Pattaya: Broken hearted Norwegian tries to take his life

webfact

Breaking News: Attempted Suicide Drama in Soi 13/2, Pattaya City

p1.jpg

Broken hearted Norwegian tries to take his life.

PATTAYA: -- Police and Sawangboriboon rescue workers have been called to the Station House in Pattaya City Soi 13/2 after reports that a fifty-three year Norwegian man needed urgent medical treatment in a room above a beer bar.

On the third-floor Mr Rolf Inge Warnes was lying badly injured in a pool of blood with several long knife wounds on his left arm. Medics provided emergency first aid and rushed him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

In his room, at number 302, he had prepared a suicide note reading, ‘Sorry, love you all, I did it my way, don’t worry I will watch you all from heaven.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225022/breaking-news-attempted-suicide-drama-soi-132-pattaya-city/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-08

I don't think I will ever understand why men in pattaya try to take their own lives over a lady? Surely they have had love before and just as surely they could easily find it again in sin city. With 10s of thousands of ladies there looking for a foreigner it would be an easy enough task.

I don't think I will ever understand why men in pattaya try to take their own lives over a lady? Surely they have had love before and just as surely they could easily find it again in sin city. With 10s of thousands of ladies there looking for a foreigner it would be an easy enough task.

Only 'love' with money though. True with any Thai lady, but Thai prostitutes. KIST. Keep-it-short-time.

Let us avoid the easy generalizations.

Many visitors came to this city mainly for fun fall in love with a one night.girl. Sometimes at the first meeting.

And a lot of girl looking primarily for a non Thai and faithful husband.

Weddings follow, often happy and nobody talks about. It is my own case.

But sometimes poorly managed situations added to cultural misunderstanding cause the rupture, pain and drama, as in this case.

The price for relationships outside norm.

Edited by happy Joe

....when will they start to enact some laws against.....'leading foreign men on.....then cleaning them out'.....

...we only have headline news...or any action taken......when 'an innocent Thai woman' has been 'scammed'.....

...!@#$%^&*(......

Well balanced men are not attracted to Pattaya. i kept this mild in respect to Norweegen man....lol.

10,000s of thai bargirls? bargirls have their own kind of dna. they shouldnt be married.

Edited by WishWashMan

Let us avoid the easy generalizations.
Many visitors came to this city mainly for fun fall in love with a one night.girl. Sometimes at the first meeting.
And a lot of girl looking primarily for a non Thai and faithful husband.
Weddings follow, often happy and nobody talks about. It is my own case.
But sometimes poorly managed situations added to cultural misunderstanding cause the rupture, pain and drama, as in this case.
The price for relationships outside norm.

You married a 1 night girl.................hahahaha. Sorry-but who does this.

....when will they start to enact some laws against.....'leading foreign men on.....then cleaning them out'.....

...we only have headline news...or any action taken......when 'an innocent Thai woman' has been 'scammed'.....

...!@#$%^&*(......

For the most part the women don't need to scam the men , they are only to happy to be Florence nightingale ... Rescuing a poor damsel in distress and then convincing themselves the relationship is real . Pattaya is a lot of phantasy, enjoy it but don't turn it into reality ??

Not hard to understand why they do it...

When people lose everything, they lose it, especially seniors.

Many have lost their life savings in investments worldwide with the financial retreat. Many have no family members left nor friends in their home country when over 65,if they never had children. At that age no one will hire them and starting over is darn near impossible.

Many exchange rates are working against them.

Many can no longer afford health insurance nor current medical and food expenses.

They ask themselves, 'is life presently worth living?

The only comfort for many is a woman/man they formed a relationship with who needs financial security and that creates more debt. When they leave life as they see it is over.

"Surely they have had love before ..."

Not sure you're describing the path to "love" or that everyone reduced to seeking it in Pattaya has had a surfeit of love before. While I'm sure many men find it in Thailand, I doubt the success rate implies that tens of thousands of genuine opportunities are readily available to those who have previously failed to find it elsewhere.

There are many downsides to prostitution, suicide or attempted, misery and even bankruptcy, alcoholism drug taking and health risks. True a few marry girls they met in the trade and it does work out, mostly though it does not and can end up in depression and desperation.

Edited by thai3

...!@#$%^&*(......

"....when will they start to enact some laws against.....'leading foreign men on.....then cleaning them out'....."

When "they" enact laws banning gullibility on the part of foreigners. I doubt anyone in Thailand traveled to Norway and lured him onto the airplane.

The same people who seem to imply that farang are innately superior to Thais are eager to suggest that some minimally educated "girl" from the sticks can outsmart them and the only solution is to enact nanny state laws to protect these paragons of virtue from themselves.

Women have a way of breaking a man... some men like this guy sadly fall for it.

i was asked to give advice to a girl last week, (yep they love money) guy barfine her one week, now he loves her, but english wife has baby on the way. i say that is your life gone for the next 17 years as he will have to keep a child and a uk lady for that time. he will have no money, she blocked him straight away ..gigglem.gif

If this guy is a "Christian", then he should know that committing suicide is a "mortal sin", and guarantees no entry into Heaven.

Just saying.

That may be true for Catholics, but not all Christian faiths.

Attention seeking, not attempt on life.

Knife wounds in the arm? not life threatening.

Stupid bugger get a life, no woman is worth injuring yourself for.

Stupid men, do this all over the world.. Move on with life, many more women out there !!

Attention seeking, not attempt on life.

Knife wounds in the arm? not life threatening.

Stupid bugger get a life, no woman is worth injuring yourself for.

It depends on which way and how many wounds were inflicted.

Across the arm and wrist whilst messy is not necessarily dangerous or lethal but opening up the vein or artery from top to bottom usually is.

No I haven't tried either way but when you have blood taken and the nurse puts the rubber tie on your upper arm it is easy to see where the veins and artery are.

From stories told on TV, I doubt many men have found love; here or in their home countries.

If this guy is a "Christian", then he should know that committing suicide is a "mortal sin", and guarantees no entry into Heaven.

Just saying.

Only if he's a dopey popey supporter. Not sure other denominations see things so catholic.

i was asked to give advice to a girl last week, (yep they love money) guy barfine her one week, now he loves her, but english wife has baby on the way. i say that is your life gone for the next 17 years as he will have to keep a child and a uk lady for that time. he will have no money, she blocked him straight away ..gigglem.gif

You may find yourself responsible for the next headline.

"Englishman dies because he was rejected by Thai girlfriend".

Every case is different and anyone who has encountered the lovely girls (or boys) of Thailand will have their own story based on their own experiences. What works for some doesn't work for others. I can imagine that someone in their fifties who has been through a divorce or loss of a partner and then comes to Thailand looking for some new adventure could feel that they have found nirvana. For the newbie the girls/boys are very believable, especially when you want to believe them and you are being led by your penis and if you are from a culture where truth has a value above lies then you will look those traits in others.

T.I.T and it is very much a case of buyer beware

The guy is 52 years old , If you can't get over a love affair at that age you have a serious mental problem. Go back home to Norway , the welfare system will take care of you, stay in Thailand and you will lose everything.