No more the 3 Visas in a Passport allowed anymore?

I just had a conversation with a visa agent/office. May be the information i gt is bs. But who knows.

1. I got told, a new rule allows only up to 3 visas in one passport. For instance 2 SETV and 1 ED Visa. After that, need a new passport for must go to the home country fo get another one.

2. If someone with ED visa don't attend the class, the immigration office will likely ask for another 5000 or 6000 Baht for the extension.

I know, ask 10 visa agents and you get 10 different answer. However, may be someone know more details about this, in case, it's true.

1. Not true. But limits do exists at individual Embassies/Consulates.

2. Maybe. Corruption exists. But the person could also be denied another extension by a law abiding IO.

Edited by elviajero

It's most likely misinformation from the agent. Some are currently advertising ED solutions, so they do have an interest in people opting for those.

Edited by lkv

"1. I got told, a new rule allows only up to 3 visas in one passport. For instance 2 SETV and 1 ED Visa. After that, need a new passport for must go to the home country fo get another one"

WHO provided this appallingly bad and incorrect advice ?

Seems like you are keen on spreading untruthful Rumour.

"1. I got told, a new rule allows only up to 3 visas in one passport. For instance 2 SETV and 1 ED Visa. After that, need a new passport for must go to the home country fo get another one"

Be fair johnatong! The OP made it very clear that he was asking a question. He even said "May be the information i gt is bs. But who knows."

Surely one of the major purposes of this forum is to ask about such rumours and get them quashed quickly.

To be fair the Rumour seems to have been effectively squashed !

Be fair johnatong! The OP made it very clear that he was asking a question. He even said "May be the information i gt is bs. But who knows."

Surely one of the major purposes of this forum is to ask about such rumours and get them quashed quickly.

To be fair the Rumour seems to have been effectively squashed !

Quashed AND squashed - Wow - this forum is good! clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

sounds like another nonsense post .......................similar to the one about only 3 retirement extensions being granted in Udon Thani office which I personally know to be rubbish as I just got my third extension yesterday and NO mention about any limit or changes to previous rules.

Oh and NO personal information form as has been mentioned from some other offices.

Agree, sad that rude people are bringing this forum down

Considering I have a ten year passport that would bean awfully short sighted arbitrary number

even for Thailand's immigration department rules. So I call BS. Also I have more than three

such visas in my passports. whistling.gif

Why do people use a visa office???

Because some create "solutions" not readily available to the general public. Let's put it that way.

And some create problems not normally faced by the general (farang) public.

• Like 1

Why do people use a visa office???

Often they can get you an appointment for a visa extension so for a fee they save you many hours of time.

When you are working and have a family saving time is very important.

You can save much more than the cost of their service.

Not true in my case.

i have more than that number in a series of tourist visas fron Vientianne, Penang, and Savannakhet in the last 4 yeqrs in my passport right now.

And they are all legal, no cheating on any.

It is possible to do, but it takes a little work to get it done.

Different Thai consulates have different rules..

One difference.....I have never used an "ED visa"

Also there is no need to go home to your home country for a new passport....at least for U.S. citizens....a new passport can be obtained in the U.S. embassy in Thailand....just pay the fee and apply for a new visa.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Questioned at the airport

When I recently arrived at the airport (from Australia) at BKK I was questioned for the first time concerning the nature of my visit.

The officer stated that I had several stamps in my passport and that I required a valid reason to enter on this occasion. She purported that I was eligable to stay in Thailand for a maximum of 6 months in an one year period (visa free). In other words when she allotted all my entries over the last 12 months it amounted to a total of 8 months.

I informed her that I was going onto Malaysia for vacation and would be staying for only a short stay (fabrication). The ongoing ticket was requested but clearly I didn't have one. She punched away at her screen and with a huff exclaimed "get a visa next time".

I remained in Pattaya for the month and was successful at securing a further 30 day extension at the local office.

Maybe I stand corrected but surely regular visits to Soi 6 represent a respectable and valid reason for visiting the Kingdom!

G

Penang consulate has always had a limit of 3 visas and then no chance of a repeat. Just saying, if it helps the OP out.

3 in a row? What if I have three and then come back 5 years later will it be refused?

Penang consulate has always had a limit of 3 visas and then no chance of a repeat. Just saying, if it helps the OP out.

3 in a row? What if I have three and then come back 5 years later will it be refused?

It is normally only serial back to back requests that are refused. In your scenario a visa would likely be issued.

• Like 2