cars Skidding and Inundates Roads
Khaosod English

14633797471463379838l.jpg
Low visibility due to rain Monday afternoon in Bangkok's Chatuchak district.

BANGKOK — Lightning arced over the capital city to herald the arrival of monsoon season with a furious thunderstorm Monday afternoon.

As predicted by two oxes last week and summoned Sunday by a storm of rockets fired over Yasothon city, much-needed rain fell for a second day on Monday. Less conveniently, it was also back-to-school day for students.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1463379747

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-16

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The storm was ' summoned ' by rockets !

Good God don't tell me the junta has decided that even the weather needs AA.

Nothing to do with the 'junta', just Thai tradition. Not really different from the yearly burning of Guy Fawkes

Woke up 2AM as it started to rain in the Dusit area here in Bangkok. Not really much though. At least till 10AM (travelling to work) no rain to be seen. Really fascinating the 'localness' of these thunderstorms.

does anyone have an email contact for the two buffalos responsible? I would like to thank them. My house has been like a Kiln for the past few weeks. I was thinking of opening a pottery studio. Even the deep interior walls were extremely hot to touch. Welcome relief from a record breaking hot season.

Bucketing down, I was busy running around clearing gutters, drains and downpipes, checking for leaks, scrubbing down the back deck. Most physical thing I have done for weeks.

Buffalos and rockets? Gotta be happy with that. Beats listening to the incessant beat of the 'Climate Change' drum.

Amazing Thailand! Jing Jing!

Well, oxes/animals are pretty good at predicting weather (sensitive to air pressure).

Plus, the old lady down the road said she felt it in her knees. So I knew it was coming.

She felt it coming? May have been talking about another matter. To clarify, did you happen to ask her whether it was the left knee, right knee of the fan knee?

and just to clarify, that two oxen (not oxes!). smile.png

Oh I think that mistake is the least of the errors that particular sentence contained.

and they got the sequence down correctly: first predict and then summon, and that's the way it should be thumbsup.gif

Edited by klauskunkel

whistling.gif Woke me up about 2 a.m. early Monday with thunder and lightning.

No rain however

Had some rain here (Asoke-Dindaeng area) this morning about 11:00 a.m., Heavy shower but only lasted about half an hour.

Still some thunder heard around but little rain so far.

Maybe tonight

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Nothing to do with the 'junta', just Thai tradition. Not really different from the yearly burning of Guy Fawkes

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?

"As predicted by two oxes.."

TIT 21st century..

Oh give it a rest. In 21st century America ...

Every February 2, thousands gather at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to await the spring forecast from a special groundhog. Known as Punxsutawney Phil, this groundhog will emerge from his simulated tree trunk home and look for his shadow, which will help him make his much-anticipated forecast. According to legend, if Phil sees his shadow the United States is in store for six more weeks of winter weather. But, if Phil doesn’t see his shadow, the country should expect warmer temperatures and the arrival of an early spring.

And when the tsunami hit in 2004, the animals all knew about it and headed for higher ground long before people woke up to the reality.

Before the giant waves slammed into Asian coastlines, animals seemed to know what was about to happen. Dogs refused to leave home, elephants screamed and ran for the high ground, bats fled and flamingos abandoned low-lying areas.
Edited by Suradit69

The apologists for the junta, ever vigilant - never sleep.

Hard to believe you felt obliged to post that but there again ... !

does anyone have an email contact for the two buffalos responsible? I would like to thank them. My house has been like a Kiln for the past few weeks. I was thinking of opening a pottery studio. Even the deep interior walls were extremely hot to touch. Welcome relief from a record breaking hot season.

Bucketing down, I was busy running around clearing gutters, drains and downpipes, checking for leaks, scrubbing down the back deck. Most physical thing I have done for weeks.

Buffalos and rockets? Gotta be happy with that. Beats listening to the incessant beat of the 'Climate Change' drum.

Amazing Thailand! Jing Jing!

".......does anyone have an email contact for the two buffaloes responsible? "

The buffaloes to which you refer are actually (and I stand to be corrected) White Lamphun Cattle and not Asian water buffaloes (Carabao (tagalog).

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=thai+cattle+breeds&rlz=1C1GNAM_enTH684TH684&espv=2&biw=1360&bih=599&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKxM-9o97MAhUcSY8KHVzMDgoQsAQILw#imgrc=vLZY6wZ3LoXNrM%3A

They are pampered from birth to death.

I imagine a few discreet inquiries in the Chitralada area of Dusit may help with your curiosity.

Next year clean the gutters and downpipes before the rainy season starts.wink.png