Bangkok Police are racing with time as gunman sent disturbing "Line" message to relatives

webfact

Bangkok police are racing with time as gunman sent “Line” message to relatives saying he would part them forever

50_line-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police are racing with time in their efforts to locate the whereabout of Dr Wanchai Danaitamonut, 60, the suspected gunman who shot dead two of his colleagues yesterday, after he sent messages to close friends and relatives on "Line" saying he would part them forever.

Acting metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahathavorn said police investigators have discovered that Dr Wanchai had sent “Line” messages to relatives informing them he would part them forever.

This indicated that he might kill himself, he said.

But it has yet to determine if it was his message or not, he said.

The messages were sent prior to the shooting yesterday, he said, prompting him to order the police to find him as soon as possible before he would take his life to escape his guilt.

The police commissioner also said personal conflict between Dr Wanchai and Dr Pichai Chaisongkram, 50 was very likely in the shooting, while Dr Natthapol Chumworathayee, also 50, just came in between to mediate.

Initial investigation revealed both were engaged in a row over the exposure of the questionable PhD qualification of Dr Wanchai by Dr Pichai who raised his qualification to the attention of the university.

According to the commissioner, Phranakhon Rajabhat University is going to open a new learning course for master degree students and was designating Dr Wanchai to be head of the learning course.

However Dr Pichai argued his qualification, forcing the university to remove Dr Wanchai from the job.

This triggered frequent argument between the two doctors, he said.

He said for Dr Natthapol, he might be shot accidentally.

Concern and fear among close friends and relatives that he might take his life prompted the police investigators to launch massive hunt for him before he would do it, he added.

Yesterday the Criminal Court approved an arrest warrant for Dr Wanchai, a PhD lecturer who allegedly gunned down two other doctorate-degree lecturers in an examination room in front of two graduate students at a Rajabhat University in Bangkok.

The shooting occurred about 10 am in an examination room on the fifth floor of the Bhuddawitchalaya, a learning and cultural centre at Phranakhon Rajabhat University.

According to police, Dr Pichai and Dr Natthapol were shot dead. Both were lecturers at the university.

Dr Wanchai Danaitamonut, the suspected gunman who is also a PhD lecturer at the university’s faculty of education, fled the scene after the shooting.

The two murdered lecturers were in the examination room along with a graduate student and the student’s friend, when the gunman suddenly burst in and shot the two lecturers.

Police found nine 9 mm bullet casings at the scene.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163921

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-19

"The messages were sent prior to the shooting yesterday, he said, prompting him to order the police to find him as soon as possible before he would take his life to escape his guilt."

So the shooting was premeditated then.

Edited by Bluespunk

Not surprising at all, what kind of a life can he expect in a Thai jail for the rest of his life?

might as well check out for good, pity that people in this country, very often, let the gun

settle differences that otherwise could have been settled in court or with mediations.....

So, "Dr" Wanchai has a "questionable" PhD, Dr Pichai brought this to the attention of the University and they did nothing (I assume) except it cost "Dr" Wanchai the new position within the University, and Dr Natthapol got caught in the middle of it all. Is that right? Why wasn't Dr Wanchai sacked on the spot for fraud?

So, "Dr" Wanchai has a "questionable" PhD, Dr Pichai brought this to the attention of the University and they did nothing (I assume) except it cost "Dr" Wanchai the new position within the University, and Dr Natthapol got caught in the middle of it all. Is that right? Why wasn't Dr Wanchai sacked on the spot for fraud?

Because

"According to the commissioner, Phranakhon Rajabhat University is going to open a new learning course for master degree students and was designating Dr Wanchai to be head of the learning course.

However Dr Pichai argued his qualification, forcing the university to remove Dr Wanchai from the job."

I will paraphrase that in one word. : "Money."

Because

"According to the commissioner, Phranakhon Rajabhat University is going to open a new learning course for master degree students and was designating Dr Wanchai to be head of the learning course.

However Dr Pichai argued his qualification, forcing the university to remove Dr Wanchai from the job."

... and "face" ...

"after he sent messages to close friends and relatives on "Line" saying he would part them forever."

I read that as he wants to kill them, not himself,so the Police better get their fingers out,or there

could be a blood bath.

regards Worgeordie

Because

... and "face" ...

Money Number 1 thumbsup.gif

Not surprising at all, what kind of a life can he expect in a Thai jail for the rest of his life?

might as well check out for good, pity that people in this country, very often, let the gun

settle differences that otherwise could have been settled in court or with mediations.....

life in a Thai jail isnt as bad here as people think, in fact for a successful drug dealer they can have a better time in jail then out, Thais are used to sleeping on the floor and eating rice, but if you have a little money you get a mattress and if you are an <deleted> you get to dominate the whole cell, its really no different from living in a slum somewhere which is where most prisoners have come from

"after he sent messages to close friends and relatives on "Line" saying he would part them forever."

I read that as he wants to kill them, not himself,so the Police better get their fingers out,or there

could be a blood bath.

I'm betting he wants everyone to believe he'll kill himself so nobody goes looking for him on a beach in, for example, Myanmar.

I'd be more worried about finding some corpse that looks a little like him, and it's cremated quite quickly... Wouldn't be the first one.

Because

... and "face" ...

Money Number 1 thumbsup.gif

I'd have to disagree slightly and say "not always" ... "face" seems often to be the primary factor in most cases of anger/rage/abuse/beatings/murder here from what I've seen. And even more so in recent years.

Keystone cops racing against time.

Very well thought out comment. What is "keystone" about the police action so far in this case?

Do you ever have anything informative to say or do you just enjoy being a _________ ? Edited by Rayk

life in a Thai jail isnt as bad here as people think, in fact for a successful drug dealer they can have a better time in jail then out, Thais are used to sleeping on the floor and eating rice, but if you have a little money you get a mattress and if you are an <deleted> you get to dominate the whole cell, its really no different from living in a slum somewhere which is where most prisoners have come from

Been there have you and savioured the delights of a Thai prison, would love to hear more of your experiences.

Why wasn't Dr Wanchai sacked on the spot for fraud?

They don't sack people after they mastered their entry exam.

Why wasn't Dr Wanchai sacked on the spot for fraud?

They don't sack people after they mastered their entry exam.

Could also be a loss of face for the University as they accepted his degree as genuine. Maybe it was genuine we don't really know do we.

Edited by gandalf12

Amazing cooperation as press strains to get a shot of the action. Video being taken of the video screen playback. There is sporadic clapping as it seems progress being made. This will end with one of two sounds, clapping and cheers or a gunshot.796da3363898949727d803a48e87a5b6.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Very well thought out comment. What is "keystone" about the police action so far in this case?

Very well thought out comment. Do you have anything to contribute or are you again just annoying other members with your unqualified remarks?

Do you ever have anything informative to say or do you just enjoy being a _________ ?

Not a legitimate question? Why does one's questioning another cause another to think they enjoy being a whatever?

Very well thought out comment. Do you have anything to contribute or are you again just annoying other members with your unqualified remarks?

And this is your well thought out contribution? Remarkable.