First a python - now this in a lady's loo!

webfact

2.jpg
Image: Daily News

SAMUT SONGKRAM: -- Following last week's attack on a man's privates by a three metre python in a toilet comes news of a new bathroom critter .

This time it wasn't a snake but a water monitor come to say hello in a lady's loo as she prepared to do her business reported Daily News.

Sirinthip Siangkaew only saw the creature's tail and thought it must be a snake so she called in the Sawang Benjatham foundation to help. They were cautious but quickly realized that it was not a snake but what the Thais refer to politely as "tua ngern tua thong" or the silver and gold one, a one foot long baby water monitor.

Sirinthip, the former president of the Rotary Club of Samut Songkram, said that the family had usually been able to flush unwelcome guests down the pan but after last week's attacked hospitalized a man she decided to call in the animal catchers to be sure. "We shall have to find a way to stop the creatures getting in after this, "she said.

The monitor was kindly released back into the wild perhaps thankful himself to be out of harm's way...

Thais have a love hate relationship with the water monitor. It's more common name is one of the rudest swear words in the Thai language. Some people believe that using its polite name will bring good fortune.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-31

^^^ similar but the skin pattern is water monitor, funny thais don't like them... in the U.S. they have become popular pets, they get big fat lazy and very dog like, tame easily if you start young.

Edited by daoyai

It's more common name is one of the rudest swear words in the Thai language

For academic reasons only, I'd like to know what its common name is in Thai coffee1.gif

Typical bizarre Thai thinking, to refer to a person as this animal it is a serious insult but when one is discovered everyone wants to touch it for good luck. I caught several young ones in a 2 day period near my house and the locals were trying to read lucky numbers out of the markings on the lizards tail. My caretaker (in pic) says he saw the "mom" while I was out a few days later.

post-200208-0-83741200-1464661391_thumb.

It's more common name is one of the rudest swear words in the Thai language

For academic reasons only, I'd like to know what its common name is in Thai coffee1.gif

Typical bizarre Thai thinking, to refer to a person as this animal it is a serious insult but when one is discovered everyone wants to touch it for good luck. I caught several young ones in a 2 day period near my house and the locals were trying to read lucky numbers out of the markings on the lizards tail. My caretaker (in pic) says he saw the "mom" while I was out a few days later.

attachicon.gifCIMG6767.jpg

Lucky number 69

Sirinthip, the former president of the Rotary Club of Samut Songkram, said "We shall have to find a way to stop the creatures getting in after this, "

Easy don't flush your turd until ready to deposit next one. Nothing can enter the toilet, except maybe a dung beetle.

Funny looking water monitor, looks more like a baby crocodile

They do look a bit like a baby crocodile! Here is a photo of one I took this morning when it roamed around our garden. They lose the pretty markings as they get older, much like fawns do.

post-207362-0-31015400-1464700687_thumb.