Cats! Cats! Cats!

rak sa_ngop

Is there an explosion of cats in Bangkok?

I see loads of then in Lumphini park.

I see heaps of them in the sois off Silom road.

I even see mobs of them (sorry kangaroos) around my condo.

What has happened? Is it due to a declining dog population (maybe because of the increased number of Vietnamese working in the area?)

Any thoughts on this?

woman below us at old condo (35sq mtr) has 14 cats, place stank, no pets allowed of course thumbsup.gif Up the road where we are now we call it soi cat, they are everywhere, but only come from 3-4 houses. why do people have to have so many of them?

Is n't there a breeding season and this is the result? My moo-baan in Bang Saray has a resident cat population (seemingly all sired by a black tom) and there's an explosion of cute kittens + cat poo on my lawn.

My condo complex has a strict no pets inside policy. The biggest problem we have/had was the flying rats, pigeons. They crap all over everything. There were a few stray cats around and the staff would throw them out whenever they could catch them. One of the condo committee big shots discovered that the cats were killing pigeons. They then decided that they would catch cats, neuter them and allow a couple cats in each condo building. The pigeon population has taken a big hit. People even enjoy having the cats around.

My condo complex has a strict no pets inside policy. The biggest problem we have/had was the flying rats, pigeons. They crap all over everything. There were a few stray cats around and the staff would throw them out whenever they could catch them. One of the condo committee big shots discovered that the cats were killing pigeons. They then decided that they would catch cats, neuter them and allow a couple cats in each condo building. The pigeon population has taken a big hit. People even enjoy having the cats around.

Thanks for this info. We do have several cats hanging around inside our condo but not really a nuisance apart from their occasional catawauling.

I will make a recommendation to the committee to 'adopt' and neuter them.

Thanks for this info. We do have several cats hanging around inside our condo but not really a nuisance apart from their occasional catawauling.

I will make a recommendation to the committee to 'adopt' and neuter them.

I think that once they are neutered, they quit fighting and certainly quit breeding. At least I never hear any squalling.

make the necessary consonant subtitution and there you are...

('aw tutsi...they're just harmless little critters'...'yeah, come to think of it, I'm a bit of a rat meself...someone get Van Helsing on the line...')

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Some historians attribute the eradication of cats in 14th century Europe as one of the major contributing factors to the rise of the Bubonic plague that eventually killed 1/3rd of the population.

Any night time stroll on Bangkok streets, even ones as populous as Sukhumvit will reveal rats skittering around the gutters. I'm sure there would be many more were it not for the stray dog and cat population.

I like the sound of 'a plague of cats'...

then...you look behind the counter in some dive bar and there is a rat as big as a cat...and then things become terribly confused...

and then:

(I actually worked with a guy recently that laughed like that...it was disturbing...but saudi can do that to folks)

Edited by tutsiwarrior