Get up, stand up. Stand up when you ride.

papa al

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KMK today.

papa likes meeting riders from all over the welt.

Today after riding the 15K loop
saw 3 guys on dirt bikes at the parking lot.
Went over to chat ‘em up;
 Russian 30-somethings.
They were very interested in the Yama-powered Climber.
Told the one he could try it out.
He couldn’t find the starter button.
Then he had some learning on the reverse mounted shifter.
He tried riding it sit-in down instead of stand-up.
very 5 5.
☺️

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 8:34 AM, VocalNeal said:

Can't stand up when I ride as I have snapped off all the bolts that secure the footpegs.????

Amazing.???? Four bolts snapped off. Two in the bottom of the crankcase, two in the bottom of the CVT casing. Many thoughts about Easyouts and drilling or drilling out and tapping one size larger. 

I attempted drilling out one in the removable casing. If I screwed up I could by a new casing. Broke one drill. But had drilled out enough to make the broken studwall thin. So attacked it with a centre punch. It moved and then I managed to unscrew it. After much patience the other three came out just by whacking with a centre punch. No evidence of corrosion on any of the threads???? So why they snapped is a mystery.

Anyway i have put success down to my DIY penetrating fluid. 50% nail polish remover (acetone) from 7-Eleven and 50% ATF (automatic transmission fluid).

Success being mute as snapping them was a failure????   

On 2/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, VocalNeal said:

Amazing.???? Four bolts snapped off. Two in the bottom of the crankcase, two in the bottom of the CVT casing. Many thoughts about Easyouts and drilling or drilling out and tapping one size larger. 

I attempted drilling out one in the removable casing. If I screwed up I could by a new casing. Broke one drill. But had drilled out enough to make the broken studwall thin. So attacked it with a centre punch. It moved and then I managed to unscrew it. After much patience the other three came out just by whacking with a centre punch. No evidence of corrosion on any of the threads???? So why they snapped is a mystery.

Anyway i have put success down to my DIY penetrating fluid. 50% nail polish remover (acetone) from 7-Eleven and 50% ATF (automatic transmission fluid).

Success being mute as snapping them was a failure????   

Yes, never heard of failure like that.

Esp from Hondog.

Better than breaking the casings tho.

How did it happen.

Crash, motocross, ... ?

Also, papa likes watching bolt extraction videos on YT,

so yea...

good.

Photos niokop.