Serious Injury At The Pattaya Tunnel Construction Site

webfact

Serious Injury At The Pattaya Tunnel Construction Site
Story by Vanessa Saenngarm

p.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Cambodian worker had his leg crushed by a fallen iron pole.

On 31 May 2016 Sawangboriboon Rescue Team rushed to the tunnel underpass construction site in Central Pattaya, Banglamung, Chonburi, after receiving a call that an iron pole had fallen on a worker.

When they arrived at the scene, they found Mr. San See, 36 yr old Cambodian worker, seriously injured with his lower left leg crushed and crying in agony.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224755/serious-injury-pattaya-tunnel-construction-site/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-01

If they had safety being enforced it may still happen but the site would overall be a lot safer than it is now. I was watching some guys on a site recently. They wore hard hats but had running shoes on. I know you can get safety shoes that look like running shoes but these were not them before anyone says anything.

The trouble is the company does not issue the workers with safety equipment they have to buy their own which is ridiculous. So much needs fixing here you wouldnt know were to begin

If they plan on having the normal Sukumvit traffic traveling above that tunnel I would of thought the concrete slab ( roof ) would have been a bit thicker..all those overloaded lorries sat in a jam will put enormous loads on the roof.

Lets hope he can get free treatment in the public hospital , most Thais only pay 30 baht . But he is a Cambodian so probably in big trouble now.

If they plan on having the normal Sukumvit traffic traveling above that tunnel I would of thought the concrete slab ( roof ) would have been a bit thicker..all those overloaded lorries sat in a jam will put enormous loads on the roof.

Will be fine when filled with water

cant compress a liquid, safe as houses

( outside Thailand that is ). giggle.gif

Hope the guy recovers.

Thailand HSE capital of Asia , Not

Edited by onemorechang