What would you miss about Thailand?

Inspire

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a normal bloke, but I would miss being treated like a rock star over here. Everyone always smiling and fawning over you, special treatment just about every day.

Yup, definitely would miss the "hansum man" moniker which I never get called back in The States, despite my obvious physical assets.

(Right, I'd miss my delusions.)

Edited by Fookhaht

Dave 2 nailed it! I had a beer a few days ago at Big Dog's in Nana Plaza to watch the happenings come and go. All of sudden I heard this bar girl say to this poor guy behind me: What you name, where you come from, what hotel.....bla bla bla. I couldn't take it so moved a few seats away and right into a cloud of cigarette smoke. Didn't even finish my one drink, paid my tab and went back to my apartment. That was the final straw. After three years here on a retirement visa, I am packing it in. Finished. Going back to beautiful Hawaii at the end of my lease in July. I am done here.

Funny.. I went to Soi Cowboy yesterday, for one last look. Just not as entertaining as it was when I moved here 10 years ago. Now, I just tired of the women looking at me for my money. Sweating like heck just walking to the elevator. etc, etc.

My lease ends tomorrow...31st.. Plane takes from Swampy in the evening. One way ticket to San Fran. Then on to Vegas.

Yes, I will miss the women. Never thought I would "sleep" with over a 100 women in my life...but, damn....what memories!!

To the dismay of all the Thai-bashers, I'd miss the people.

I agree....as long as thais do not have to make a choice/stance (to show their human superiority) .......for or against....they are good, helpful and lovable people...

Edited by benalibina

Dave 2 nailed it! I had a beer a few days ago at Big Dog's in Nana Plaza to watch the happenings come and go. All of sudden I heard this bar girl say to this poor guy behind me: What you name, where you come from, what hotel.....bla bla bla. I couldn't take it so moved a few seats away and right into a cloud of cigarette smoke. Didn't even finish my one drink, paid my tab and went back to my apartment. That was the final straw. After three years here on a retirement visa, I am packing it in. Finished. Going back to beautiful Hawaii at the end of my lease in July. I am done here.

Funny.. I went to Soi Cowboy yesterday, for one last look. Just not as entertaining as it was when I moved here 10 years ago. Now, I just tired of the women looking at me for my money. Sweating like heck just walking to the elevator. etc, etc.

My lease ends tomorrow...31st.. Plane takes from Swampy in the evening. One way ticket to San Fran. Then on to Vegas.

Yes, I will miss the women. Never thought I would "sleep" with over a 100 women in my life...but, damn....what memories!!

ONLY 100? Of course, each his own, but I did 100 in my first month.

I'm currently at 10,768......

Before you exit customs at SFO, be sure to stop by the quarantine/clinic to check for any souvenirs that may accompany your 100 memories!

Dave2 needs to nail it in a bit firmer.

Going out to the city and not seeing a single muslim.

You can't have been looking very closely. There are loads of Muslims here.

Not where I live....or they blend in perfectly .

Where do you live?

They don't walk round chanting 'Allah Akbar' with an AK47 over their shoulder. They're just people.

The OP's question is : What would I miss about Thailand ? Not seeing any muslims since coming back from europe in 2014. Back home they are everywhere , each time I go back home , it's gotten worse.

So yes , that is something I would definatly miss about Thailand. ( I live in the north ofcourse , not in Naratiwat/Yala/ Pattani,....)

Mate, 10 years ago you probably looked half decent

What in God's name should girls working in Soi Cowboy really want from you besides your money?

Do you think they actually want some fat, beer-swilling Western dinlo to slip a digit into their bikini bottoms in the middle of a gogo bar?

Yeah, I bet the conversation in teh changing room before their shift starts goes like this:

"Lek, I bet you can't wait for that 150kg German with the safari shorts to slip his rancid tongue into your mouth again tonight."

"Yeah, Nok. That gets me so hot, I just want to go back to his hotel, shag him for free and eventually develop genuine feelings of love for him before going to live happily ever after with him in Wolfsburg

"Lek, I bet you can't wait for that 150kg German with the safari shorts to slip his rancid tongue into your mouth again tonight."

"Yeah, Nok. That gets me so hot, I just want to go back to his hotel, shag him for free and eventually develop genuine feelings of love for him before going to live happily ever after with him in Wolfsburg

I like happy endings :)

Edited by Aussie69

All their annoying personal questions.

Are you telling me you object to the taxi driver asking how much you paid for your condo?

Or the security guard asking you how much you paid for that pineapple in the market and even if you tell him 5 baht he says "oh you pay too much"

Yes, something like that.

A normal five year old kid in falangland doesn't ask that trivial questions, but in LOS I hear them on a daily base and it makes me mad.

I'd certainly miss:

- the people I love there, of course

- the joyful and open people I have at my place, always willing to chat and have fun together

- the morning kouitieow, the best thing to eat for a brunch

- more generally, the Thai food with all its variety (and its being so cheap and easy to find anywhere)

- the 7/11's (try go buying something on a Sunday afternoon in Europe)

- the beaches with lukewarm waters you can swim in for hours

- the fun and incredibly cheap clothing sold everywhere in markets (doesn't last long but who cares at that price?)

- Zeer Rangsit, Panthip and these places that are a giant toy shop for geeks like me (and cheap too!)

Actually I do miss all of this since I'm not an expat anymore and only come a few times per year.

Edited by Lannig

all of that + getting my leg over with amenable girls half my age

In the UK, just pay them, lie them down, put a blanket over their head, then down to business. Edited by possum1931

In the UK, just pay them, lie them down, put a blanket over their head, then down to business.

And you guys wonder why women aren't interested in you back home.

Maybe you could work on your charm a little?

Why did/do you frequent/settle near/into/next to a giant hooker haven ash tray in the first place?

Edited by pgrahmm

Suddenly I feel a bit sick

Why?

l'm with Fairynuff.

l'm in my sixties(no l don't have a beer belly)& am fit.

l see nothing wrong with having affairs with 30 year olds.

l treat them all like Ladies.

Suddenly I feel a bit sick

Why?

l'm with Fairynuff.

l'm in my sixties(no l don't have a beer belly)& am fit.

l see nothing wrong with having affairs with 30 year olds.

l treat them all like Ladies.

My mistake, l agree with eddie61, NOT Fairynuff.

Not enough coffee & me lose'm ting-ting.