Best place to live in Khon Kaen

noopin2014

Hi folks !

Could you tell me in your mind what is the best place to live in Khon Khaen for a litlle family with 2 children ? Place not far from shopping area, restaurants, facilities, non polluted and quiet place, with green area and with not to much traffic jam... We plan to rent a house for 1 year probably in a moo baan.

Thank you very much !smile.png

Suspect talk of Moo Baan means city but do children require school? That should likely be a prime location factor - is there requirement for communications or office space or anything special? Suspect most people have various demands making specific locations attractive to them.

Suspect talk of Moo Baan means city but do children require school? That should likely be a prime location factor - is there requirement for communications or office space or anything special? Suspect most people have various demands making specific locations attractive to them.

Yes my children need to go school, i would like to get the different point of view.

Khon Kaen city is a lot more compact than, say, Korat or Udon.

Lots of housing estates, most of which are only a short distance to the core of the city.

Mittraphap Road (Route 2) splits Khon Kaen, and the area east of there is widely regarded as the preferred place to live.

The most popular estate amongst westerners is Piman Chol 2, located just by Beung Kaen Nakhorn lake. In view of it's popularity, the rental prices seem to be more expensive that most other estates, and a similar property elsewhere could be quite a lot cheaper.

Wherever you choose, you will not be far away from all the amenities you need, but the main question would be, what is your rental budget ?

Providing your budget is quite reasonable, you could come and have a look at the city, and rent in an area that you think is suitable to your needs.

Lots of housing estates, most of which are only a short distance to the core of the city.

Mittraphap Road (Route 2) splits Khon Kaen, and the area east of there is widely regarded as the preferred place to live.

The most popular estate amongst westerners is Piman Chol 2, located just by Beung Kaen Nakhorn lake. In view of it's popularity, the rental prices seem to be more expensive that most other estates, and a similar property elsewhere could be quite a lot cheaper.

Wherever you choose, you will not be far away from all the amenities you need, but the main question would be, what is your rental budget ?

Providing your budget is quite reasonable, you could come and have a look at the city, and rent in an area that you think is suitable to your needs.

Thanks Thaiduncankk that's interesting, i'm looking for a detached house fully furnished with 3 bedrooms for 15-20.000 THB

Thanks Thaiduncankk that's interesting, i'm looking for a detached house fully furnished with 3 bedrooms for 15-20.000 THB

This post is another example of the help people get by being Thaivisa members. I hope the OP finds what he is looking for

from the helpful answers he has received. particularly the one from Siets.

The west side of Mittraphap Road isn't so good ? Does the airport causes some nuisance like noises ? I thought to stay around the Road 2 or Road 12 because my wife wants to visit quite often his family in Chaiyaphum.

Wherever you live, and I will use Piman Chol 2 as an example, you will not be too far away from the ring road.

It is easy, once on the ring road, to join the Chaiyaphum road, and thus avoid the city traffic.

Nothing wrong with the west side, and rental wise, you should get more bang for your buck.

Wherever you live, and I will use Piman Chol 2 as an example, you will not be too far away from the ring road.

It is easy, once on the ring road, to join the Chaiyaphum road, and thus avoid the city traffic.

Nothing wrong with the west side, and rental wise, you should get more bang for your buck.

thanks mate :)

I have removed a post with personal details. Please don't post phone number, Line ID's or emails in the open forum. There is a PM function you can use to make contact with another member.

You can see some rentals on DDProperty.

• 2 weeks later...

The west side of Mittraphap Road isn't so good ? Does the airport causes some nuisance like noises ? I thought to stay around the Road 2 or Road 12 because my wife wants to visit quite often his family in Chaiyaphum.

West side is also good.

By the way, did you manage to rent a house yet?

• 2 weeks later...

When we moved up we found a school that suited us first and then looked for housing in the area. Ended up at Mataneedol school and Pimanchon 2.

Thanks Patongphil, i checked Mataneedol school, only admission fee is 30.000 THB, very pricey i think... Any experiences with Patanadek or KPBS (Kornprapaphat) school ?

• 3 months later...

I have to agree with Possum 1931 about the response from TV posters.However,i have to say that i have always found the Isaan forum more friendly than the Pattaya forum.Ive had a few questions answered in the isaan forum and have posted a few topics.The replys have always been sincere and seem to be from people that are actualy interested in what you have to say.I find this forum less spiteful.

Thanks guys/girls for the past,present and future reply's

KKD