Get up, stand up. Stand up when you ride.

papa al

Inflation strikes home.
Need to replace the front tire on the Climber.
The outer lugs have been well chewed up.
Cracks in the rubber body.
Purchased in Oct 2019 for 1640baht
Same on order
now 1940baht
Delivered from Vee Rubber factory.
[1940B/30 months = 65baht/month]
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha Papa... question any ideas or suggestions, I seem to have a clutch problem.. The bike dies when I put the bike into gear.. Starts up like a champ no issues there.. What could it be?  

CB 500X 2019.jpg

Thanks VN and PP... it was the Kickstand sensor. .goggle the cause and it was there.. Thanks for the insights.. Few more.. do you think the engine skid guard for the CB500X is more style vs function?  I do not anticipate going on the dirt.. black top all the way.

Also, the best option to shorter the problem with my feet not touching the ground completely, 29-30 inseam is to shave the seat 1.5 inches.... according to the clips, lowering the front and back suspension would alter the handling characteristic of the bike... Comments..  YES, I am doing the left foot down, slight lean to the left, right foot on peg.. but there is a bit of stress on my already problematic back and left ankle?

Cheers mate.

Beach view CB500X.jpg

Rhys I would buy a new seat so you can keep the old one for when you sell it on keeping OEM. Then take the seat to an upholsterer and have it cut down a couple of inches and toped back up with gel or memory foam gel I think would be better as the memory foams  available here  have a short memory 555. Lots of bike shops doing seat work and car and truck seats dive around and find a good one. I had to do just the opposite for my CBR and turned the crotch rocket position into a bench seat arrangement with suited my 6.4in (191cm) frame much better. Good luck great bike I am green with Envy in the nicest way.

all the best keeping the shiny side up.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:28 AM, VocalNeal said:

Is there no optional seat? Kawasaki Versys has factory options, Tall and low seat.

It was a choice between a Tiger XrX.. it had and adjustable seat,.. just lowered the clamps inside the seat... The CB500X does not..

On 6/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, Randell said:

Rhys I would buy a new seat so you can keep the old one for when you sell it on keeping OEM. Then take the seat to an upholsterer and have it cut down a couple of inches and toped back up with gel or memory foam gel I think would be better as the memory foams  available here  have a short memory 555. Lots of bike shops doing seat work and car and truck seats dive around and find a good one. I had to do just the opposite for my CBR and turned the crotch rocket position into a bench seat arrangement with suited my 6.4in (191cm) frame much better. Good luck great bike I am green with Envy in the nicest way.

all the best keeping the shiny side up.

That was my thinking as well.. I tried to go through a shop in BKK.. it was all set but when I tried to transfer the money the account was blocked, the Bank Clerk even tried it and she could not get it to go through.. called the shop they did not get it.. So... I thought.. hmmm not this way.. I tried looking about in my town.. nada.. So it seems I have to wait  and re think this or go to BKK with my old seat.   My CBR 300R seat was 30.7... I am 5-7.. so it was fine.  I keep checking the FB pages and with other riders for recommendation.   On the pegs mate.

1488893083_TheBike.jpg.2eaa060f1c7a575128228fec36a40241.jpgpost-7852-0-53018800-1467734027_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Returned to some KMK trail riding after

hiatus up N.

Trails are good.

Climber is good.

papa ... acceptable.

Been doing the ez 15k loop.

Snakes & lizards running around..

er... well the snakes aren't running ... 

slithering.

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2022 at 7:51 PM, papa al said:

slithering

Riding today

came across a 6' long

dark snake.

Near the head was a flaring hood.

Never saw one of these bad boys in the wild before.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 13.35.13.png

• Like 1

Years ago, I thought I might try camping in the front of house... It was a big green grass field. There was a little water pond and by the wet grass, 3 heads.. cobra popped up.. I had never seen them in the wild as well.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:45 AM, papa al said:

... Shinjo crashed.

Years back when my brother was barely a teen, he was practicing at a track.  A guy riding the wrong way around collided with him head-on. Severely shattered his leg and knee cap.  He spent weeks in traction at a hospital.  He ended up with one leg short by about 2 inches and one less knee cap.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

KMK trail report:   Good.

Not muddy

No downfallen trees x the track.

Enough precipitation to consolidate the sand, &

green things.

Branches, leave, vines 

reaching out...

Thorny-vines being the worst.

????

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, papa al said:

new boots.jpg

So when these boots were purchased,

papa somehow spaced-out and ordered 2 pairs.

Now, 3/2-years later,

the boots are well worn,

and the soles are delaminating.

Took to boot repair shop Bukauw area

for Monday pick-up.

Have new spare pair in box yet.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1