Cobra bites man on bum in toilet - but local monk saves the day

webfact

You wouldnt catch me sucking the poison out of that wound!! blink.png

Me either... butt wink.png I thought that was going to be the monk's MO.

It's times like this that you find out who your real friends are (butt, this must have been close to where, even the best of them, draw the line).

".He modestly said there was nothing special about the remedies used to treat the victim, they are well known."

And the remedy is? whistling.gif And the snake doing the biting was definitely identified?

note to wife:

if i am bitten by a snake,rat,dog,kup kay,horse,or semi feral village child, do not take me to our local wat for treatment, take me to the bl**dy hospital.

venemous snake bites don't normally cause copious amounts of bleeding.

cr*p story i think.

I am working on designing a snake bite protector for the toilet. Having trouble thinking up a name. Hard hat for your bum. smile.png

How about a one way valve,turds down no snakes up.? But the locals would reverse it having a bowl full snakes swimming amoung the turds.

If it was a cobra, it might have failed to inject a full load of venom, which is not uncommon. The snake didn't intend to eat him, it just wanted him to get his bum out of the way, so it could escape. So it wouldn't have dug its fangs in and held on waiting for a tasty snack to be ready to eat. At any rate, the man is lucky to be alive after trusting his life to the monk's mumbo jumbo.

If he hasn't already got HIV, he had better get tested after letting the monk stick a probably dirty needle into his bum.

Not every black snake is a cobra

Not every cobra bite is envenomed

Not every monk is a snake expert

Not every traditional remedy works

Not every newspaper story is true

That about cover it?

Not every reader falls for the bizzare clickbait increasingly peddled on this website. Edited by evadgib

I'd probably bite someone on the bum if they tried to take a dump on me too.

Yep, exactly what I'd be inclined to do too!

Mind you, I don't think I'd be lurking around inside the Squat Loo in the first place. As I said, in Oz it's just the Red Backs but a King Cobra...

Oh <deleted> !

Edited by Torrens54

Silly, of course it was not a cobra, if it was he would be dead or at least fighting for his life by now, and to think the witch doctor cured a cobra bite with a bit of substance put into the wound is just stupid, by the time he reached the Monk the poison would already have spread throughout at least his blood distribution system.

Next we will have a story about a taxi driver returning 2 million dollars which he found in the back of his car to the owner.

Dry Bite ,or wrong snake identification .

Wonder how many die each year due to this MUMBO JUMBO CRAP we may as well throw all the anti venin in the bin

Edited by kannot

I never heard of anyone in 68 years getting bit by a snake while doing what comes natural until this year in Thailand. It seems it is happening weekly now.

Perhaps turning on a light and look where your going should now be in the school's curriculum.

perhaps designing the toilet correctly in the first place would help........no snake could get into my toilet