What next for Bangkok's soapy massage parlours? Raid on Nataree to lead to bigger crackdown?

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what about silom, soi nana, soi cowboy, pattaya, and others thousands place selling sex? Or are they just after Mr K.?

Biggest cabaret in Nana got the treatment. Hasnt recovered and looks like a basket case now.

I am dumbfounded how they REALLY did kill a GOLDEN Goose!

Ha ha.... who writes this stuff? What do you think will happen? I think the warning has gone out and the massage parlours will pay in full and on time. The powers that be will do as always and look after the ones who play the game and get there rewards for seeing that this will not happen again, take that any which way you want. So no real change and as we all know there is no prostitution in Thailand.

I lived near there some years ago...many actresses from Thai TV and movies would go there to ply their trade...for a quite high price...so perhaps some of the higher prices noted are related to the fame of your masseuse...

The first letter of the Thai alphabet is G gor gai but for some unknown reason Thai sign posts translate the G into a K, even in this article where they should know better

The reason is not unknown, it is because it is neither G nor K, it is ก, which is a sound somewhere between G and K. In most serious textbooks it is given as IPA [k].

that has offices in New Zealand and SE Asia. It's stated aim is to "set people free" from sex trafficking.

Why does that not surprise me!

NZ has HUGE problems with gangs, domestic violence and a simmering racial discontent. The police have a meagre 10% clearance rate on burgularies.

Yet these people feel the need to stick their beaks into the soapy massage trade in another country instead of sorting out the problems in their own country bah.gif .

I don't disagree with what you say. But please, can you expand on your comment... a simmering racial discontent

I'm interested in your views

Guess which venue Thai's prefer and which Farang prefer.

I prefer the pool table setting, much less clinical and more romantic.

I prefer the setting where no money changes hands, where no clock is being watched, where no taxi fee/tip should be given, where no condom is needed, where i can discuss the latest book i'm reading (after the deed) and where the woman involved hasn't been riden off by another bloke clown perv "tourist" 90 minutes before coffee1.gif

None of these girls are trafficked. Its an urban legend. 1 out of 99 might not be there on her own will but the rest is just part of thai culture.

Ever wonder what the girls do after they finish work? They go across the street and pay some 'handsome' thai studs to screw their brains out. Rinse and repeat.

No different in so called 'gentlemen clubs' where the income is quite similar.

No Thai sex worker is going to pay a Thai guy for sex. That's crazy talk son. There are a few women's clubs that have good looking men on supply to "entertain" - but these cater to wealthier, sometimes mature clientele - and are very private.

Massage girls around Ratchada/Petchburi/rama9 tend to head to clubs in the RCA/Ratchada area or to after hours clubs to 1) secure another client, or 2) meet up with client they serviced earlier in the day.

Underage & foreign workers. Both absolute NONOs in this age old industry.

Thought he would have had more brains.

Closed for 4 weeks & a little commission. All is well again.

As to the NZ involvement me thinks way out of line

These girls want the money

that has offices in New Zealand and SE Asia. It's stated aim is to "set people free" from sex trafficking.

NZ has HUGE problems with gangs, domestic violence and a simmering racial discontent. The police have a meagre 10% clearance rate on burgularies.

Yet these people feel the need to stick their beaks into the soapy massage trade in another country instead of sorting out the problems in their own country bah.gif .

I don't disagree with what you say. But please, can you expand on your comment... a simmering racial discontent

No police typically have a high clearance rate on burglaries - and to be quite honest.... you don't have to have one to be efficient. Someone that is a burglar will typically eventually be caught because they do it over and over again until they do - and then they are charged with only a small subset of offenses (the rest go "unsolved").

The truth of whether people freely chose to enter the sex trade or forced .... is in many cases somewhere in the middle. Debts are often household debts (especially since they are often held by someone that will use all means to recover the principal and rather high interest) which can and will be used to coerce many into the trade -- even where they are "free to chose" (free to chose but only one way out is not necessarily a free choice).

When they raid Poseiden.... then I will believe that they are cracking down.... but until then this is likely a "business dispute" between corrupt entities.

The leaders are serious. They know that the world is taking a closer look at Thailand's reputation for transparency and honesty.

Some big issues in Thailand are being transmitted around the world quickly and it is happening on a daily basis. The government sees this as damaging to the country's image and are trying

to implement restrictions on various social media to slow the flow of negativity.

To be taken seriously, and they desire this, they need to step up to the mark on human rights, health and safety, honesty and transparency of the administration.

They know their credibility is on the line

well done the authorities for making a serious effort to control this trade.the task is uphill, though, as the industry is deeply entrenched at all levels of society.

Bet you didnt read the whole article especially the tail end about business will resume. Just a periodical sorting out of whose turn to fill their pockets.

is owned by a well known public figure

The owner of Nataree is known by his initial only as "Mr K"

He is more commonly referred to as "Sia L"

So, what's the actual name of this well known public figure. Is he a Thai TV actor, or a member of a boy band? Is he a government official, a member of parliament, or a senator? Senior police officer, or one of the thousands of generals. admirals, field marshals? It should be on the property's land document at the land department. That's a lead.

I'm not getting into that, it being the proverbial Pandora's box, but many ( ?most ) people in NZ are aware of it, certainly among people I know. Perhaps I see it more than some as I spend a lot of time away from NZ, and it may not be so obvious to those that live there full time.

It was just an example of one among the many problems facing NZ now that some ignore while being fixated with the sexual situation in a far away country.

Off topic I know. Apologies.

I am only interested in knowing how many, who are the corrupt police officers receiving the yellow envelopes and how they are punished. Well, probably I already know they would be transferred to inactive posts.

The leaders are serious. They know that the world is taking a closer look at Thailand's reputation for transparency and honesty.

Some big issues in Thailand are being transmitted around the world quickly and it is happening on a daily basis. The government sees this as damaging to the country's image and are trying

to implement restrictions on various social media to slow the flow of negativity.

To be taken seriously, and they desire this, they need to step up to the mark on human rights, health and safety, honesty and transparency of the administration.

They know their credibility is on the line

I do not think it is the Sex Industry that is at issue, many countries have a thriving sex industry, where it is legal or tolerated.

What I think is at issue is that those working in the industry should be at least 18, of sound mind, legal to work in Thailand and not coerced into working in the sex industry.

And they should be paying tax on earnings, but what is at issue more probably is the Mr Big's and corrupt officials who are making billions of Bahts and do not pay any tax on their ill gotten earnings.

Probably nothing to do about sex, just all about who was getting paid, now they will go and relocate the officers that were being paid and replace them with new officers to collect payment, and redirect the funds collected.

Would Would very surprised if place is not open tomorrow