question about booking.com cancellation

davidst01

we booked a hotel via booking.com and its now past the date for a free date change. It says that if we change the date there will be a 3700 baht fee. I called the hotel direct and they said that they will change the dates as we want and that we should not worry about the booking.com issue. Is this correct?

If we do nothing on booking.com will it all be sorted and will they not charge my credit card?

thanks

Your credit card will be deducted in anyway, whether you go there or not, it's a done deal,

if you can get the hotel to change the date of you're arrival that you're a winner coz

usually they don't, all you have to do now is make sure that the hotel keeps it's promise...

If the hotel marks our booking as a 'no show' does this mean I will still get hit with the penalty? They are ok to change the date for me.

Also, theres an option to change the credit card. I thought perhaps I could change it to an old 'travel card' (visa) that has no money on it. It will reject in their system as I think the card is no good anymore and it certainly doesn't have any money on it.

Edited by davidst01

The booking, no-show and cancellation conditions are all laid down by the hotel. Booking.com do not have the facility to charge your credit card. They simply provide those CC details to the hotel for charging your CC according to whether their booking, no-show and cancellation conditions permit that.

Therefore, if the hotel says that they will change the date of stay at no extra charge, get that promise in an email from them and you should be fine. The hotel shouldn't have to inform booking.com of all this, unless the room rate for your new rate of stay is less than the room rate for your original date of stay, (because the hotel has to pay commission to booking.com according to the room rate that is charged).

Booking.com not get any payment from you.

Only hotel can dedact from you card.

If Hotel give you mail can changed with out any penalty no problem. even they dedact you can in bank canceled this is payment and show mail from Hotel.

But for be sure Hotel NOT charged from your card

you call to Booking .com and ask boking.com call to hotel and fixed it.

Also, theres an option to change the credit card. I thought perhaps I could change it to an old 'travel card' (visa) that has no money on it. It will reject in their system as I think the card is no good anymore and it certainly doesn't have any money on it.

You mean cheat them, correct? I imagine they thought of this.

Just call booking.com, explain the issue, tell them that the hotel has confirmed it is no problem to change/. Booking.com then call the hotel to confirm while you hold the line and once approved by the hotel, they update their system. It is really simple, I did it recently for a booking in scotland where I booked the wrong date and it was a cheapo deal with no cancellation allowed.

The booking, no-show and cancellation conditions are all laid down by the hotel. Booking.com do not have the facility to charge your credit card. They simply provide those CC details to the hotel for charging your CC according to whether their booking, no-show and cancellation conditions permit that.

Therefore, if the hotel says that they will change the date of stay at no extra charge, get that promise in an email from them and you should be fine. The hotel shouldn't have to inform booking.com of all this, unless the room rate for your new rate of stay is less than the room rate for your original date of stay, (because the hotel has to pay commission to booking.com according to the room rate that is charged).

THIS. ^^^^

No need to involve booking.com at all.