Water pipes of DOOM

Trujillo

Ever wondered why when the water department turns off your water, and it comes back on, there's that distinctive brown color?

The tessaban is digging up the rain gutters to replace them and along that line is the mooban water pipes. They are according to residents here about 35 years old.

I said that since they have them all exposed with the gutter reworks, they might as well replace these, but I was looked upon as delusional.

As a friend said when I showed him a section they cut out, "There's gotta be more than just rust going on in there."

Of course, the fact is that the pipes everywhere probably all look like this, but still, it makes you wonder.

What do you think?

post-165256-0-11691100-1463458677_thumb.

post-165256-0-50176000-1463458712_thumb.

Just give them the money to buy new pipes and they will do it for you. That 8.5 small diameter pipe is not expensive and think what it will do for increased flow rate and reduced pumping costs. Also should get a new filter so the water in the pipes does not carry so much minerals.

....you are what you drink....

Seems so counterintuitive that you will have a number of sois with all the steel water pipes exposed and it would be extremely easy to replace them with PVC or whatever is used now. But no. When the pipes finally totally fail, they will have to re-dig up everything, including the rain gutters they are replacing now.

It's just utter stupidity.

....you are what you drink....

Seems so counterintuitive that you will have a number of sois with all the steel water pipes exposed and it would be extremely easy to replace them with PVC or whatever is used now. But no. When the pipes finally totally fail, they will have to re-dig up everything, including the rain gutters they are replacing now.

It's just utter stupidity.

..oh well..gives the boys and girls on meagre laboring wages a job..moo baans don't have much money in the form of allocation from the amphur to spend.

moo baans don't have much money in the form of allocation from the amphur to spend.

The expense for my small mooban (3+ sois) for the drainage project is 2.21 million baht and will take 120 days, according to the big sign they put up.