Surin Nightlife

aussiecollin

Remeber one thing citizen: I am the biggest,fattest,ugliest bastid here.

QOTD.jpg

All we need to do now is teach him to spell "remember"

:o:D

and I'll teach him to spell "bastard" LOL

:D:D:D:D

fattest and ugliest we all agree, but the locals stole his legs years ago and wont give em back :D

Cent,

A great post, thank for the info. I am there for 9 days starting Christmas Day so your observations (oops, your friends observations) that you are passing on) are very helpfull.

I did read somewhere that Soi Kola is 'dangerous after 11.00PM.' As an old fart who wins all fights by 100 meters this makes me a bit nervous. That said, I have no hestitation in late night strolls down Cowboy or PT Burgos/Makarti.

I have been to see the 'Rose' at rear of Tong Tarin (I stayed there...the Tong Tarin, not the Rose :D ) but at that time there was one sitting in the fishbowl (Yes, ONE!) who didn't look as though she was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Massage place almost directly opposite Martin's fine establishment was OK, straight.

AussieCollin.

PS. I will check out Martin's claim re fat/ugly when I go there and report back to the group.

AussieColin,

There are a few places to have some adult fun in Surin. Some guys come all the way from Ubon to do so. :D Try the Coyote Agogo in Soi Kola (left side just before the Celebrate restaurant). Small place, but the natives are friendly and there are some pretty lasses in there. Not Soi Cowboy, but it can be fun if you know that the ladies need you to approach them, not the other way around. Also, the Memorial Hotel has a fishbowl massage with all included for 800 baht an hour (walk down the driveway to the left and down to the back parking lot, the entrance is back there). As for Sing-a-Song places with take out possibilities, try the Caesar Club right in front of the Thong Tarin Hotel (the building behind the stage of the beer garden in the front parking lot of the hotel). There's also the Hard Rock Agogo down the far left end of Soi Kola as well, the agogo is upstairs and has some nice talent in there which again, you need to approach them, as they will not come to you and sit with you unless asked, usually. Plenty of karaoke shops as well along soi Kola as well with friendly singers who will attempt to draw you inside. As said, Speed 3 is a good place to meet people and have some fun, but hitting on ladies there could be a problem, as most are with friends or their hubbie or boyfriend. My favorite hangout in Surin is the Tawan Daeng Club to the right of the Thong Tarin Hotel (there is a gate from the parking lot to the right of the hotel where you can walk into the back lot of the Tawan Dang then around front to the entrance. If the gate is locked just ask one of the parking lot guards to open it for you-a small tip is appreciated for doing this, but not absolutely necessary). Usually starts rocking around 11, open until 2, and the single/groups of women are very friendly and have possibilities and seem to all want a farang boyfriend, at least for the night. Was hit upon by 2 lovely young ladies the other night while there with a friend, plus I love the Isaan Thai rock music. Good band, cheap drinks, and very friendly people.

There are other places, but these are all right in one area you can walk to around the Thong Tarin Hotel, just up the street from the Farang Connection (which has great food and drinks to start off an evening and the infamous owner Martin is always good for a laugh and a chat :o ), also an easy walk to these places from the new Surin Majestic Hotel. If you want a room to take a lass from the agogos or where ever without needing to use your hotel, behind the Thong Tarin you can walk into a small soi (which you can see from the back of the hotel's swimming pool) that has a 'No Tell Motel' short time room for 200 baht. The passageway into the soi from behind the hotel is to the far left of the steps that lead up to the Golden Rose (might be another name now) Massage Parlor that sits at the back of the Thong Tarin. You'll see it, looks like a driveway, but is the entrance to a small soi where the motel occupies most of the soi. Someone said the Thong Tarin massage place is expensive. That's not what I was told, I think 1200 baht for a 2 hour session with one of the lovelies. They do have a 'superstar' tier, so that might be more.

Not that I frequent some of these places, but friends do and have told me what they get up to and how much it all costs. Just for your info.

Cent

Cent,

A great post, thank for the info. I am there for 9 days starting Christmas Day so your observations (oops, your friends observations) that you are passing on) are very helpfull.

I did read somewhere that Soi Kola is 'dangerous after 11.00PM.' As an old fart who wins all fights by 100 meters this makes me a bit nervous. That said, I have no hestitation in late night strolls down Cowboy or PT Burgos/Makarti.

I have been to see the 'Rose' at rear of Tong Tarin (I stayed there...the Tong Tarin, not the Rose :D ) but at that time there was one sitting in the fishbowl (Yes, ONE!) who didn't look as though she was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Massage place almost directly opposite Martin's fine establishment was OK, straight.

AussieCollin.

PS. I will check out Martin's claim re fat/ugly when I go there and report back to the group.

