Army doctor faulted for illegally issuing doctor’s certificate for Dhammachayo

webfact

An army doctor is faulted for illegally issuing doctor’s certificate for Dhammachayo

0206002-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The deputy director of Panurangsee military hospital in Ratchaburi was faulted for issuing a doctor’s certificate to Phra Dhammachayo to prove his sickness despite the fact that the monk has never been treated at the hospital.

Maj-Gen Chavalit Pongpitak, commander of the 16th army circle, disclosed on Thursday that internal findings had faulted Lt-Col Siripong Pattanathanapisut, deputy director of Panurangsee hospital, for illegally issuing a medical certificate for Dhammachayo which was deemed a disciplinary violation.

He, however, said that punitive action had not been meted out yet against Lt-Col Siripong until findings from the Medical Council and the Department of Special Investigation regarding the same matter are out.

The general pointed out that the abbot had never been treated at the army hospital and, therefore, the use of the hospital’s form of medical certificate to certify the conditions of the abbot was a breach of the regulation.

As for the abbot’s actual health conditions, he said that this was the matter of the Medical Council and the DSI to find out.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165833

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-03

You really really can't make this stuff up.

This saga is worth a mini series at least.

Flying saucer temple manned by some crazy cult holding off a police force an army.

Throw in corruption fraud another mad monk calling for another monk to be disrobed.

All we need is some love interest to top all this off.x

Edited by The stuttering parrot

Now that's a shocker that an army doctor will falsify medical certificate to protect a revered monk,

those abbots can will many followers to do and say what ever the want to be said and done,

Instead of pussy footing around a monk who defies the order of the authorities, make a plan

to bring this shameful situation to amicable endings, and the sooner the better......

I wonder the size of the brown envelope that certificate cost?

What sort of moron would do such a thing thinking the fact the monk has never been treated at the hospital would never come out? Or, was he confident that, even if it did come out, no punitive action would be taken?

What sort of moron would do such a thing thinking the fact the monk has never been treated at the hospital would never come out? Or, was he confident that, even if it did come out, no punitive action would be taken?

I am in agreement 100%, an army doctor doing such a thing is beyond belief.

Must have received a big envelope to jepadise his career, thinking it would not come to light that the monk was never treated at the hospital.

Sometimes, actually quite often the articles I read on Thai Visa makes me wonder if I'm reading the joke section or the funny comic section in a newspaper in some parallel Universe.

Faulted Illegally Issued now will we ever hear the word Punished and will it be suitable and appropriate ?

This isn't just illegally using an official army form it's helping in a Perversion of the Course of Justice.but what's the chance it will be seen or held as being such ?

Maybe the doctor didn't accept a bribe but acted out of being a ' true believer ' in which case a lot of govt agencies should be thinking how many such people do we have ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

What about the DSI meeting out a criminal charges or 2 to that doctor for falsifying government documents and aiding a suspected criminal in avoiding justice? But then, he is an army doctor and doubtful that the anything more than a slap on the wrist will happen.

He was probably relying on the word of a civilian Docter, either should not have gotten involved. I respect Bhuddism, but not so much the way some Thai's use the system.

68 years of life and 11 years in Thailand have taught me two things, respect nothing, believe nothing.

I would imagine besides the big envelope, he was also promised reincarnation in some kingly realm.

more like, 'birds of a feather...', the army and the monks are all on the same side and it's a nice little earner.

Edited by soalbundy

Did anybody see any specific mention of whether the army doctor actually visited the monk at the temple?

Or did the army doctor just issue the certificate (breaking regulations) on the hearsay or others or the spoken or written word of other doctors employed at the temple complex?

Doesn't make any difference, the army doctor has broken the regulations, just trying to get a clear picture.

Edited by scorecard

Looks like the abbot corrupted the Lieutenant Colonel. Now, what does an abbot have that could entice a lt.col.? Can't be material, sexual... it has to be spiritual: a guarantee to become Prime Minister in his next reincarnation. I'm sure of it! whistling.gif

He was probably relying on the word of a civilian Docter, either should not have gotten involved. I respect Bhuddism, but not so much the way some Thai's use the system.

So wonder how the army doctor is now feeling about the whole episode.

Earlier reports indicate he is a senior doctor and knew well that he was breaking regulations.

Strange stuff.

What Thai is not for sale ?

I think most of what is avaliable has been sold more than once. Is there no limit to the number of times a item, individual, scam etc be sold? How long before you run

out of people who fall for the same old scams?

To answer your question...honesty

Flying saucer temple manned by some crazy cult holding off a police force an army.

Throw in corruption fraud another mad monk calling for another monk to be disrobed.

It deserves a movie, or at least a mini series

The love interest is the common thread in most of these Temple Soaps - the love of money.

Definitely the latter.

Faulted Illegally Issued now will we ever hear the word Punished and will it be suitable and appropriate ?

This isn't just illegally using an official army form it's helping in a Perversion of the Course of Justice.but what's the chance it will be seen or held as being such ?

Maybe the doctor didn't accept a bribe but acted out of being a ' true believer ' in which case a lot of govt agencies should be thinking how many such people do we have ?

A brown envelope from a monk, HARDLY.

It is more logical that it is a brown envelope to a monk.

But in this case being Thailand with its State Religion Theravada Buddhism it will be a case of one believer tapping another believer - the Thai Army Dr. - to compiled the Official Medical Letter.

But now they're between a rock and a hard place, being the State Religion whichever way they turn it will be another believer.

The pathetic part is that Theravada- is the more strict than the Mahayana-Buddhism which its origin with Buddha. Theravada originates from Ceylon now Sri Lanka and from there spread to Burma, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Looking around the world the more religiosity the more corruption because they all think they're the cat's pajamas.

Well, LOL in LOS

No, the common thread is the lack of Buddhist principles. But Buddhism is pretty unobtainable anyway, being based on renunciation, which goes against human nature. Christianity, on the other hsnd, is based on atonement, a much more reachable target.