3BB. New connection came and left - now what ?

Ooladolla

Hi,

Signed up with 3BB , they came to run the wire to the room. Said we lived 600 metres from main road and wanted 7500 baht more as it was over 1/2 km. Said no to that . Rang them a few times nothing's happened and no help each time we call.

QUESTION:

How hard is it to get my money back so I can use TRUE MOVE instead ?

Where and how did you get the (first) quote and pay?

Do you have a document with a cost estimation and a receipt about the paid amount?

I don't think you can get far with phone calls.

If you read the faq well you should have known that.

There might be an additional expense such as the drop wire excluded from the package. Prior to the installation, the technician will check and notify the customer of the additional expense before the process with customers’ acknowledgement. The expense will be calculated and included in the next month statement. The technician won’t collect any money.

If not only a matter of getting your money back, but as you signed a 1 year contract they might hold you to that.

Edited by sniffdog

Just go back to where you signed up or a 3BB Customer Service Center with your original signup documentation/receipt.

Your OP implies you paid some amount (a little or lot you didn't specify the amount) and then you refused the hookup on installation day because of the extra Bt7500 you would need to pay.

To connect my house to the fiber optic network they needed to use 1000 meters of FTTx cable and nobody said anything about extra money....

No extra but not "for free"?

The cost for such installation is easy reaching a 5 digit value.

So either initial installation cost or worked into the contract.

To the OP: what have you paid so far?

Same idea like previous post:

probably you have paid the standard installation cost incl. access point WITHOUT the cost for the individual line.

A sum in the 2xxx range?

Edited by KhunBENQ

The upfront fee is the deposit of the router and 1 or 6 months (depending if the contract holder is foreign or Thai). For fiber I paid 3000 baht + 1200 baht + 7% vat. Altogether 4284 baht.

Edited by sniffdog

Go back to the 3BB office and ask for your money back they should have told you in advance that there was a 7,500 baht extra charge ( if its not a scam from the installers )

I paid 1.600 Baht for 560 meter 3BB fiberoptic cable, and I was informed before puting up the line.

Edited by maxisrael

To connect my house to the fiber optic network they needed to use 1000 meters of FTTx cable and nobody said anything about extra money....

probably you have paid the standard installation cost incl. access point WITHOUT the cost for the individual line.

A sum in the 2xxx range?

No extra cost for mine either. At least 1000 m and only the standard 1200 baht a month

A sum in the 2xxx range?

Actual the installation was free, I pay 1200 THB (plus 7% tax) per month for my 100Mbps/10Mbps fiber optic connection, I did not paid a penny (baht) more... (contract one year)

Bull ... You paid a deposit for the router.

Also didn't pay any deposit for the router. They give me a Huawei EchoLife HG8045A combi-router (including WIFI and 4 port Ethernet). The only thing I needed to do was sign for receiving the router, which was delivered by motorcycle courier, the same day the install technician called to make an appointment for installation, two days later a pickup truck with 2 guys came early morning and before lunch we had Internet by fiber optic...