AussieColin,

There are a few places to have some adult fun in Surin. Some guys come all the way from Ubon to do so. :D Try the Coyote Agogo in Soi Kola (left side just before the Celebrate restaurant). Small place, but the natives are friendly and there are some pretty lasses in there. Not Soi Cowboy, but it can be fun if you know that the ladies need you to approach them, not the other way around. Also, the Memorial Hotel has a fishbowl massage with all included for 800 baht an hour (walk down the driveway to the left and down to the back parking lot, the entrance is back there). As for Sing-a-Song places with take out possibilities, try the Caesar Club right in front of the Thong Tarin Hotel (the building behind the stage of the beer garden in the front parking lot of the hotel). There's also the Hard Rock Agogo down the far left end of Soi Kola as well, the agogo is upstairs and has some nice talent in there which again, you need to approach them, as they will not come to you and sit with you unless asked, usually. Plenty of karaoke shops as well along soi Kola as well with friendly singers who will attempt to draw you inside. As said, Speed 3 is a good place to meet people and have some fun, but hitting on ladies there could be a problem, as most are with friends or their hubbie or boyfriend. My favorite hangout in Surin is the Tawan Daeng Club to the right of the Thong Tarin Hotel (there is a gate from the parking lot to the right of the hotel where you can walk into the back lot of the Tawan Dang then around front to the entrance. If the gate is locked just ask one of the parking lot guards to open it for you-a small tip is appreciated for doing this, but not absolutely necessary). Usually starts rocking around 11, open until 2, and the single/groups of women are very friendly and have possibilities and seem to all want a farang boyfriend, at least for the night. Was hit upon by 2 lovely young ladies the other night while there with a friend, plus I love the Isaan Thai rock music. Good band, cheap drinks, and very friendly people.

There are other places, but these are all right in one area you can walk to around the Thong Tarin Hotel, just up the street from the Farang Connection (which has great food and drinks to start off an evening and the infamous owner Martin is always good for a laugh and a chat :o ), also an easy walk to these places from the new Surin Majestic Hotel. If you want a room to take a lass from the agogos or where ever without needing to use your hotel, behind the Thong Tarin you can walk into a small soi (which you can see from the back of the hotel's swimming pool) that has a 'No Tell Motel' short time room for 200 baht. The passageway into the soi from behind the hotel is to the far left of the steps that lead up to the Golden Rose (might be another name now) Massage Parlor that sits at the back of the Thong Tarin. You'll see it, looks like a driveway, but is the entrance to a small soi where the motel occupies most of the soi. Someone said the Thong Tarin massage place is expensive. That's not what I was told, I think 1200 baht for a 2 hour session with one of the lovelies. They do have a 'superstar' tier, so that might be more.

Not that I frequent some of these places, but friends do and have told me what they get up to and how much it all costs. Just for your info.

Cent

AussieCollin,

Who told you Soi Kola was dangerous after 11? Complete <deleted>. I've, er, my friends have been there until closing many times and never had a problem. I wouldn't hang around at the far end after closing though, down by the Hard Rock agogo. Have seen some dodgy characters, and one time some skank tried it on with some silly scam bullshit, but if you know how to handle yourself and don't fall for silly crap it's not any worse than Cowboy. Personally I'd say go to the Coyote for the late night closing. It's in the middle of the soi and usually there will be a cop or two hanging around out front at closing. Not to worry really. I wouldn't tell you to go there if it was dangerous. Never a problem. And really, most of the younger Thais are very polite and friendly and get a kick out of seeing some farangs around. Some speaking Thai would be a definite advantage (not that I can much at all). But it would be more fun with a friend or two along. Definitely try out Tawan Daeng one night, go in around 10 or so, but it opens earlier as well, and they do serve those big plastic cooler dispensers of beer like at Coliseum on Suk, and some food, and even cocktails I hear (though I haven't ordered one yet). By midnight/one o'clock every one is up dancing and having a good time. Fun place. Just avoid the obvious drunks where ever you go and things will be fine and you'll have fun. Friday and Saturday nights it gets crowded, but actually any night there are plenty of people around later at night.

Here's a tip, if you go to the Speed 3 Disco after you go in walk to your left and go up the stairs to the balcony. Good view of the stage, not crowded like down on the floor, and there is a hong nam up there and a small bar as well. Good show there and some funny gags and a good band.

I've been going there with friends for years and never had a problem except for some fat gay Thai drunk kid hitting on me one night. :D

Cent

AussieCollin,

BTW, try out the #2 English breakfast at the Farang Connection. Good deal for the baht and you won't go away hungry. Was there this morning with another expat friend watching the Monday Night Football game on the widescreen. Martin was still fat and ugly. Sorry I won't be around or I'd have a beer with you and a stroll around the Kola, but I'm back to the states for a few weeks over the holidays.

Cent

AussieCollin,

BTW, try out the #2 English breakfast at the Farang Connection. Good deal for the baht and you won't go away hungry. Was there this morning with another expat friend watching the Monday Night Football game on the widescreen. Martin was still fat and ugly. Sorry I won't be around or I'd have a beer with you and a stroll around the Kola, but I'm back to the states for a few weeks over the holidays.

