Meet "Jeef" the coolest boy who rides a horse to school

webfact

Meet "Jeef" the coolest boy who rides a horse to school
By Coconuts Bangkok

fluke.jpg
Photo: Wonder Green/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Before driving the internet wild with the awesome photo of him riding a horse to school, Jeef was a boy who sold flower garlands on the streets of Lopburi province.

Kittikorn “Jeef” Wimol, 14, said he dreamed of riding horses when he saw them for the first time at Lopburi Zoo. Now he gets to ride his favorite horse, “Fluke,” to school every day since the zoo’s owner hired his family to work at the business.

“I used to sell flower garlands, but now I help take care of horses at the zoo. They let me ride [Fluke] for free,” Jeef told Channel 7 news.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/05/18/meet-jeef-coolest-boy-who-rides-horse-school

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-05-18

Indeed, that's refreshing news (refreshing must be something badly needed these days)

Riding a pony bareback in the trot like the picture suggests isn't a piece of cake, so he must be an experienced rider.

that beast needs a farrier, but where wold one find a farrier in TH?

Looking closely at the photo on the left, it would appear that not only is this pony shod (i.e. is wearing metal horse shoes), its hooves are in pretty good shape.

The 1 room school that I attended, ( 8) grades had a horse shed as there were 6 or 7 who normally rode a horse to school. Hay was provided by parents on a regular timing and we gave a little hay and watered at our lunch time. A couple ponies, the rest were quarter horses and not a single one shod. We kept the hooves trimed and in shape and brushed the animals every day of use. It was quickly established who had the fastest, whose responded to call etc. Everyone used saddle as you used your horse , working cattle and roping.

Hope the boy gets what he wants if animal / horse care is what he wants and enjoys.

The 1 room school that I attended, ( 8) grades had a horse shed as there were 6 or 7 who normally rode a horse to school. Hay was provided by parents on a regular timing and we gave a little hay and watered at our lunch time. A couple ponies, the rest were quarter horses and not a single one shod. We kept the hooves trimed and in shape and brushed the animals every day of use. It was quickly established who had the fastest, whose responded to call etc. Everyone used saddle as you used your horse , working cattle and roping.

Hope the boy gets what he wants if animal / horse care is what he wants and enjoys.

Whereabouts did you grow up?

Whereabouts did you grow up?

The High Chaparral

I rode to school on my Raleigh Chopper when I was a kid,, now that was cool.

If I had rode to school on that pony I would have had the sh*t kicked out of me at break time.

Looking closely at the photo on the left, it would appear that not only is this pony shod (i.e. is wearing metal horse shoes), its hooves are in pretty good shape.

nope

I can't see any shoes, and the hooves look way too long, and need to be cut back. Thailand is really not an equestrian country at all, though I once saw some beautiful horses ridden by mounted police in Bangkok, back in about '87.