To farang men who married Thai women...

On 1/16/2018 at 2:45 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

Met mine, also much younger, agreed a purchase price with her and her mom, married 2 weeks later.

After 9 years and a child, she's finished high school and completed 2 years at University.

Marriage to an educated woman my own age who I dated for 2 years before marriage, complete disaster.

Tell me about these rules again?

Tell the full story Joe

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never marry here in Thailand. I have lived with my girlfriend here for over 2 years - very happy. Marriage would ruin it I am sure. She knows I will not marry, or buy her a house - she seems happy enough. But it took me over 10 years to find her !

' To men who married women '

Would have made a better thread title. Can't see what difference nationality makes.

Works for those who genuinely love each other and enter into it with their eyes open. 

Been happily married now for 6 years. Were together 5 years before that and never thought about it much. In the end we went ahead to make our lives easier with regard to the laws of our respective countries , re visas etc.

Had we not married nothing would be different between us but would just have had to face more beurocratic hassles.

If however you are not ready to give up your freedom to have several partners then marriage is probably not a good idea.

On 2/6/2017 at 9:14 PM, nuakmuaynina said:

Well I am a farrang lady that married a thai man...whilst I had some good experiences, it was a complete waste of time, and not worth my energy or the heartbreak.   

I am kind of surprised because I know many farang ladies married Chinese or Japanese in Canada and they seem to be doing well. On the average I mean of course not all of them are doing well. Is your ex hubby alcoholic? That would be bad if he is.

On 8 June 2016 at 5:43 PM, tollgate said:

My beautiful Thai wife thought it was acceptable to:

Spit in my face.

Rip shirts off me.

Attack me with broom handles, a heavy wooden chair and even a large kitchen knife.

Break my stuff.

Guess what? I left her. Took me 8 years to do it. Stupid me.

Now she has said sorry and wants me back!

I thought that you were talking about my ex wife, but when you omitted being slashed by the knife I  may have jumped to conclusions.

On 6/9/2016 at 10:37 PM, seancbk said:

I've often wondered why guys are so desperate to get married here.

not desperate to marry, just desperate to get a visa without visa runs,

and unless you are 50, theres no visa to get unless you marry,

-enter visa runs

No. She is the best of my last 4 wives, and the youngest one. Nothing to regret about. Any problem...I will start looking for wife #6. Perthaps a richier one. I am only over 70 now and getting married keep me in better shape every time, and keeps my savings growing. Amazing Thailand!

12 hours ago, poanoi said:

not desperate to marry, just desperate to get a visa without visa runs,

and unless you are 50, theres no visa to get unless you marry,

-enter visa runs

I married mine for the VISA, was only expecting  her to hang around for 3-4 months, 9 years later she's still here.

I guess we've got used to each other now.

20 hours ago, madusa said:

I am kind of surprised because I know many farang ladies married Chinese or Japanese in Canada and they seem to be doing well. On the average I mean of course not all of them are doing well. Is your ex hubby alcoholic? That would be bad if he is.

No he didn’t drink much at all actually. 

But he gambled and had affairs/lied. I got messages on Facebook from women saying they’d slept with my husband. So I got rid. He still moans to people about it, and of course tried to make out like he was the victim in the story. 

Been married to my Thai wife 18 years this year. We've had our ups and downs through the years but never once thought of splitting up. We have a beautiful 15 year old daughter. Spent our first 7 years in Thailand and last ten years in the US. I think the secret was I was living and working in Thailand and we had time to get to really learn and love each other. She was not my first Thai girlfriend and those two were disasters especially the second one which I lived with for almost a year.

Me & my Mrs have been living together for nearly 7 years now and in a relationship for nearly 8, I don't see any reason to rush into marriage, we're happy as we are, no kids, just the 2 of us, ideal.

Just out of interest, if we were to marry, say this year, would that affect my pension entitlement as far as the old age pension in the UK is concerned, IE: would I get more :smile: TIA

17 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Me & my Mrs have been living together for nearly 7 years now and in a relationship for nearly 8, I don't see any reason to rush into marriage, we're happy as we are, no kids, just the 2 of us, ideal.

Just out of interest, if we were to marry, say this year, would that affect my pension entitlement as far as the old age pension in the UK is concerned, IE: would I get more :smile: TIA

No.

infact those who were entitled to the old additional allowance for a wife will lose that benefit in 2020.

Lived here 10 years, been married nine years, this is the best time of my life, I like the people, the country, have a great Thai wife, great lifestyle, no regrets whatsoever. Live by the following, you won't go far wrong.

Rule 1: If you don't like it here, don't keep moaning about it, GO HOME.

Rule 2: Respect Thai culture, remember you are a visitor here.

