Ayuthaya restaurant shooting leaves two dead, many injured in hail of bullets

webfact

Ayuthaya restaurant shooting leaves two dead, many injured in hail of bullets

sss.jpg

Image: Daily News

AYUTHAYA: -- A major shooting committed by ten men at a roadside restaurant in Ayuthaya on Wednesday night left two men dead and many injured from stray bullets.

Police believe the attack is linked to jealousy over a woman who had a new boyfriend.

Ayuthaya police who rushed to the Isan food restaurant on the Ayuthaya - Ban Pom road found a scene of carnage. Six men were lying injured on the ground one of them a 13 year old boy caught in the crossfire reported Daily News.

Witnesses said that earlier four cars and pick-ups had arrived at the restaurant. Ten men had piled out and started shooting as customers dived for cover with some being hit by stray bullets. When the attack that lasted up to two minutes was over the assailants got back in their vehicles and left.

All the injured were rushed to hospital where two brothers Kampanat Sattham, 35, and Kittipong Sattham, 20, were pronounced dead from gunshot wounds to the chest. Sarawut Charoensuk, 13, Sanchai Rungjaeng, 32, and Kraisorn Suphidaen, 35 were hospitalized with leg and arm wounds sustained in the shooting. Another man only slightly hurt was allowed home.

Police found one gun and twenty spent cartridges of three different types at the scene of the shooting. They learnt that Kampanat and his brother had arrived in their pick-up to eat at the restaurant. Around ten men in four cars arrived and started shooting into the restaurant.

They believe that the shooting is over a woman. One of the victims had been showing an interest in a woman at the restaurant. She had just split up from another man. Police believe that friends of the ex-boyfriend carried out the shooting as he was jealous of her having a new lover.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-26

"They believe that the shooting is over a woman. One of the victims had been showing an interest in a woman at the restaurant. She had just split up from another man. Police believe that friends of the ex-boyfriend carried out the shooting as he was jealous of her having a new lover."

All this over a man's 15 seconds of satisfaction (His satisfaction. Obviously not her's).

You can cure cure poverty, you can cure injustice, you can even cure ignorance, but in the LOS, Stupid (AKA Saving Face) is here to stay.

Edited by jaltsc

I hope that the the police guess that the shooting was over a woman is just that a wild a.. guess. This seems to be a rather

popular ploice response issued for many of the recent gun shot incidents. Its similar to the sucide assumption we hear so many times. Are these the top 2 on the official guess list as to motive for gun play this year?

Moronic disgusting behaviour.

Parenting and how people are brought up in this country really needs to be addressed. First the problem needs to be acknowledged though - something I don't see happening anytime soon.

I don't like to be negative and I don't want to be labeled in the doom and gloom camp, but holy crap... The writings on the wall as they say.

Its delusional to deny there's some very big problems. Not everyone or everywhere, but a disproportionate amount compared to elsewhere in the world.

Edited by Pomthai

Such infantile mentalities of these people. Lock them up for life or until they grow up

The punishment for committing this particular sin, one of the 7 Deadly Sins, Envy/Jealousy, is to be immersed in freezing water for all eternity!

I can understand the one Ex jealous psycho boyfriend going ballistic, but how do you wind up all your mates to want to join in?

"Hey, I'm just going round to shoot my ex girlfriend's new boyfriend, you want to come?":

"Sure mate, have you got a spare gun?"

There just might be a little more to this.

Jealousy, the deadliest Sin of them all.

The jilted BF must be a very persuasive fellow if he can get 10 friends to come help him with a shoot'em up.

Of course maybe I am not that good of a friend as I would tell any of my mates in that situation that he kinda going to have to sort it out on his own. Wanna talk about it over a beer? Can do. Want me to join in a mob hit? No can do.

Edited by bluebluewater

10 guys with guns in cars and pick-ups (not 2 guys on a motorbike) says they are not worried about being caught. In Thailand this means they will be tied in to the power structure either a local politician, senior police or senior military.

Such infantile mentalities of these people. Lock them up for life or until they grow up

The punishment for committing this particular sin, one of the 7 Deadly Sins, Envy/Jealousy, is to be immersed in freezing water for all eternity!

I can understand the one Ex jealous psycho boyfriend going ballistic, but how do you wind up all your mates to want to join in?

"Hey, I'm just going round to shoot my ex girlfriend's new boyfriend, you want to come?":

"The punishment for committing this particular sin, one of the 7 Deadly Sins, Envy/Jealousy, is to be immersed in freezing water for all eternity!"

Only according to an anonymously authored French text of which only one copy is known to have existed, called Douce 134, which is an an illustrated treatise on the Antichrist, Last Judgement, Hell, and Heaven. It is not found in any religious books and is not the belief of any mainstream religion, Buddhism of course believing in reincarnation. The concept of the 7 Deadly Sins is not actually even from the Bible, they are all found within it, but to group them as the 7 is a medieval invention restricted to poetry, most people quote Dante's poems for which the punishment for envy is having your eyelids sewn shut. I am interested in how you came on Douce, are you an Evangelist?

Thai..maybe Issan girl again? I like the name of the road though,very appropriate to the event???bang.ban..pom.??

Maybe she was from Isaan, maybe a different area of Thailand, what on earth are you trying to infer?

Rounding them up is the easy bit. Just tell them you have lost face and they will jump at the chance to join in. For some strange reason they feel they are important, goodness only knows why they have this opinion

Am sure no crimes of passion were committed anywhere else in the world today.

Of course it happens else where. But and its a damned big one - whoever it was, managed round up 10 mates to join in. - That does not happen around the world - at least and thankfully not very often.

Am sure no crimes of passion were committed anywhere else in the world today.

yeah right, 4 cars, 10 killers with shotgun, 2 deads, several injured, crimes of passion like this one happen everyday all around the world... coffee1.gif

these apologists always a good laugh

'There just might be a little more to this.' Or, given the recent gang murder of a disabled man, and mindful of where we are, it might not.