EU slammed for ‘lack of vision’ in migrant crisis response

webfact

606x341_332819.jpg

"I think that there is a lack of vision at EU level. We need a much more structured, long term strategy"

NEW YORK: -- The EU is facing further criticism over its handling of the migrant crisis.

The UN high commissioner for refugees, Filippo Grandi, is reported to have said that just turning people away won’t work.

He has called for more countries to help ease the pressure.

The response has also been slammed by a UN human rights envoy, who has been visiting camps and other facilities in Greece. :

“I think that there is a lack of vision at EU level. We need a much more structured, long term strategy, a generational strategy of where we would like to be in 10 years and 20 years about migration, about visa facilitation, about visa liberalisation, about mobility across borders,” François Crépeau, UN special rapporteur on the human rights of migrants, told the media.

Crépeau also highlighted concerns about the detention of children.

The EU’s been focusing on Turkey to help ease the crisis. But Ankara said on Friday that talks on a deal to provide visa-free travel in return for stopping migrants reaching the EU had hit the buffers.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-17

How can they accuse the EU leaders of having a lack of vision? IMO they have far too much vision, and a very defined path to achieve that vision. I am of course referring to the white genocide that is presently occurring. Evil beyond description, and the total ban on discussing what is obviously happening is just sick. When the worm turns from PC back to logic I want these leaders hung(slowly)

How can they accuse the EU leaders of having a lack of vision? IMO they have far too much vision, and a very defined path to achieve that vision. I am of course referring to the white genocide that is presently occurring. Evil beyond description, and the total ban on discussing what is obviously happening is just sick. When the worm turns from PC back to logic I want these leaders hung(slowly)

Yes, Europe has a lack of vision. They don't see what is going to happen if they continue their way of action.

It is not so much about poverty.

EU has to understand that Islam is not and cannot be part of Europe.

If they allow that it would be what you called "white genocide" and armageddon of European free culture

Yes, help people in need - but first de-islamize them before you let them close to you.

Edited by sweatalot

Lack of vision ? More like tunnel vision at best, totally blind at worse.

At least one good thing might come out of it.

But Ankara said on Friday that talks on a deal to provide visa-free travel in return for stopping migrants reaching the EU had hit the buffers.

Never really could get excited or understand the logic behind a deal that would potentially remove a couple of million migrants but open the door to potentially 75 million other migrants.

Takes a really special person to come up with that logic.

Edited by SgtRock

The EU has done enough already, what of the rest of the world with these 'immigrants'.

Exactly. What about the Muslim World, the Japanese, Koreans, Russians, Chinese, Australians etc

Too many people want to push the illegal migrant problem onto someone else.

How about all countries enforcing the laws and arresting illegal migrants and deporting them? And then taking actions to stop traffickers in their own countries?

The EU has done enough already, what of the rest of the world with these 'immigrants'.

My thought is the answer to that goes back to what/who created the cause of mass fleeing immigrants?

International racial and religious discrimination is being incited and capitilized on for a reason!

My thought is the answer to that goes back to what/who created the cause of mass fleeing immigrants?

International racial and religious discrimination is being incited and capitilized on for a reason!

IMO the African migrants are a result of greedy people with no empathy who are in govenment in several countries, who will stop at nothing to remain at the trough, they are opposed by more greedy people with no empathy who will stop at nothing to get their turn at the trough, resulting in the population who have little, who see no future for themselves fleeing to the west to obtain a better life.

Then we have Afghanistan refugees from conflict there that was caused by Bin Laden and the Taliban, Then Iraq is the result of British and American aggression, the other conflicts in Arab countries are the result of the Arab spring which destabalised several countries giving ISIS room to move in.

If you look at these countries you can see the people running them have no empathy for their fellow people it's all me me me.

Keep up making maximum demands and arguing from the highest moral ground possible. Don't bother visiting planet Earth even for a short holiday from whatever orbit you are flying in.

