No Joke! Chiang Mai 90-Day Reporting

ThaiTony2

Full-service visa agencies have websites, answer emails, remind you via phone and/or email when your 90 day report is due, come to your hospital room to pick up your passport to do 90 day reports, take care of everything for your confused, grieving widow whose retirement extension is tied to yours when you die because her permission to stay in Thailand expires when you do, etc, etc.

And, you can tell which are the full service visa agents and which aren't, because the full-service visa agents have to send an employee to sit in the early morning queues for their clients, one employee for each client they plan to serve that day in order to obtain a queue number for their clients, while the queue-jumping operation next door to Imm. Prom. doesn't. A client can turn up at their office as late as 11 am and magically receive a retirement extension that same day. No need for that operation to have had someone sitting in the early morning queue for that person.

So much for the head of Imm.'s promise that he made in a published interview when the new office opened at Promenada Mall -- that all agents were going to be treated the same and that all agents were going to have to send employees to wait in the queues for their clients.

You have been given a warning in the past as I recall, from Immigration, ordering you to not set foot on Imm's premises except for your own visa issues, and I recall you posted this here on Thaivisa. I personally thought what you were doing there, trying to figure out what was going on there and then posting that info here, was great but do you really want to criticize them as in your last paragraph above?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full-service visa agencies have websites, answer emails, remind you via phone and/or email when your 90 day report is due, come to your hospital room to pick up your passport to do 90 day reports, take care of everything for your confused, grieving widow whose retirement extension is tied to yours when you die because her permission to stay in Thailand expires when you do, etc, etc.

And, you can tell which are the full service visa agents and which aren't, because the full-service visa agents have to send an employee to sit in the early morning queues for their clients, one employee for each client they plan to serve that day in order to obtain a queue number for their clients, while the queue-jumping operation next door to Imm. Prom. doesn't. A client can turn up at their office as late as 11 am and magically receive a retirement extension that same day. No need for that operation to have had someone sitting in the early morning queue for that person.

So much for the head of Imm.'s promise that he made in a published interview when the new office opened at Promenada Mall -- that all agents were going to be treated the same and that all agents were going to have to send employees to wait in the queues for their clients.

You have been given a warning in the past as I recall, from Immigration, ordering you to not set foot on Imm's premises except for your own visa issues, and I recall you posted this here on Thaivisa. I personally thought what you were doing there, trying to figure out what was going on there and then posting that info here, was great but do you really want to criticize them as in your last paragraph above?

Well yes, it started out as reporting what was going on as a "service" and I was trying to be as objective as possible, but then once I saw what was happening and how nothing was improving and, in fact getting worse. And how the operations weren't consistent with what had been promised to CM expats in published interviews and public presentations, then it became more and more difficult to remain "objective" in my reporting.

And yes, in early December I was asked to stop coming to Imm. Prom. except to take care of my own personal business. At least that's one way to describe what happened in early December. And, I've held true to that "request". I've only darkened their door twice since early December -- once for my retirement extension and once to obtain a re-entry permit. Both were handled professionally.

It's quite possible that there is some sort of special relationship between that particular agency and immigration.

It is obvious what has been said in the past

Obviously some keep going on about it

Maybe they need to read the posts and let sleeping dogs lie

We all know what is going we just can not say it here

We all have to do the best we can living here

Its just a pity that things can not be the same as in other areas

Edited by Lizard2010

Well yes, it started out as reporting what was going on as a "service" and I was trying to be as objective as possible, but then once I saw what was happening and how nothing was improving and, in fact getting worse. And how the operations weren't consistent with what had been promised to CM expats in published interviews and public presentations, then it became more and more difficult to remain "objective" in my reporting.

And yes, in early December I was asked to stop coming to Imm. Prom. except to take care of my own personal business. At least that's one way to describe what happened in early December. And, I've held true to that "request". I've only darkened their door twice since early December -- once for my retirement extension and once to obtain a re-entry permit. Both were handled professionally.

yes the yellow card was shown, ,for your vigilante methods adopted by you, snooping , reporting, asking for expat volunteers to be trained for spying missions,,video crews wanted with experience to work under the cover of darkness ETC ETC ,all posted by you on the c/mai forum

if you did.nt comply , a automatic red card (section 44) would have possibly been . enforced, make no mistake about that!!!

E/S could add more, but as you are still slagging the head honcho today on this thread, why bother,,

take a tip, you are on thin ice, with the immgr dept authorites,, keep this senseless barrage of garbage up, to inflate your huge ego, the ice will crack !!!!

its a Joe Cocker , Woodstock, Vintage 69 , nice evening to allsmile.png

yes the yellow card was shown, ,for your vigilante methods adopted by you, snooping , reporting, asking for expat volunteers to be trained for spying missions,,video crews wanted with experience to work under the cover of darkness ETC ETC ,all posted by you on the c/mai forum

if you did.nt comply , a automatic red card (section 44) would have possibly been . enforced, make no mistake about that!!!

E/S could add more, but as you are still slagging the head honcho today on this thread, why bother,,

take a tip, you are on thin ice, with the immgr dept authorites,, keep this senseless barrage of garbage up, to inflate your huge ego, the ice will crack !!!!

its a Joe Cocker , Woodstock, Vintage 69 , nice evening to allsmile.png

I think it is pretty obvious

just my 2 cents worth seeing people keep going on about spilled milk

All Agencies are the same except some offer better value for the client.

All are fast and always get the job done.

Please tell one that can not get the job done?

We pay to get the job done Not to wonder if the owner is or was a Airliner Pilot

I think it is pretty obvious

just my 2 cents worth seeing people keep going on about spilled milk

Pretty much down to the core. Thanks!

Lamphun and Lampang now have their own immigration office's , so there are less people using Chiang Mai . Everything will be quicker now

Excuse me? Where exactly are they and when did they open up for biz?

Thanks

Not sure where the Lamphun one is but the Lampang immigration is in the old police station, been open for years offering 90 days , but now has been revamped to offer full services

Seems this information could very well be correct, although I believe the Lamphun office is not yet up and running (if it ever gets off the ground, that is).

Still, it would definitely be a plus for us souls living far south of CM if we could avoid Promenada (like the plague, I might add!) in the foreseeable future. biggrin.png

Thanks