An elderly man arrested for killing a dog for its meat

snoop1130

An elderly man arrested for killing a dog for its meat

138_dog-wpcf_728x409.jpg

A 60-year old man who was seen in the social media of dragging the carcass of a dog with a rope tied to its neck through a road in Ubon Ratchathani’s Phibul Mangsaharn district has been apprehended by police.

The man, identified as Mr Wichien Nonkaew, was taken into police custody from the house of a neighbor in Tambon Phibul, Phibul Mangsaharn district, where he had been hiding since his image with the dead dog was posted in the social media and drew a lot of criticism and condemnation.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165324

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-30

I saw a documentary not so long ago about Thais rounding up stray dogs ramming them all into a caged pick up trucks and selling them to Vietnam.

Why doesn't any one get pinched for that?

I have been to places in Thailand where they eat Dogs, Rats, Snakes, Cats, Geckos, pat ped squirrel is an all time favorite of the locals and almost any form of vermin and insect alike

yet an old man who is starving gets dragged over the coals for it.

Amazing Thailandwai.gif

We have a guy next door that slaughters a pig at least every other day. He's the village butcher. How is what he does, for profit, legal, and what the old man did for sustenance illegal. I have watched them kill the pigs. It isn't any different than what the old man did.

My guess is that the hi-so's no longer want to hear jokes about Thais eating dog when they go abroad.

Where I live it is common practice.

I saw a documentary not so long ago about Thais rounding up stray dogs ramming them all into a caged pick up trucks and selling them to Vietnam.

I have been to places in Thailand where they eat Dogs, Rats, Snakes, Cats, Geckos, pat ped squirrel is an all time favorite of the locals and almost any form of vermin and insect alike

Amazing Thailandwai.gif

They do. If/when caught the dogs are taken to government dog homes to lead a pitiful hungry life as there aren't enough funds.

He was later charged with cruelty against animal which is liable to two years imprisonment and/or 40,000 baht fine.

but he goes around and is still hungry

Can not the hungry man join the orange robe society and get leniency ? Hunger should not be a crime.

...all about payoff...???

...like someone posted....'by the truckload is okay'....

...would like to see some statistics on this 100% employment...

...why is there so much poverty and crime....

My girlfriend, who is Thai, has no use for cats, dogs, and other domestic animals which aren't beasts of burden. She hates them, and believes that they ought to be used for food to feed the poor.

Whenever she reads about or sees video of an animal with which she isn't familiar, her first comment is always, "Wow, that looks delicious! I wonder if it's good to eat?"

No, she isn't overweight.

Amazing Thailandwai.gif

He did not killed the dog because he was starving "but" because the dog refused to obey, it was his own young dog. wai.gif

My girlfriend, who is Thai, has no use for cats, dogs, and other domestic animals which aren't beasts of burden. She hates them, and believes that they ought to be used for food to feed the poor.

Whenever she reads about or sees video of an animal with which she isn't familiar, her first comment is always, "Wow, that looks delicious! I wonder if it's good to eat?"

I was the same way 40 something years ago. I was hungry most of the time when I was growing up in Hong Kong.

Maybe you should be concerned the way she looks at you too whistling.gif

We have a guy next door that slaughters a pig at least every other day. He's the village butcher. How is what he does, for profit, legal, and what the old man did for sustenance illegal. I have watched them kill the pigs. It isn't any different than what the old man did.

My guess is that the hi-so's no longer want to hear jokes about Thais eating dog when they go abroad.

Where I live it is common practice.

People all over the world kill and eat pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, goats, donkeys, horses, fish, all kinds of game birds etc without a problem with the law, so why is a dog so different.

In the UK you can take your children to a petting farm and see the cuddly lambs on Saturday and eat roast lamb on a Sunday.

In Australia I believe that kangaroo is available. In Africa almost any animal or bird is eaten. In China parts of a tiger are highly prized. Reindeer, caribou, crocodiles etc are all the the menu in the world somewhere.

He did not killed the dog because he was starving "but" because the dog refused to obey, it was his own young dog. wai.gif

Doggy Story

Thank you for your undercover work, It added some substinance to this somewhat boring scoop.

People such as yourself should be highly commended for relaying this kind of information to the masse.

Well' done. Keep up the good work !!!

Sounds like a lovely girl to marry...

I believe it says a lot about a person how he/she reacts to and treats animals. Most psychopathic killers recorded and studied in modern history started with animal abuse and torture when they were young to then - later - fry some bigger fish (humans).

You (unless you feel the same as your "girlfriend" about domestic animals) should reconsider your relationship, given what you wrote is true and not a joke. I don't envy you, not at all!!!! sad.png

You were joking, right? F#### man, tell me that's not true! How can you possibly live with such a cold-hearted person??? This one really got me...

Edited by MockingJay

He was later charged with cruelty against animal which is liable to two years imprisonment and/or 40,000 baht fine.

but he goes around and is still hungry

Can not the hungry man join the orange robe society and get leniency ? Hunger should not be a crime.

He might be honest and not welcome.