Rule 3: Never invest more than you can afford to lose and walk away from.

Rule 4: Never be worth more dead than alive.

Rule 5: Don't try and make this country into the one you left to come here, that will never work.

Rule 6: Don't try and improve things, Thais like it just the way it is.  Remember it is their country.

10 minutes ago, Thaimike370 said:

Lived here 10 years, been married nine years, this is the best time of my life, I like the people, the country, have a great Thai wife, great lifestyle, no regrets whatsoever. Live by the following, you won't go far wrong.

Rule 1: If you don't like it here, don't keep moaning about it, GO HOME.

Rule 2: Respect Thai culture, remember you are a visitor here.

Rule 3: Never invest more than you can afford to lose and walk away from.

Rule 4: Never be worth more dead than alive.

Rule 5: Don't try and make this country into the one you left to come here, that will never work.

Rule 6: Don't try and improve things, Thais like it just the way it is.  Remember it is their country.

I mostly agree, same time in country and in wife but generally don't like the people, too stupid and lacking in education.

Disagree with

RULE 2: No respect, culture is entirely one of greed and selfishness. 

RULE 7: Not their country, if it were their country they would have a vote.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, nuakmuaynina said:

No he didn’t drink much at all actually. 

But he gambled and had affairs/lied. I got messages on Facebook from women saying they’d slept with my husband. So I got rid. He still moans to people about it, and of course tried to make out like he was the victim in the story. 

If you walk on the sea beach & I ask you to find two stones that match each other exactly, do you think you could find them? Say give you one year to do that(everyday or any hours you need). That's how marriage looks like, looking for two stones that match. Most of the time the stones almost match but not quite and these stones are not many.

Human are not meant to get married, only people who understand this are the "Musuo" tribal people in south west of Tibet a province belongs to China. If you google "walking marriage of Musuo" you will see interesting people who don't get marriage. They have sex and they look after the kids but the men don't live with the women.

24 minutes ago, madusa said:

If you walk on the sea beach & I ask you to find two stones that match each other exactly, do you think you could find them? Say give you one year to do that(everyday or any hours you need). That's how marriage looks like, looking for two stones that match. Most of the time the stones almost match but not quite and these stones are not many.

Human are not meant to get married, only people who understand this are the "Musuo" tribal people in south west of Tibet a province belongs to China. If you google "walking marriage of Musuo" you will see interesting people who don't get marriage. They have sex and they look after the kids but the men don't live with the women.

Meh, marriage per second is not a big deal for me. We mainly did it for visa reasons, however, what bothers me is honesty. In any relationship but especially romantic ones. I have no problem with open relationships,  and if I’d had known it would be a different story. 

24 minutes ago, madusa said:

Meh, marriage per second is not a big deal for me. We mainly did it for visa reasons, however, what bothers me is honesty. In any relationship but especially romantic ones. I have no problem with open relationships,  and if I’d had known it would be a different story. 

will be 10yrs marriedd for me this year. Honestly can say its the best thing that ever happened to me. My wife is great, very caring, clever, hard working, great fun and also a great mum as well as being a fantastic wife!

I really do feel like I hit the jackpot with my wife when I compare to friends and hear peoples bad experiences.. 

Why she is with mw god only knows!  Guess I just got lucky like the cat who got the cream......

Life is short, not worth being with someone if you are both unhappy. I had unhappy relationships before.

21 hours ago, madusa said:

If you google "walking marriage of Musuo" you will see interesting people who don't get marriage. They have sex and they look after the kids but the men don't live with the women.

Sounds like a bad deal to me.

The best bit about marriage, for me, is waking up next to someone warm, soft and naked every morning.

She wanted to marry me one month into our relationship, I asked her to wait 5 years thinking a mixed relationship would not work. She waited  patiently and after 5 years living together in different countries I had to live up to my promise and we got married in Bangrak. No perceptible change between unmarried and married never asked for money or anything else  looks after me like a king and best of all she appreciates everything I do for her and it is a pleasure living together. I do not understand the people that want to live alone with only casual relationships. To have someone in your life that you can trust completely and that will stay with you through the good and the bad  times and on which you can depend upon at all times is is well worth the little discomfort of having only one sexual partner.  

On 1/16/2018 at 2:45 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

Met mine, also much younger, agreed a purchase price with her and her mom, married 2 weeks later.

After 9 years and a child, she's finished high school and completed 2 years at University.

Marriage to an educated woman my own age who I dated for 2 years before marriage, complete disaster.

Tell me about these rules again?

But on 2/3 you said otherwise;
On 2/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

"I first married a virgin, almost no sex in the entire marriage."

So, you dated her for 2 years before marrying her and she was still a virgin when you got married...yep, righto..

You really should stop with your lies on forum.

Archived