New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

If the vote goes to leave will be an economic disaster can only see the UK going into an open ended recession

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTSE futures called massively up this morning and sterling cable on a tear as risk of BREXIT reverses.

Not to rain on your parade, but dollar weakness (against almost all of the world's traded currencies)

is largely the reason for the rise in cable today.

This is not to say that any recent swing toward Remain has not played any part, but the effect would

have been small.

FTSE, DAX and CAC40 are similarly higher today, on Dollar weakness.

FTSE, DAX and CAC40 are higher today on BRexit weakness!

European stocks surged higher at the open on Monday as declining fears of a Brexit vote buoy global market sentiment, sterling and oil prices.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/20/europe-rallies-as-brexit-concerns-decline.html

Edited by Naam

FTSE futures called massively up this morning and sterling cable on a tear as risk of BREXIT reverses.

The murder of the MP will be viewed as the defining point of the campaign.

There are plenty of undecideds out there but now they are coming around to the yes side.

The optics of it are that a no vote rewards murderous bigoted little englanders and their cheer squads. Most people don't want to be one of those.

Game over, referendum lost for the brexit crew.

I believe that you may possibly be right regarding what you have said in your first sentence.

It is unfortunate, but the Remainians will use what happened to Jo Cox by a deranged psychopath in the thrall of

Nazism, and try to convince the public at large that anyone supporting Brexit falls somewhere in the same ambit.

Decent and right-minded British citizens will want to show how appalled they are by what happened, and perhaps

be swayed by the (sometimes not so subtle) Propaganda of the "in" campaign, and cast a vote accordingly.

Listening to bbc podcasts reporting on the vote they roughly concluded , old uneducated -- tend to vote leave, young ish educated vote stay, looking back at this thread seems about right.

A shortage caused because people wanted a living wage. . My starting wage was not much lower than his final wage when a massive heart attack put an end to his work.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Inflation had a lot to do with this. I'm from the generation that saw massive inflation and wonderful company pension schemes. Of course, they've all gone now and everyone is blaming anything other than the 'powers' to whose advantage it was to get rid of these schemes sad.png . Blame the Brit. govt. (rather than the EU) for this.
60s RPI about 3% average. I do remember being dragged from 1 end of town to the other, because mum had seen an item 0.5d cheaper at one supermarket. Repeat until shopping done, then stand on the bus ride home for an hour. Shopping taking about 6 hours. It left me with a life time hatred of shopping. Dad did jobs on the side so we had a decent Christmas and a week in Scarborough, or Blackpool every year. Spending money courtesy of the church choir. Voice like an angel, I could have sung at York Minster.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Edited by Mosha

FTSE, DAX and CAC40 are higher today on BRexit weakness! Posted by Naam.

I am astonished that an worldly person like yourself would fall into the trap of believing hyped up

nonsense by the media - be it the print media or CNBC.

If there is nothing newsworthy or controversial, the media will attempt to create it (and, often, falsify it).

There is an axiom in the publishing world, "if it bleeds, it leads"!

I liked this, a comment in the event of Brexit:

"it's not very often you get to watch a country commit suicide, a true pied piper moment, then we can revert to being a flag waving, morris dancing little island and exchange fish and chip recipes with each other - we didn't get subsumed, we showed 'em!"

If the vote goes to leave will be an economic disaster can only see the UK going into an open ended recession

No such thing as an open-ended recession - your vision is impaired.

Oh good, another 'scare' comment....

I've no idea either way and will have mixed feeling at either result - but I HATE the scare tactics.

Listening to bbc podcasts reporting on the vote they roughly concluded , old uneducated -- tend to vote leave, young ish educated vote stay, looking back at this thread seems about right.

Yes, anyone not happy with the EU is old and uneducated laugh.png . Try arguing the points, rather than your own biases...

I am astonished that an worldly person like yourself would fall into the trap of believing hyped up

If there is nothing newsworthy or controversial, the media will attempt to create it (and, often, falsify it).

i am an investor with my fingers at the pulse of the markets most of the time, usually do not care what the media says but form my own opinion based on facts, experience and intuition.

today i used the Bloomberg comments for those who don't know my background.

Oh good, another 'scare' comment....

I've no idea either way and will have mixed feeling at either result - but I HATE the scare tactics.

scare tactics have been and are still used by both parties!

"it's not very often you get to watch a country commit suicide, a true pied piper moment, then we can revert to being a flag waving, morris dancing little island and exchange fish and chip recipes with each other - we didn't get subsumed, we showed 'em!"

And yet another scare comment rolleyes.gif . Argue your opinions, not stupid comments!

i am an investor with my fingers at the pulse of the markets most of the time, usually do not care what the media says but form my own opinion based on facts, experience and intuition.

I was not trying to be disrespectful, but your post indicated that you are easily swayed by headlines in the media.

I am also a trader, and, whilst taking note of what I see or hear in the media, I use a very strong "filter" before I accept their

commentary as "fact". My style of trading does not depend on what the media say.

