Extension Or Go On Visa Run?

This stuff confuses me so much.

I got a 3 month work permit on 11 Aug. 2006 and my visa expires on 16 Aug.. Can I go get an extension or do I have to do a visa run? If so, how long will they extend me for and what is the costs.

The work permit says it is valid until 11 Aug 2007. Does it ever need updating or new stamps like my passport does?

Much thanks!

When was you last entry into Thailand and how long did it say you could remain here?

If you are not on overstay and can meet the requirements for extension of stay (many papers and pay by your nationality) then immigration may be able to extend your stay. If not you have to obtain a new visa and exit country every 90 days. The work permit does not allow you to stay in Thailand.

OK, my information again:

My departure card reads that I can stay in Thailand until 13 Nov. '06.

This part is confusing: On page 5 of my work permit it reads that it is valid until 10 Aug. '07 but on page 7 it reads valid until 14 Aug. '06.

I have a non-im O (which I'm sure you already know since I have a work permit) that was issued 16 May '06 in Penang and I returned to Thailand on 17 May '06.

Does having the work permit allow me to get an extenstion that I would not normally be allowed to get if I had just a regular visa stamp? What exactly is the connection between the work permit and the passport?

How long will the extension be for if I can get one?

Any information is helpful.

Thanks again,

Mafaso

Use this link to go to the Immigration web site page on visa extensions and click on the reason for extension for a pop up (use IE to view). This may not be completely current as has not been changed recently but the information is also in many recent posts from Sunbelt if you check back on his posts. The extension of stay would be one year at a time.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=service