Cent

Cent,

Yes, I have breakfasted at the Farang Connection many times in the past, and it's great brekky providing you don't have to see Martin scurrying around, which really churs the tummy!. (does he ever stay still for more than 30 seconds?) It sure beats the Tong Tarin cold eggs that sit in the warmer tray !!!

Pity you will be out of town, maybe next time.

Just as a matter of interest, I have stayed at the Petchakan (sp?) and visited their KOK where all are very very attentive, holding gl...oops hands in the back row. Buy a bottle of Chivas which they keep for me when I stagger out: last time they had kept it for a year!! and the tide mark I put on the label was still there: ie no evaporation. :o I stopped going there after the in-house massage therapist left there. The manager (good English) told me that 'there was trouble'. She was a real beautiful girl, starting her own business (next to the reception desk there). Sob.

The small masssage (no sex here, reads the sign on the door) place on the left hand corner as you leave the Petchakan, with the wrinklies, gives a good massage, but even they offered to massage errr, other bits (ie the heat seaking moisture missile).

Cheers mate.

Aussiecollin

• 10 months later...

Actually, just of late, after my long awaited marriage bust up, I have been compiling a dossier (or is it dosser) on the wild side of Suirin. I have now realised that what they say about Surin is 100% true, and just a good a time can be had here as anywhere. Maybe some of the delights I have brought back to the FC might not have been everybody's cup of tea, but I have a funny, sneaky feeling I enjoyed myself. However, as a brand new Mrs Fat Git seems to be looming on the horizon, I may have to take the pledge once more. Apart from the FC running out of beer.

Going back to Yorkie's sing-a-song bars (Thai-style cafes?), is he willing to disclose where these are? Earlier in the thread Jayenram mentioned some on the Buriram road and one near the elephant stadium. Are Yorkie's the same or different ones?

Edited by citizen33

I don't no how far you will get with mine host from the FC, although I hear he is out on the lash again. No doubt I'll have him following me about when I get back.

As for (yorkie), Jayenrams bars some of them are little kantrum bars in the middle of nowhere, not easily found unless you no the area.

However, I think you will find enough entertainment in town to keep you happy.

You could always ask canadian mike who is there now, he will show you the gutters of surin. Some real dark and dingy houses of ill-repute.

Sorry I can't show you as I am stuck in the UK at the moment working. But I'm sure some of my good mates will show you round. George from australia might be there too, although I'm not sure about that at the moment.

Anyway, have a good time........

John.....

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention.

Here is a famous thai saying translated to english for you.

If you go to surin you need to drink whiskey, if you don't drink whiskey you look like a dog in surin!

Perhaps if you bump into a good friend of mine (bristol David). He might translate it into thai for you. Or perhaps canadian Mike might no it.

I could do it for you in english phonetics but it might not come through with our different accents.

Cheers

John

Edited by johnsurin

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention.

Here is a famous thai saying translated to english for you.

If you go to surin you need to drink whiskey, if you don't drink whiskey you look like a dog in surin!

Perhaps if you bump into a good friend of mine (bristol David). He might translate it into thai for you. Or perhaps canadian Mike might no it.

I could do it for you in english phonetics but it might not come through with our different accents.

Cheers

John

Or Kevin into Hungarian & York(y)ie, into Mongolian.

Going back to Yorkie's sing-a-song bars (Thai-style cafes?), is he willing to disclose where these are? Earlier in the thread Jayenram mentioned some on the Buriram road and one near the elephant stadium. Are Yorkie's the same or different ones?

The ones on the Buriram road are quite easy to find. Just drive slowly, look out for the "fairy lights" and listen for the tuneless "singing".

The one where Yorkie's pictures were taken is the one by the elephant stadium. Not easy to find if you're new to the town but I'm sure Yorkie will give you a guided tour for the price of a pint. I could point it out on a map but we don't want every Tom, Dick and Collin there. :o:D

Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

There are a number of 'sing-a-song' bars on the outskirts of Surin. A few on the Buriram road as you enter Surin boundary. However, our favourite is close to the elephant stadium/airport. Some pictures here:

http://gallery.thaivista.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

The snooker referees looked okay :o

Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

There are a number of 'sing-a-song' bars on the outskirts of Surin. A few on the Buriram road as you enter Surin boundary. However, our favourite is close to the elephant stadium/airport. Some pictures here:

http://gallery.thaivista.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

The snooker referees looked okay :D

Watch out for the sharks though........

post-36093-1190397166_thumb.jpg

Couldn't resist it :o:D:D

:D

John.....

Well I thought I had a good night after the BBQ, but seeing the info from CENT I need an excuse for another night out purely and simple for Documentary purposes of course

I'll join you Mac! :o After the last fiasco....

Your on mate whenever, now let me look in my book of excuses lol