2016/17 Transfer News/Rumours

BangrakBob

"Southampton striker Sadio Mane will have a medical at Liverpool on Monday after the clubs agreed a transfer fee of £34m, BBC Radio Solent understands.The fee could rise to £36m, making the deal one of Liverpool's most expensive, rivalling £32.5m for Christian Benteke and £35m for Andy Carroll.Manager Jurgen Klopp wants to boost his attacking options and made Mane a prime transfer target this summer.It had been thought the Saints wanted closer to £40m for the Senegalese.The deal is expected to be confirmed on Tuesday."

Time will tell but he's not a £30m player in my opinion, and there's not even the uplift in fee for being british.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he's really really good. scores plenty of goals and gets assists too. and is young enough to get better.

"and" your opinion about what constitutes a £30m footballer is out of date. because the entire landscape has changed with the new TV deal.

you're still not factoring in the new tv money and its impact on average transfer prices.

average lol

What will be the impact on Bentekes transfer fee be then what with the new tv deeels!

Benteke Carroll who was that other southampton player you bought who was <deleted>?

Are you Saints in disguise lol carry on kidding yourself

Incidentally I didn't give any opinion about what constitutes a £30m footballer, I just stated I didn't think HE was worth £30m.

Sterling + 20M ;)
Isn't the Mane fee 34M rising to 38M, while the Sterling Fee was 44M rising to 49M equals Sterling + 10M. Both inconsistent, both not worth those fees!

Incidentally I didn't give any opinion about what constitutes a £30m footballer, I just stated I didn't think HE was worth £30m.

Sterling + 20M wink.png
Isn't the Mane fee 34M rising to 38M, while the Sterling Fee was 44M rising to 49M equals Sterling + 10M. Both inconsistent, both not worth those fees!

No Jamie Carragher says it's only 30M so I believe him smile.png Either way it's all stupid money these days.

Palace bid 25m for Benteke, and apparently LFC reject

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36689057

They're holding out for $20m.
Historically after the season he had you'd think so, but this is going to be money mental window.

Watford have apparently rejected a Chinese club offer of 38M for Ighalo :o

I suggest Liverpool and City get together and work a package deal with the Chinese for Benteke and Bony. $50 mil seems reasonable.

Has Benteke played a minute for Belgium in the Euros ?

Palace bid 25m for Benteke, and apparently LFC reject

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36689057

They're holding out for $20m.
Historically after the season he had you'd think so, but this is going to be money mental window.

Watford have apparently rejected a Chinese club offer of 38M for Ighalo :o

I suggest Liverpool and City get together and work a package deal with the Chinese for Benteke and Bony. $50 mil seems reasonable.

Has Benteke played a minute for Belgium in the Euros ?

I really thought they'd have grout him on last night, I don't think he has played at all, and I don't think Origi came on last night. I watched the match but I was drinking cider so it is a little fuzzy.

^ I thin k the Chinese would pay 50M for Benteke on his own, but Bony is in the Balotelli bracket, they are wise to that Shit-e

Btw Balotelli today said he is going to win European footballer of the year one day :D

^ I thin k the Chinese would pay 50M for Benteke on his own, but Bony is in the Balotelli bracket, they are wise to that Shit-e

Btw Balotelli today said he is going to win European footballer of the year one day :D

Mario sniffing glue again.

good deal if there is a sell on clause....Apparently wasn't the best trainer last season hence the peripheral role.sad.png

ps: WW will be due a percentage as well I would imagine.

I had high hopes for Ibe, but hasn't kicked on or developed last season and he might yet, but he is not going to see game time next season, good bit of business if he agrees