Another Showdown as Tiger Temple Blocks 1,000 Wildlife Officers

webfact

Another Showdown as Tiger Temple Blocks 1,000 Wildlife Officers
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14645855521464585578l.jpg
Military and National Park Department officers at the Tiger Temple this morning. Photo: Edwin Wiek / Twitter

KANCHANABURI — Conflict was brewing once again at the Tiger Temple this morning when it refused to hand over its tigers to wildlife officials.

Over 1,000 national park officers arrived at the Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi province at around 9am on Monday and as of noon were attempting to negotiate the animals’ removal.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464585552

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-30

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we have 2 famous temples blatantly obstructing government officials from carrying out their duties and defying the law and the courts. WHEN will P get off his butt and actually do something about this. Any other country in the world would have laid siege to these temples and arrested anyone in their way. Only in Thailand can you be so reliant of laws and court orders keep the government from doing their duties. Something must be done about this because it only shows to confirm that if you are Thai. You can resist law and order and do whatever you want without repercussions

After all Buddist monks are not suppose own any wealth, that is the whole principal teachings of Buddhism. It is time for Thailand to declare all the spiritual leaders assets as state assets. Then only they can resolve the issues, like Dhammakiya temple, Tiger temple or any other temple.

This will not happen as there are very powerful vested interests and their political nominees behind all these rich temples.

1000 wildlife officers !!!! Blimey!

I heard there are about 5000 generals in the Thai army.

and thailand got the most competent in charge.

i am not much on thai law, can the police get/need a warrant to act on temple property?

Another 'showdown'? Seriously? This has gone way beyond rediculous.

Time to shut down all these 'rich' temples and seize all their assets, including the assests of all the monks. Everything these monks (and I use that word very very loosly) do has nothing to do with Buddhism. They all shame Thailand, Thai Buddhism,and the Buddha himself by their actions.

And yet again, 'negotiating' with the temple. You cannot negotiate with criminals. All they will do is take advantage. They should have learned that from the 2010 red shirt fiasco. And again, the same scenario is starting to play out at the flying saucer temple.

The military and police are obviously products of the Thai educational system, not to mention the patronage system. Pretty much everybody in this country is unqualified for the positions they hold, which is why the country is in such a mess.

Renewed effort to relocate 137 tigers from Tiger Temple starts with resistance again

tiger-temple-wpcf_728x409.png

KANCHANABURI: -- Relocation of 137 tigers remaining at the Tiger Temple in Sai Yok district of Kanchanaburi this morning was met with resistance again by the temple when its main gate was closed to prevent authorities to enter.

Over a hundred of officials from the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, soldiers, and police were in front of the temple to start the relocation of the big cats this morning.

Leader of the relocation operation Mr Adisorn Nuchdamrong, deputy director of the department tried desperately to negotiate with the temple abbot for peaceful relocation.

But his attempted negotiation failed.

Officials now were seeking order from the court for the relocation action.

He said if they receive Court’s order, then anyone resisting the relocation will face arrest.

He said officials will follow legal procedure in carrying out the relocation.

Officials were camping outside the temple with cages, trucks and some heavy machinery to start the relocation.

Today is the third time that officials will relocate the tigers to new homes in Ratchaburi and Nakhon Pathom.

The first relocation on January 28 had successfully moved five tigers, and on February 23 another five to Khao Pratap Charng and Khao Son wildlife stations in Chom Bung district of Ratchaburi province.

Now 137 others are still at Tiger Temple.

Mr Adisorn said if the temple cooperates, relocation of the 137 tigers will take a week to finish, or 20 tigers a day can be moved to new homes.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165308

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-30

They should dress up as Chinese tourists, roll up in a dozen large motor coaches, visibly display selfie sticks, buy entrance tickets, and then they're in. Herd the cats back onto the buses, what could go wrong.

Now for my solution to the Wat Dhammakaya stand-off...shave head, dress in white...

Edited by mtls2005

It's commonly believed that the Thai Army of 190,000 soldiers has more generals than the US Army of 507,000 soldiers. I used to know the numbers but can't find them now.

Many army generals appear to be unusually rich, and there are persistent allegations of corruption and racketeering, but they are considered untouchable by civilian governments - their reason for this is likely found in their name - the same as the police.

I should redo the numbers really... some of them are interesting, like how many Air Force planes crash and that sort of thing. No real surprises for Thai watchers, but interesting none-the-less.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

I am somewhat surprised that Prayut, with one man rule complete

with re-education camps, cannot handle a few monks. I would be

fascinated to learn who the moneyed elites are who have tapped

into the river of money the tiger temple produces, and how they

are able to keep protecting it.

Life here in Prayuttya increasingly looks like a Laurel and Hardy cum Keystone cops movie. A thousand pen pushers cannot outwit a band of thugs wrapped in saffron robes, so why were there no police or soldiers to deal with the guaranteed confrontation! Oh I forgot, they are all busy lying in wait to arrest 70 year old men giving flowers to "radicals", and cleaning up their monument to past monarchs in Hua Hin! Seems to me that the inmates have taken over the asylum.

and thailand got the most competent in charge.

i am not much on thai law, can the police get/need a warrant to act on temple property?

I don't believe they can, believe they have a lot of protection under various laws? anybody know more?

Thainess, lawless people.

Now, now, these are monks you are talking about. I have another word for them but it would be deleted.

How's Charlatan

Most religious types are, in all religions in my experience. There are undoubtedly some very good and devout people, but they are few and far between in all religions. Oddly, the highest frequency of devout and good people I have found in religions has been in... wait for it... Islam.

Life is very strange sometimes, I guess that megaphone religion, superficial and simplistic religion just drowns out the real value of religions. Weird.

W

I don't know why so many people complain about the present government when as we all know it is the monks that rule Thailand.

The monks in Thailand need to be put in their place and reminded of Buddha's teachings, which very few materialistic monks follow now.

Monks and temples are all about making money ..... BUT for whom ? It most certainly is not for the poor or needy.

The rangers have recently entered the zoo 'temple' grounds and are preparing to remove the 'show' tigers after they've finished performing for the tourists at 3.30 pm ermm.gif This time may very well go ahead as the temple/zoo had asked for 147,444,000 baht for the tigers which presumably was refused. So all about saving tigers and nothing at all to do with the money then coffee1.gif

Edited by dageurreotype