Twenty million baht of Ya Ba seized in a Bangkok tuk-tuk

webfact

Twenty million baht of Ya Ba seized in a Bangkok tuk-tuk

yy.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Alert police arrested a man and a tuk-tuk driver who were transporting 20 million baht worth of Ya Ba across the city.

Thammasala officers who had set up a regular roadblock made the discovery Monday night drawing praise from acting police chief Sanit Mahathavorn reported Thairath.

Chief Sanit said that some sections of the public criticized the action of officers mounting roadblocks but they had proved again they were successful in limiting illegal activity thanks to the vigilance of many police on duty that night.

The roadblock had been set up near the Mazda dealership on the Baromratchachonnani Road outbound in Taweewatana district of Bangkok. Officers saw a tuk-tuk approaching the block and slow down and park. As they approached their suspicions were aroused as the driver and his passenger started to visibly shake. A large bag near the foot of the passenger in the back was searched and found to contain 100,000 tablets in 50 packets. This is worth 20 million baht on the street.

They arrested Witsanu (or Mai) Banthajit of Samut Sakorn and the driver Wirat (or Bird) Plikklam, 46, a resident of Ayuthaya. Both were charged with possession of class one drugs with intent to sell. Witsanu said that the drugs were his. He had arranged over the phone to pick them up from under a pedestrian bridge in the Nonthaburi area and had hired Wirat to drive his tuk-tuk there to fetch them. They were due to take the drugs to Samut Sakorn for which he was to be paid 100,000 baht, 30,000 baht of which he was going to give to the driver for his trouble.

Witsanu said this was the first time he had done such a thing as he needed money to take care of his three children.

Chief Sanit praised the excellent police work saying: "Some sections of society do not see the value of these checkpoints but they have shown again, thanks to the vigilance of more than ten officers, that they are effective in reducing crime."

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-24

Roadblocks to be effective have to be at random locations. If they are at the same place time after time people get to know where they are and avoid them.

Good work by the police in getting these people.

What some part of the society still do not understand is why they do not find a way to arrest the guys behind this.....or when they arrest them why they always find a way to flee....

Money is power as you know. Always they announce they are going to arrest someone, possibly to let the person know they should leave now

Hard to believe a first time mule would be entrusted with 20 m worth of drugs..... Who contacted who in this arrangement , and who was to be contacted and how upon arrival at delivery site? I am also skeptical that the tuk tuk driver was not involved as how many times are you offered 30,000 baht to take a fare acoss town in Thailand?

I have seen tuk tuk do u turns against 3 lanes of traffic going the wrong way on the one way side of expressway to miss a police check and I know there no drugs involved ( I was the fare). Thus there are several people that should probably be questioned closely including bib.

Hard to believe a first time mule would be entrusted with 20 m worth of drugs..... Who contacted who in this arrangement , and who was to be contacted and how upon arrival at delivery site? I am also skeptical that the tuk tuk driver was not involved as how many times are you offered 30,000 baht to take a fare acoss town in Thailand?

I have seen tuk tuk do u turns against 3 lanes of traffic going the wrong way on the one way side of expressway to miss a police check and I know there no drugs involved ( I was the fare). Thus there are several people that should probably be questioned closely including bib.

You should apply for a job with the RTP. You seem to have a lot of knowledge in regards to the inner workings of the drug industry in Thailand. You would be very useful no doubt.

I have seen tuk tuk do u turns against 3 lanes of traffic going the wrong way on the one way side of expressway to miss a police check and I know there no drugs involved ( I was the fare).

How do you know "there no drugs involved"? There could have been some under your seat. If caught, you may be the one sent to prison with an assumed "intent to sell" charge instead of the driver who may claim that he had no idea.

Possession laws need to be abolished as they are unjust.