Extension of dependent visa "O"

Hi,

I (Indian) am working in Thailand with a valid work permit (valid till DEC 2016) and my wife have category O dependent visa (90 days validity, valid till AUG 2016).

How can I renew/extend the visa validity same as in my work permit?

How long will it take to get it renewed, because we are planning to go back home on AUG 5 and her visa ends AUG 12

If you have an extension of stay based upon working that you got at immigration your wife can get an extension as your dependent.

The application can be done during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry she has. They are approved on the same day the application is done.

You would need re-entry permits to keep your extensions valid when you make your trip.

If you got your extension at Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration your wife can apply for hers there.

How long you are at the office to apply for it depends upon how busy they are. Pattaya immigration may have you return the next day to pick up her passport.

The fee for the extension is 1900 baht.

She will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Copies of her passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

Your marriage certificate plus a copy. If not in English it must be translated to Thai and certification of the translation done by the consular affairs department of the MFA. They may also want your marriage certificate certified by your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and extension of stay stamp. A copy of your work permit may also be needed. A letter from your company stating your are still working for them.

• 11 months later...
6 minutes ago, AbdullahAdil2810 said:

have you tried extending the visa. Are the above mentioned documents enough to extend family visa

Not sure you will get an answer from the OP since this topic is about a year old.

Those are what is required to get and extension of stay as a dependent of a person that has an extension of stay at an immigration office.

If you work for a decent company, they should do all the paperwork for you, including your wife.

I had several work permits, once a year I went to BOI with our HR staff and as they did all the paperwork for me, I only had to 'show my face' and sign all the papers.

For the 90 days day's I signed some document so that HR could do the 90 days on my behalf.

In my opinion it should not be on your plate....

1 hour ago, AbdullahAdil2810 said:

Will there be a any language problem at immigration office.

At immigration offices that handle a lot of expats and tourists, there will always be someone with decent English. If dealing with an immigration office out in the sticks somewhere, all bets are off.

There must be hundreds of postings from members who all had the same question like you so browse the board and look what they all needed for documents

Unfortunately I have a NON-Immigrant O based on family so I can't help you.

Most Immigration officers will speak more or less English so language should not be the problem, the correct papers with the correct dates and stamps are the real problem!

Edited by Cloggie