Can braces be tightened and details transferred to a different clinic ?

Baht bus

My girlfriend has moved to Udon Thani and is now looking to have her braces tightened in a new clinic locally . Does anybody know if this is possible to transfer the particulars to a new dentist ? Can anybody reccomened a good dentist in Udon Thani either way .

Thanks .

What details? The whole braces industry in Thailand is a cosmetic scam industry as far as I can see (having a wife and 18yo daughter in that loop).

Most dental clinics don't want to solve protruding teeth too early on so expect a few years of regular payments - or switch them onto a 'you pay' basis since it's cosmetic, not health.

Clinics at a reputable hospital may be the answer, but I suspect most dentists would start from first principles anyway

Thanks santisuk for your reply .

My partner has had her braces on for 3 years and was getting them adjusted monthly , sometimes would go as long as 3 months between visits . This is done by the same dentist in the same surgery and would cost 100 baht each visit . The braces were fully paid in the beginning .

My question re details refers to he treatment plan so to speak and can another dentist take over from where they left off in the last surgery . I obtained all x Ray's ,teeth moulds and written documents in relation to what plan of actin was to be taken . Surely another dentist can look at all of this , look in her mouth and tighten a few screws ? I mean that's their occupation right ?

My girl says no dentist wants to help and all want to start from the beginning . ( which obviously means $$$$ )

Has anybody encountered this scenario before ?

Or can someone recommended a shop to purchase small screwdrivers and pliers .

• 3 weeks later...

Adjusting braces is a pretty basic procedure for a reasonably competent dentist. If I were in your situation, I'd be taking wife, g/f or daughter, whoever is wearing said braces, to a few different dentists. Pick the one who is happy to accept a new patient & who the wearer feels comfortable with.

Good dentist-patient relationship is probably necessary for required result.

Cheers..... Mal.