To farang men who married Thai women...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often have these fantasies about a girl I met at school, even though I'm a happily married man.

Am I a bad husband? Or just a bad teacher?...................................coffee1.gif

Over the years, I have heard many real life cases of broken relationships; vast majority of relationships end up

on the rocks and financial ruin. These cases happened in 4 different countries I have lived in.

Common theme is that most women have the same brain.

Here in Thailand, a foreign man is at a significant disadvantage from day 1. He is the lonely, rich foreigner who

has more money than brains so he pays and pays and pays until he can pay no more and back to the bars.

Thai courts and her family will always support her.

Would you like to play a high stakes poker game with the odds vastly against you?

And I detest that word 'farang'.

Still regret marrying my wife back home ( maariage didn't last long... ) but here in Thailand I don't regret marrying my Thai wife at all, best thing I have done. Lovely time with the family, and now, no more visa runs to make.

Wow ... no. My wife is wonderful ... we lived in the UK from 2002 until 2007 and since then here.

If she has a fault then it's she never lets me win on the golf course.

Sorry that all the previous replies seem to have been unlucky

Why marry? Have had same GF for 6.5 years and we are just fine. She wants to get married but not so important she says. Neither any pressure from her family. Nothing in it for the man, so why this marrying hype in Thailand? Most couples in my home country are unmarried but still lives like a normal family.

yes I regret it unequivocally 8 years and trapped because of the children.

I suspect many White men stay married because they know the terrible lives their children would have if he departed/divorced...integrity keeps you in a failed relationship...

unlike Thai men...

If I have any regret, it is that I did not meet her years ago.

I regret my wife being so much younger than me. Over the seven years of being married we have grown very close and we have developed a genuine love for each other, now I have to content with the fact that I will die before her ,leaving her along.

It is a thought that when it occurs gives me a fair amount of stress. I know it is an unhealthy, morbid thought, and that I need to put it in proper perspective, but as of yet I have not learn to deal with it.

Why marry? Have had same GF for 6.5 years and we are just fine. She wants to get married but not so important she says. Neither any pressure from her family. Nothing in it for the man, so why this marrying hype in Thailand? Most couples in my home country are unmarried but still lives like a normal family.

Good for you and your chums....thumbsup.gif ...............rolleyes.gif

After two marriages and two divorces in America and living here for 9 years, I found most women are all the same.

I lived with a Thai woman for 4 years, but never married. Good thing as her son got a very young gal pregnant and the mother abandoned the child so my girlfriend became a grandmother, took over full responsibility and wanted me to support the baby, her son, and her parents!

Ha ha ha....marriage....always depressing surprises!

They are always on their best behavior for a few months, while looking for better deals!

Most are never 100% happy and as time passes they are less happy and irrational.

As their looks fade, anger sets in and they yell and scream about something you did 3 months ago or ten years ago out of the blue!

Why, because many hormones make them crazy or their past boyfriends made them crazy!

As time passes they hold their smart devices closer to them than you, then ignore you completely.

Then they have no idea why you cheat on them?

Women used to be happy when the had a baby in hand, one in the hanger and another in mind while pop was pulling his hair out looking for another job!

Pay for their time and when the door closes behind them all your troubles disappear!

If you feel lonely while single, read about all the marriage horror stories. Then treat yourself to a nice dinner and be the first to initiate conversation with a pretty lady and forget about it. As you get older and wiser you will cherish your independence and the world provides unlimited options to single folks.

Always have fall back and tell them you are a free spirit and they will work hard to try to change you. You are now in control.

Together for ten years, married for five, also still going strong.

If you want the best chance of happiness, make sure that before

you make a commitment, make sure she is in regular employment.

Archived