New conservative parties are on the rise all over Europe promising to stem the tide, because the existing ones seem unwilling or unable. The less verbose but very much disgruntled normal -i.e. not the deluded, singing welcome clappers- people in those countries, seeing their livelihood and physical safety threatened, will even accept nationalist and far-right tendencies within those parties, at least within reason, because the issue will become of such ulterior importance to them that they will be willing to accept more or less any ally.

Then, watch the EU implode, which would be catastrophic, and that Geneva Convention from 1951 - which in itself actually says nothing about war refugees and that no single state in the world would sign, if it were put on the table again (maybe Sweden, they are *that* stupid) - being torn to shreds. Along with the ECHR, which seems in dire need of a make-over and put on a new basis of consent.

Can then keep up the yapping with the Arab states, the Caucasus, and Russia to see if they have more "vision".

If there then is still a job with the UNHCR for those clowns, when Western countries with deep regret tell them, all those funds that used to go to them are now being used inside those countries to contain the situation.

Just remembered the late Helmut Schmidt, German Chancellor in the 70ies before Kohl. Died this year, absolutely revered in Germany as a great elder statesman.

He said, decades ago: "If you start having visions, go see a doctor."

IMO the African migrants are a result of greedy people with no empathy who are in govenment in several countries, who will stop at nothing to remain at the trough, they are opposed by more greedy people with no empathy who will stop at nothing to get their turn at the trough, resulting in the population who have little, who see no future for themselves fleeing to the west to obtain a better life.

Then we have Afghanistan refugees from conflict there that was caused by Bin Laden and the Taliban, Then Iraq is the result of British and American aggression, the other conflicts in Arab countries are the result of the Arab spring which destabalised several countries giving ISIS room to move in.

If you look at these countries you can see the people running them have no empathy for their fellow people it's all me me me.

Look again. Bin Laden and Saddam fed at what trough until deemed redundant? Gaddaffi enjoyed similar . Scorpian handshakes on MSG deals!

Flavour enhancment eventually is refused in place of real nutrition! Within a decade the flavour of reality will be on most palates. Be obese on that. And may the excess of fat cushion the fall of those who made it be this way !cheesy.gif

Yes, Europe has a lack of vision. They don't see what is going to happen if they continue their way of action.

It is not so much about poverty.

EU has to understand that Islam is not and cannot be part of Europe.

If they allow that it would be what you called "white genocide" and armageddon of European free culture

Yes, help people in need - but first de-islamize them before you let them close to you.

An impossible task

That lack of vision and resulting masterplan of cutting a deal with Turkey has just hit the skids.

The EU-Turkey migration deal has been thrown further into chaos after an independent authority examining appeals claims in Greece ruled against sending a Syrian refugee back to Turkey, potentially creating a precedent for thousands of other similar cases.

In a landmark case, the appeals committee upheld the appeal of an asylum seeker who had been one of the first Syrians listed for deportation under the terms of the EU-Turkey deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/20/syrian-refugee-wins-appeal-against-forced-return-to-turkey

Anyone know if Merkel has ponied up the euro 6. 3 Billion yet ?

Great result for Turkey. 400 returned migrants and euros 6.3 Billion.

That lack of vision and resulting masterplan of cutting a deal with Turkey has just hit the skids.

The EU-Turkey migration deal has been thrown further into chaos after an independent authority examining appeals claims in Greece ruled against sending a Syrian refugee back to Turkey, potentially creating a precedent for thousands of other similar cases.

In a landmark case, the appeals committee upheld the appeal of an asylum seeker who had been one of the first Syrians listed for deportation under the terms of the EU-Turkey deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/20/syrian-refugee-wins-appeal-against-forced-return-to-turkey

Anyone know if Merkel has ponied up the euro 6. 3 Billion yet ?

Great result for Turkey. 400 returned migrants and euros 6.3 Billion.

Former boss of MI6 says that deal with Turkey is like storing petrol next to a fire.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk