Public Relations Department to campaign on spreading positive image of Thailand

webfact

"Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So. Why now? Because everyone thinks Thailand is a great place with cultural heritage to rival Italy? With lovely. peace-loving and honest people?

Or because they don't?

My guess is they're starting to panic and can't understand why people don't believe them.

I can

W

yes every Foreigner I speak to in Chiang Mai, foot massages, restaurants etc, just passing time is stating they are deploying RESERVE measure to leave and starting with relocating their money

Now why not TRUST me? hahaha I cant believe these people think they are LEADERS?????/

OMG i am so happy to be enlightened daily

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drop the me or we and the initials are T W A T 1508595.GIF

But then the slogan wouldn't make sense, just like your post.

In a similar vein, if you drop the T,a,l,n and d from your forum name what's left is "hia". I don't know what it means (maybe Harrisburg Intl Airport, or Health Impact Assessment?) but that's just as daft as your remark.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer

Drop the me or we and the initials are T W A T 1508595.GIF

But then the slogan wouldn't make sense, just like your post.

In a similar vein, if you drop the T,a,l,n and d from your forum name what's left is "hia". I don't know what it means (maybe Harrisburg Intl Airport, or Health Impact Assessment?) but that's just as daft as your remark.

Get out of bed/bar the wrong side did we?

"Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system."

So. Why now? Because everyone thinks Thailand is a great place with cultural heritage to rival Italy? With lovely. peace-loving and honest people?

Or because they don't?

My guess is they're starting to panic and can't understand why people don't believe them.

I can

W

yes every Foreigner I speak to in Chiang Mai, foot massages, restaurants etc, just passing time is stating they are deploying RESERVE measure to leave and starting with relocating their money

Now why not TRUST me? hahaha I cant believe these people think they are LEADERS?????/

Plenty will leave and plenty newbies will cum (pun intended). Sucker born every minute. Don't forget quite a few Thais live from the suhtoopid falang. On my last flight back I spoke with 2 fellow countrymen. Both in love with ex-BG, both getting married, both having purchased car and house in name of teerak, both no clue what they were doing. facepalm.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system.

Well, 2 out of 3 is not bad.

Seriously, who would want his job at this point in time.

I'd give it 1 out of 3 myself.

In many Asian cultures, maintaining a good facade, or "face" is the thing to do. In Japan it's called "tatemae." It semms reasonable to Asian people and often works effectively. Westerners view it as dishonesty. East and West!

Agreed with facade. The only difference between Japan and Thailand is that the latter lives for a substantial part from western tourists. Japan doesn't. The Thai are kings in NOT taking responsibility. It's their most irritating "quality". Also, the Japanese, if the f:/cked up, they had the honour to publicly apologize or even to kill themselves. The Thai, if they f:)ck up, will blame someone else and go to sleep with no shame whatsoever.

Edited by Mook23

To: PRD Deputy Director-General Charoon Chaisorn.

“Trust me we are Thai”? blink.png

Really? That's it? That's all ya got? facepalm.gif

Pathetic.

I really hope you are reading the comments here.

Nobody believes that nonsense.

Well, maybe the serfs...

Certainly not the real world.

"Dr. Charoon said the campaign, “Trust me we are Thai,” aims to convince foreign countries that Thailand is a country filled with beauty, has a long cultural history, and operates under a democratic system. He said that these features of the Kingdom attract foreigners to visit and enjoy Thai culture."

A grammatically incorrect slogan that is immediately refuted with an outright lie. That's what you get in a government where the top positions are bought with bribes rather than earned through ability.

Or because they don't?

I can

W

Thai people who have the means are looking for an exit strategy as well. They are well aware of the upcoming event and the unknowns that will follow, but are very reluctant to talk about it, for obvious reasons.

Clean beaches, safe public transport, low numbers of HIV positives, hardly any drugs, no double pricing, perfect dual language in 90% of the people, freedom of speech, highest human rights standards, clean food, no insurgency in the south, excellent police force, zero-tolerance to corruption...

Thailand, the sci-fi movie!

Cue the well known musical theme,

You Have Just Entered The Twilight Zone.

the only way, if they want to spread a positive image is to shutdown the whole world internet. So no one know, whats going anymore in this country.

I heard its the USA who hold the internet key... whistling.gif so a surprise attack on Washington DC might solve their ploblems

OMG .... "trust me we are Thai"

Trust must be earned. It takes more than a slogan to earn trust.

Missouri, USA is known as the "Show Me" state.

Don't tell me, SHOW ME. Now there's a slogan with weight.

But I can just hear some of those dishonest Bkk taxis uttering the words, "trust me, we are Thai".

Yes, social media would have a field day when this kicks in.

''Public Relations Department to campaign on spreading positive image of Thailand''

What? Again?

Ya, it's June and time for the mid-year press conferences. Expect a few more "crackdown" announcements too.

And hubs, don't forget the hubs!

How can they have the unmitigated gall to try to convince people that Thailand operates under a "democratic" system?!?

Same gall as most governments in Europe try to convince the people the EU is democratic.