Savanakhet visit.. Wheelchair user needs some info..

Does savanakhet have Car Taxis or is it just vans they have?? .. The reason being the last time I stayed at savan Vegas hotel I couldn't access their bus or a van so they had to send somebody who worked in the Hotel in their car to pick me up.. I can't take my car over the border so this is a big problem for me.. ..

Thanks

One question out of pure interest.

Why can't you take your car over to Laos ? You can get a Car Passport made at the Land transportation office (same place for driving license)

• Like 1

Savannakhet is certainly not easy for wheelchair users. I assume you have a folding wheelchair that can easily go in the back or boot of a car, and the issue is transfer from the wheelchair to the passenger seat of a car. There are some taxis available at the border on the Thai side with vehicle passports though they are pretty expensive. Savan Vegas (while a pretty lousy hotel these days) is one of the few suitable for wheelchair users.

• Like 1

Savannakhet is certainly not easy for wheelchair users. I assume you have a folding wheelchair that can easily go in the back or boot of a car, and the issue is transfer from the wheelchair to the passenger seat of a car. There are some taxis available at the border on the Thai side with vehicle passports though they are pretty expensive. Savan Vegas (while a pretty lousy hotel these days) is one of the few suitable for wheelchair users.

Do you think the Taxis are there everyday?? That would be ok if I knew they where for sure...

Yes stayed at savan Vegas Hotel before but I'm wondering if the Avalon Hotel has ground Floor rooms but can't get no info on that Hotel.. Thanks

• Like 1

The ground floor rooms in Avalon are not really weelchair accessible.As there are some small steps to overcome, also to get into the bathroom there is step and the bathroom is rather small.

Pm Sent

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Although I don't use a wheelchair I have similar problems, I always use the same guy/taxi to take me across. He is very helpful and at times ott, he will wait, help and take you to your destination. Yes it's going to cost you, maybe 1,200, last time I applied for a visa he waited outside the embassy for two hours while my wife sorted out the paperwork. Engine left running, Aircon on I didn't even put in an appearance. All sorted went to hotel and he collected us the next day. He uses a Toyota pickup truck so plenty of room in the back for a wheelchair. Best of luck.

• Like 2