British man accused of smuggling drugs into Thailand 'after police find cocaine' on him

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very quick to find him guilty maybe he has been set up, we don't know the whole story yet. Seems a bit odd to me but who knows.

Having read the reviews and replies from Matt the owner of Thai gardens restaurant in Bali on Tripadvisor, I am also questioning this arrest and drug trafficking gang story. Was he bragging off in a bar this week of his millions in the restaurant business and attracted a crooked cop? When I lived in the center of Bangkok the locals would warn me of these people in advance, but he wasn't local, he was on holiday.

I could be wrong, but who can prove it either way, poor sod will be eating fish head soup for the rest of his natural life.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

Restaurant owner in Bali so he's obviously been around SEA long enough to know the ramifications of being caught smuggling drugs so absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Hard to believe a 40 year restaurant owner is a drug mule unless he's just a front for someone.

Justy a stupid man......

Wasting his life for 60,000 THB... Has drug trafficking become this cheap already? 500g cocaine isn't a small amount.

It must be from the full article, of which I can't read unfortunately.

Did he say he bought if for 60Kthb? Ons sling it in Thailand would get him $20-25Kaud. Back in Bali where I reckon it was heading you could most likely double that.

Who knows but the bit about the bus doesn't ring true: do dealers of this magnitude really travel on the public bus? Yes, it's fishy.

Trying to avoid the obvious movements of someone with money and something to hide?

Although it would be hard to keep things low key being that size in SEA.

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

Though the drugs not planted by the police he clearly was set up. The RTP don't randomly stop a public bus to to a search unless they know who and what they are looking for.

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

Though the drugs not planted by the police he clearly was set up. The RTP don't randomly stop a public bus to to a search unless they know who and what they are looking for.

A restaurant... did he have a business partner?

Perhaps he was picking it up here in Thailand....and then taking it back to Bali to on sell to his customers at the restaurant.

He would have a big enough stomach to swallow that lot down and make the trip. Money money money

From a comment in Tripadvisor about this restaurant - What a wonderful surprise! Arriving from a gentle winding drive through the rice padddies of Bumbak I saw the green lights of a jungle-looking garden & suddenly I hear a Blues band..and it wasn't just a Blues Band.. you need to ask Matt the owner who the singer is

I am guessing Matt will be singing the blues for some time 555

And he'll be watching his Bumbak the whole time.

A restaurant... did he have a business partner?

That's right. why did they suddenly stop a bus on that day. Clearly this was a set up. And though he did wrong. The people that organised it did wrong also.

A man who is familiar with S.E.A. stupidly brings drugs into Thailand.

Thick as a brick for sure.

Maybe he was high on drugs, so it clouded his judgement.

It's a gamble with life .....if he succeeded ? he would have millions.....and could pay for the renovation of he's restaurant in Bali,......if he fails ? .......skip one round and go strait to Hell !!!

Lot's of people did it and lot's more will try ........!!! the appeal of fast money and the dream of the good life is far to great for some people.

I know at least on guy who succeeded in this !!! he did it not fully understanding the risks....he won he's gamble once, but it did not make him smarter.

He was so stupid to brag about it to me, and we're not friends just acquaintances but we have common friends.

I don't know if he did it again ?

Best regards.

Something not right about this. I find the circumstances of his arrest on a public bus very strange, and I doubt he would be tempted by a sum as small as 60,000 baht.

That's what I mean.

If he were going to takeit overseas, the sum would be much higher.

But they paid him to take it from one soi to another soi. Usually that would be a few thousand baht.

Set up.

From a comment in Tripadvisor about this restaurant - What a wonderful surprise! Arriving from a gentle winding drive through the rice padddies of Bumbak I saw the green lights of a jungle-looking garden & suddenly I hear a Blues band..and it wasn't just a Blues Band.. you need to ask Matt the owner who the singer is

I am guessing Matt will be singing the blues for some time 555

Do you really find this funny?

...boss....or...owner....

...is this intentional muddling of the facts....

...if so....not a good sign....

...does not seem to make sense.....

...maybe having been set up would make more sense......???

Something not right about this. I find the circumstances of his arrest on a public bus very strange, and I doubt he would be tempted by a sum as small as 60,000 baht.

That's what I mean.

If he were going to takeit overseas, the sum would be much higher.

But they paid him to take it from one soi to another soi. Usually that would be a few thousand baht.

Set up.

Oh please! Do you think he's going to say that is the way he financed his restaurant? Why would you accept the self-serving claims of a drug trafficker as gospel?

Edited by halloween