Washington could take part in EgyptAir investigation

webfact

Washington could take part in EgyptAir investigation

606x341_333198.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Washington has yet to indicate whether it will take part in the investigation into the apparent crash of EgyptAir Flight MS804 which went missing over the Mediterranean south of Greece earlier on Thursday.

Under global rules, the US could do so as the country where the engines were produced can expect to participate. The United States is where the EgyptAir passenger jet’s engine maker Pratt & Whitney is based.

The US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) said it would assist Egypt “as necessary” in its investigation into the plane’s disappearance.

The White House said it was too soon to determine what caused the aircraft to go down.

“US national security and aviation experts have been in touch with their counterparts in France and Egypt to offer assistance. Many of you all have probably also seen the announcement from the Department of Defense that the United States Navy is working to deploy a P-3 Orion aircraft to provide support for the search of the missing jetliner,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest told a news briefing, offering condolences to the families of the victims.

A US official quoted by Reuters said US agencies feared Egypt might try to keep American investigators at arms length due to historical tensions dating back to the crash of EgyptAir Flight 990 off the US coast in 1999.

News of the latest crash came through as NATO foreign ministers were meeting in Brussels to discuss security challenges.

“I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with the family and friends of all those on board of the EgyptAir plane that is missing this afternoon. We know that there is a British passport holder on board, got onto the plane in Paris and we are providing support to the family. Obviously we are anxiously awaiting further news of what may have happened to this aircraft,” said the UK’s Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond.

NATO’s Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg also offered his condolences, saying the alliance was on standby and ready if requested to assist in the search for the EgyptAir plane.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-20

Keep your nose at home, this investigation can be done well enough by Egypt and France. Help if and only if you are asked by Egypt.

Egypt does not have a good track record on accepting facts of aircraft crashes so may well make up what suits them. Example, they refused to accept the results of one crash being suicide and another they refused to believe to be a terrorist bomb despite the evidence. The US has some of the best aircraft crash investigators in the world but you feel the families don't deserve the best.

Keep your nose at home, this investigation can be done well enough by Egypt and France. Help if and only if you are asked by Egypt.

Egypt does not have a good track record on accepting facts of aircraft crashes so may well make up what suits them. Example, they refused to accept the results of one crash being suicide and another they refused to believe to be a terrorist bomb despite the evidence. The US has some of the best aircraft crash investigators in the world but you feel the families don't deserve the best.

I believe the families deserve the full support of their own countries. IF those countries would like to become better at what they do, then by all means, they should be afforded every right to come and pay to learn from the best. Very tired of the US being looked at as a world charity.

I am sure the French can cope

I believe the families deserve the full support of their own countries. IF those countries would like to become better at what they do, then by all means, they should be afforded every right to come and pay to learn from the best. Very tired of the US being looked at as a world charity.

I am sure the best....UK, Germany and France would not want paying to teach the Egyptians

I don't suppose for a minute that their offer of help has anything to do with them holding a Naval exercise, Phoenix Express 2016 at the very time and the very place that the aircraft suddenly falls from the sky would it ? Haven't the Good Ol USA got form for having small accidents when holding naval exercises ? Add to that as one observer put it

Again, we don’t know exactly what happened, but with the recent revelation that the plane turned suddenly to the left and then back to the right before it dropped off the radar, it damn sure seems to me at least a possibility that someone on that plane was taking evasive maneuvers in an attempt to avoid something closing in on them.

The fact that they also just happened to be in the middle of a joint naval training op with a bunch of under-trained African officers at the helm makes me wonder if event is hard to figure out as some are trying to make it.

Before the MSM takes off on all the convoluted, impractical, hard to explain “ISIS” stories that do nothing but serve the various interests of the MIC, maybe we should take a moment to consider the simplest and therefore most probable explanation:

We put a bunch of under-trained naval commanders from various African countries in charge of floating weapons of mass destruction off the coast of Egypt and a plane was accidentally shot down.

As there seems to have been a flotilla of ships right on the search zone area at the time you would have thought that this might have been A a mentioned of it and

B made for ships finding the debris a lot earlier ?

Nobody as yet knows the full story but I get a huge smell of BS at the moment with the drip feed crap they are telling the people at the moment. As said the fact there has been not a mention of this exercise has the BS alarm ringing for me

Link to the US Navy operation Phoenix Express here

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=94747

Isn't there also a huge naval presence as well right in the same area from European countries trying to stop the people traffickers dumping thousands of people in Greece and Turkey ? Again something that hasn't been mentioned also

Ouch! That was most ungentlemanly to put that inconvenient truth on the table uksomchai wink.png

I am having nightmares of another USS Vincennes incident. All of the possible causes I have thought we must ultimately accept and deal with it and if appropriate deal with the aggressors, but if it were another accidental shooting down I have to say I really really hope it is not so. The world paid a huge price for the USS Vincennes incident and it would do again if this were proven to be similar. A great piece of info thank you.