Do I care about your 'qualifications' - no I do not.

Having had to work with some idiots with a degree (how have standards fell so low?), and also some idiots that were uneducated, I've no time for the stupid - educated or uneducated when they come out with their 'opinions'.

As to how the market will fall either way - its a guessing game. Only time will tell.

I was not trying to be disrespectful, but your post indicated that you are easily swayed by headlines in the media.

I am also a trader, and, whilst taking note of what I see or hear in the media, I use a very strong "filter" before I accept their

commentary as "fact". My style of trading does not depend on what the media say.

Sounds like a la-la-la filter as far as today's markets are concerned.blink.png

There are plenty of undecideds out there but now they are coming around to the yes side.

The optics of it are that a no vote rewards murderous bigoted little englanders and their cheer squads. Most people don't want to be one of those.

You ain't a Brit are you...?

Does it matter?

Where does it say one must be a Brit to understand politics?

Some people reminds me of a friend from London i have here.
He made his money with stock options in the money market.
He pays no UK taxes, has stashed his money in Switzerland and live quite fine here in Thailand.

He hates the EU, which currently make massive pressure on the Swiss banks to identify black money accounts.

Clear that he is pro Brexit.

Do I care about your 'qualifications' - no I do not.

Having had to work with some idiots with a degree (how have standards fell so low?), and also some idiots that were uneducated, I've no time for the stupid - educated or uneducated when they come out with their 'opinions'.

As to how the market will fall either way - its a guessing game. Only time will tell.

do i care about your irrelevant blah-blah? no i do not laugh.png

please use reading glasses. i thought i made it quite clear that my investment decisions are not based on media comments.

As far as I can make out those that wish to remain rely on scare tactics - as per Cameron, Osborne and financial institutions.

The brexit crew largely care about soveriegnty.

Having no time for either argument, it will be an interesting to see whether this changes anything when it comes to the over-paid and empire-building of bureaucrats.

Depressing if voters are unable to see beyond the odd nutter. I doubt they are that stupid, but suspect they will be concerned about stability (the devil you know) and so will vote to keep the status quo.

I was careful to use the word 'optics'.

The odd nutter he may have well have been, but his paranoia was fueled by a dialogue which if not overtly xenophobic, certainly dog whistles it very well.

At the end of the day, most decision making in an election is emotional. You wouldn't run 'scare campaigns' if they didn't work at shifting votes.

If you wanted a real life scare campaign that backfires, this was it.

The bexiters may not like it, I certainly abhor scare tactics, but what I wrote was simply a clinical disection of what is now happening.

He pays no UK taxes, has stashed his money in Switzerland and live quite fine here in Thailand.

He hates the EU, which currently make massive pressure on the Swiss banks to identify black money accounts.

Not sure why? Switzerland bank accounts have largely been left alone as have all off-shore bank accounts.

You ain't a Brit are you...?

Does it matter?

Where does it say one must be a Brit to understand politics?

Because if you ain't a Brit you do not understand us, our country, how we live from day to day....Our thoughts....Same as I perhaps would not understand your countries stuff...........

Spoken like a true little englander then...

Politics is politics. That is the only requirement.

The guy who ran who ran the successful election campaigns for the Tory's and Boris Johnson as mayor was a fellow named Lynton Crosby.

Google him and let me know where he comes from.

Edited by kiwiaussie

Spoken like a true little englander then...

Politics is politics. That is the only requirement.

The guy who ran who ran the successful election campaigns for the Tory's and Boris Johnson as mayor was a fellow named Lynton Crosby.

Google him and let me know where he comes from.

I agree, its all politics - nothing will change apart from the Brit. govt. being given a licence to cut back on those benefits paid to poor Brits. The EU is also likely to collapse in the event of Brexit, as the populations of ther countries will demand a 'leave' referendum too and - the EU will have lost a major contributor to the wasteful coffers.

Not sure why? Switzerland bank accounts have largely been left alone as have all off-shore bank accounts.

http://www.badische-zeitung.de/kommentare-1/ende-der-geheimnisse-schweiz-und-eu-tauschen-kontodaten-aus--105430177.html

End of secrets: Switzerland and EU exchange account information from

For years, Swiss and EU have quarreled about the cooperation in the prosecution of tax evasion - while there were misunderstandings en masse, as Franz Schmider accounted.

Switzerland and the European Union have signed the agreement for the automatic exchange of bank data on Wednesday. This ends a years of dispute over the cooperation in the prosecution of tax evasion - and a phase of misunderstandings.

From 2018 received the European tax authorities insight into the accounts of German citizens in Swiss banks. So are the ways to improve, to identify tax evaders and to convict. Switzerland's banking secrecy is thus finally fallen.

And also right to inspection for all EU members countrys.

Edited by tomacht8

And yet another scare comment rolleyes.gif . Argue your opinions, not stupid comments!

........ or page after page after page of stupid cartoons and right wing propaganda slogans and pictures!!!

left alone? gigglem.gif

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&as_q=swiss+banks+fines&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

Edited by Naam