DSI scrutinizes medical certificate supporting abbot’s actual sickness

webfact

DSI scrutinizes medical certificate supporting abbot’s actual sickness

65_Dsi-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) held a meeting today to decide what action it could take after a medical certificate submitted as evidence to assure Phra Dhammachayo is sick is not officially issued by the Phanurangsee hospital.

DSI director-general Pol Col Phaisit Wongmuang said the Phanurangsee hospital which is inside the Phanurangsee Army barrack in Ratchaburi province has officially notified the DSI that the medical certificate was not issued by the hospital.

The meeting agreed that Phra Dhammachayo must report to the DSI for acknowledgement of charges on May 26.

No postponement will be allowed any longer after the abbot has failed to report the DSI three times, prompting it to seek his arrest if he fails to turn himself in by May 26.

The medical certificate was submitted by Phra Dhammachayo’s lawyer as evidence to confirm the abbot is sick and cannot report himself to the DSI for acknowledgement of three charges involving money laundering, receiving stolen property, and embezzlement.

The DSI summoned the abbot three times to report but was ignored with claim he is sick and doctors advised he takes rest for two months.

His lawyers then submitted medical certificate of the hospital as evidence of his sickness.

However photos of the abbot continued to perform activities were posted on the internet, raising suspicion of his sickness.

Enquiries into the medical certificate revealed it was certified by the deputy director of the Phanurangsee hospital.

The issuance of certificate prompted an investigation by the hospital which later revealed it was issued on individual basis by the deputy director without the knowledge of the hospital.

Besides, investigation also showed the abbot never was admitted to the hospital to receive medical treatment.

It was later concluded by Phanurangsee hospital that the medical certificate is not an official certificate of the hospital.

Disciplinary action is underway to penalize the hospital’s deputy director.

DSI chief said affirmation by the hospital prompted the DSI to ponder if any legal action could be taken for those who submitted such unauthorized certicate as evidence to not report by citing sickness as reason.

In another development, former chairman of the National Legislative Assembly’s Buddhism Reform Commission Mr Phaiboon Nititawan asked the DSI to bring the abbot to state hospital for physical check to prove he is really sick.

This was necessary to dispel public suspicion of persecution by the DSI, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/164324

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-23

So it goes on and on, more tricks scams lies.

Anything to protect him from justice.

It is a scandal that is what it is.

Arrest him and if proven charge him, jail him.

Stop playing around and making Thai justice a joke.

Ohh sorry Thai justice is a joke.

Depending on the part played by the hospital's deputy director he should be facing a lot more than disciplinary action.

Attempting to Pervert The Course of Justice, or Thai equivalent, will do for starters.

It would appear that the actions and subsquent inaction displayed by many departments and officials in the Thai

government are definetly slanted toward protecting those who are robbing the taxpaying public of huge sums and/or helping

those involved in what seems to be treated almost as a hobby by involved.

IMHO Phra Dhammachayo's Lawyer, and the Deputy Director of the Phanurangsee Hospital must be disbarred for fraud.

The medical certificate was submitted by Phra Dhammachayo’s lawyer as evidence to confirm the abbot is sick and cannot report himself to the DSI for acknowledgement of three charges involving money laundering, receiving stolen property, and embezzlement.

The DSI summoned the abbot three times to report but was ignored with claim he is sick and doctors advised he takes rest for two months.

His lawyers then submitted medical certificate of the hospital as evidence of his sickness.

However photos of the abbot continued to perform activities were posted on the internet, raising suspicion of his sickness.

Enquiries into the medical certificate revealed it was certified by the deputy director of the Phanurangsee hospital.

The issuance of certificate prompted an investigation by the hospital which later revealed it was issued on individual basis by the deputy director without the knowledge of the hospital.

Besides, investigation also showed the abbot never was admitted to the hospital to receive medical treatment.

It was later concluded by Phanurangsee hospital that the medical certificate is not an official certificate of the hospital.

Disciplinary action is underway to penalize the hospital’s deputy director.

Depending on the part played by the hospital's deputy director he should be facing a lot more than disciplinary action.

Attempting to Pervert The Course of Justice, or Thai equivalent, will do for starters.

Pardon my ignorance. If in fact what is being said about this man's illness is true and there seems to be so much uncorroborated evidence possibly being "produced" to show an even poorer character than the charges imply, how is Thai justice being "perverted" by a Deputy Director putting their own position at risk by providing an independent professional opinion.

(Oh I forgot myself. It's a perverse concept to the military way of thinking for a noncom to think for themselves. I guess I have a hard time after being an assistant that if I asked my Director what I should and shouldn't do in any given situation whether highly political or not, I would have been looking for another job.

But then again I wasn't a doctor, nor did I take a hypocritical oath.

The majority of Thais are Buddhists. They have a right to trust that the senior leaders of their religion are honest, clean and not corrupt and that those who do not meet that criteria are dealt with severely.

On that basis alone the authorities must act decisively.

The authorities seem to be trying, but are up against centuries of culture - Buddhist monks are untouchable.

Pardon my ignorance. If in fact what is being said about this man's illness is true and there seems to be so much uncorroborated evidence possibly being "produced" to show an even poorer character than the charges imply, how is Thai justice being "perverted" by a Deputy Director putting their own position at risk by providing an independent professional opinion.

(Oh I forgot myself. It's a perverse concept to the military way of thinking for a noncom to think for themselves. I guess I have a hard time after being an assistant that if I asked my Director what I should and shouldn't do in any given situation whether highly political or not, I would have been looking for another job.

Nice one. Upon my oath I am a hypocrite!

A medical certificate in Thailand does not necessarily mean much. I paid 100 baht for the medical certificate for my driving licence.

The 100 baht note was scrutinised to check it was in good health.

I was not.

I did not meet the doctor, only the receptionist

No examination was necessary to certify me as medically fit to drive, in spite of my advanced years (which the doctor knew about as my date of birth was on the documents given.)

I am betting that the good monk's medical certificate was more expensive but that his examination may not have been any more thorough than mine was.

Buddha-issara asks DSI to impound Dhammachayo’s assets

May 23, 2016 3:49

Activist abbot of Wat Or-noi in Nakhon Pathom, Phra Buddha-issara, today asked the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to impound the assets of Phra Dhammachayo, abbot of Wat Dhammakaya in Pathum Thani reasoning they might derive from his conspiracy in money laundering and theft.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/164321

Attempting to Pervert the Course of Justice is quite respectable and normal behavior - goes with being an influential person.

An independent professional opinion means it is based on professionalism.

Professional doctors examine their patients before they judge the case.

The hospital says this "sick" guy has not been in this hospital = has not been seen by the deputy director who issued the certificate.

I would expect something like this:

" I am a professional doctor (licence number..) I saw the person on (date) at (localization)

I did a proper clinical examination. I found the following normal and the following pathological issues...

This means he suffers from and is not able to ..... because

or

he does not suffer from any severe illness and is fully capable