If you see this luckless dad and his son - give them a helping hand

rooster59

If you see this luckless dad and his son - give them a helping hand

post-247607-0-48017300-1464487160_thumb.

Image: Daily News

KANCHANABURI: A dad and his son out on their luck tugged at the Thai heartstrings as their story was shared online Saturday.

The Phijit natives were in Kanchanaburi to earn a crust cutting sugar cane but their employer had not paid them and they were broke. In addition the father's wife had left him and dad and his child were left heartbroken.

But a kindly Thai saw their tearful trek, penniless as they attempted to walk back the hundreds of kilometers from Kanchanaburi to Phijit, tired and hungry. Facebook poster "Tik Nuttawut" stopped to enquire about them and ended up giving them a ride to Nakorn Sawan, buying them food and drink and giving them some money to get the rest of the way.

"If you see them show them the true Thai way and give them a hand," said his post on the You Like page.

Comments poured in about "Tik's" true Thai kindness as people wished the father and son all the best.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-29

Great story. Shows that cannot say all Thai men are the same. A caring father.

Thais are just like everyone else.. all those stories about them not being able to love and so on just show that the foreigners mix with the wrong people. We are all human all capable of love and terrible things.

Thais are just like everyone else.. all those stories about them not being able to love and so on just show that the foreigners mix with the wrong people. We are all human all capable of love and terrible things.

Indeed.

A true father and a real caring man never runs out on his family, regardless of race.

What about the cheating employer? Anyone to bring their plight to the attention of the relevant authority and anyone going to call for the employer to be jailed as they did in the posting of the 007 island sex vdo ?

Good caring man/father and as always the mother does the major damage.

Sadly there is another story of one who did not pay him.

An uncaring employer.

Yes a very sad part of the story.It too shows the true character of the father,he goes on with his life and taking care of his son. The son has a very good role model in his father. I wish them luck in the future.

Hope that one day they can "name and shame" the swine who employed them but then refused to pay them.

Takes a high intellect to figure that'll never happen, does it?

An even higher intellect to be a sarcastic a--hole. I know I am being a bit of a hypocrite but seriously why even comment if that is the best you have to offer. Crawl back to your bar stool and back to drooling over the bar girls/prostitutes that have knocked you back.

in spite of the current flatulating government and the jaded and dull witted Thai hi-so's , am in awe of the common Thai's patience and hospitality.

This is a story about one unfortunate, loving dad and his child; about the kindness of a stranger; and about a cruel & brutish employer. I'd say it's more of a human story, and not really a story about Thailand, and shouldn't be an excuse to start a jets vs sharks feud.

What about the cheating employer? Anyone to bring their plight to the attention of the relevant authority and anyone going to call for the employer to be jailed as they did in the posting of the 007 island sex vdo ?

Good caring man/father and as always the mother does the major damage.

Like a quote say." When money walks out at the back door, love runs out at the front door"

Hope that one day they can "name and shame" the swine who employed them but then refused to pay them.

Takes a high intellect to figure that'll never happen, does it?

An even higher intellect to be a sarcastic a--hole. I know I am being a bit of a hypocrite but seriously why even comment if that is the best you have to offer. Crawl back to your bar stool and back to drooling over the bar girls/prostitutes that have knocked you back.

The reply is as ridiculous as you are.

Your buddy is far more sarcastic than I am.

Hope you enjoy the flavour of his spit.

Archived