Neighboring Country that doesnt have full page entry visa

Hi All

Ive just got my 5th Non Imm O marriage visa for another 12 months

My passport is getting low on available pages so I cannot really afford to visit a country that uses a full passport page for its visa, such as Laos and Vietnam.

I am trying to understand if there is a neighboring country that just uses a passport stamp (like an on arrival 30 day tourist visa in thailand) so I can manage the passport better over the next twelve months (it will expire mid 2017 so I know I need to replace it and get another visa at that time)

I know I could travel back to Australia to achieve my plan but would rather travel closer than that.

Cheers

Chris

If you hold a UK passport, you can enter Vietnam for 15 days with no visa. You will get only entry & exit stamps on your passport. I did it in December.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Vietnam#Visa_exemption

Also, you can enter Burma with an eVisa (no sticker)

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

Your best (and cheapest) bet is Malaysia.

• Like 1

Supporting #2, #5.

Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

Cheap (cheapest I bet!) convenient flight from Don Mueang and other airports.

Easy doable in one day.

No visa fee. Simple stamp.

Where do you live?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just apply for a new passport from the Australian embassy in Bangkok,

The problem will only occur again

Exactly! The new AU passport will take under 10 working days. Also he should of obtained one prior to his extension. Now will have to go to immigration to transfer stamp. Note for people that travel often you can obtain au pp with extra pages. Cost more but worth it.

If you hold a UK passport, you can enter Vietnam for 15 days with no visa. You will get only entry & exit stamps on your passport. I did it in December.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Vietnam#Visa_exemption

Also, you can enter Burma with an eVisa (no sticker)

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/

Your best (and cheapest) bet is Malaysia.

Australia, New Zealand and Canada might be given visa-free access from 1 July 2016

Hi

Sorry Im in Hua Hin

You can do a crossing at Ban Phu Nom Ron in Kanchanaburi without needing a visa sticker to enter Myanmar since you a have a valid visa for re-entry to the country.

A few months back i was planning to do the Kanchanaburi border crossing. However if you do not have your own transport not necessarily that easy. I found one company that offered a minivan service but as they had no other customers it would have worked out a very expensive service.

Malaysia no visa is required. Myanmar no visa just a stamp for a border pass.

Cambodia you can get a e-visa so no big visa sticker. See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Hope you don't mind me adding that you will also see hits on other sites when you search.

If they are charging more than 37 dollars it's a rip-off.

Some want as much as 90 dollars.

The OFFICIAL site charges $40 for the Cambodian Evisa ($37 + $3 cc fee)

you can get a online Pre approved Myanmar visa for $50

Malaysia, Singapore, only a stamp

Hi

Sorry Im in Hua Hin

You can do a crossing at Ban Phu Nom Ron in Kanchanaburi without needing a visa sticker to enter Myanmar since you a have a valid visa for re-entry to the country.

A few months back i was planning to do the Kanchanaburi border crossing. However if you do not have your own transport not necessarily that easy. I found one company that offered a minivan service but as they had no other customers it would have worked out a very expensive service.

So in hua hin, there is no visa run or border run companies or tour companies doing those border runs regularly? That's odd for a tourist destination.

What do foreigners in hua hin normally do when they need to go to the border?

Hi

Sorry Im in Hua Hin

So in hua hin, there is no visa run or border run companies or tour companies doing those border runs regularly? That's odd for a tourist destination.

What do foreigners in hua hin normally do when they need to go to the border?

I think there might of been runs at one time to Ban Phu Nam Ron but since it has been open but it has closed and reopened a couple times. It is open now but only if you have a valid visa for re-entry. No crossing for a new visa exempt entry are not allowed.

I think there may be organized runs to Ranong from Hua Hin.

Not sure about Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi, i was actually in Kanchanaburi. Maybe worth exploring from HH.

There is a bus that goes to the border every day from the main bus terminal. I think it leaves Kan around 10 am and leaves the border to return around 2 pm.