Tooled up students on revenge mission rounded up by cops in Rangsit

webfact

Tooled up students on revenge mission rounded up by cops in Rangsit

s2pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A group of eight technical college students out on a revenge mission were arrested by police and soldiers as they prepared for a fight in Rangsit.

All were either students at Pathum Thani Technical College or ex students. They were found with eight swords and a .38 gun and six rounds of ammunition at Rangsit Railway Station on Tuesday evening reported Daily News.

The weapons were concealed in their vehicles and in backpacks.

One member of the gang told police that they had been attacked days earlier by a rival group of students from a Don Meuang college when clothing had been damaged and they had suffered injuries. So they had come back armed with the gun and swords to get revenge.

The parents of the juveniles were all contacted. The youth were all charged with several offences related to illegal possession of a gun and ammunition and having other weapons.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-08

With students like these the futures sure looking rosey for Thailand.

This kind of thing has been happening for decades, why do you think they sell swords, tazers, knuckle dusters, etc at your local market. For students, it's true. Some of the students that study chemistry are able to build bombs to take with them on these arranged fights between rival colleges. What can be done about it? Teenagers are very emotional and need to vent frustration on something, give them something to vent frustration on. Build a skate park, a football pitch, a boxing ring even, something to do, there's nothing for kids round my way for free, it's play on the street and that's it. Come on Thailand solve the kids boredom.

What's with all the shirt lifting?

First cop on the right is known for having a belly button fetish. "alright, shirts up, lets have a look....inny, outey, inny..beautiful...alrright shirts down, carry on"

These guys are the lower educated students.. we had that back in the Netherlands too. Those guys were far more eager to fight then the ones that had higher education. These are the guys that study technical stuff and not really at the highest level. Take a group of lowly educated people like that and they are far more violent than those who study to become a lawyer or something like that (in general)

Not shocking at all.. though in my time it was just knives and stuff that they used and no serious wounded people. No guns.

We always made sure we stayed away from those groups low intelligence makes people not think about the consequences of their actions. (alcohol does the same)

Voke/Technical College "students" here have long been groomed as semi-official paramilitary cadres, who can be called into action to put down pesky serf/student uprisings. They are groomed to be violent towards their fellow citizens, and can be let loose where more traditional military types might be loosely bound by a code of conduct (which still doesn't prevent them from killing fellow citizens of course).

Most groups are a bit like fraternities or other social clubs, with significant hazing, military-like hierarchies, liaisons into the military and police, alumni leaders.

Inter-organization skirmishes are encouraged to keep them prepared, able to fight - even if a few 'innocents' get killed. Being able to fashion their own weapons (knives, machetes, zip-guns, small grenades) is a plus.

Edited by mtls2005

Voke/Technical College "students" here have long been groomed as semi-official paramilitary cadres, who can be called into action to put down pesky serf/student uprisings. They are groomed to be violent towards their fellow citizens, and can be let loose where more traditional military types might be loosely bound by a code of conduct (which still doesn't prevent them from killing fellow citizens of course).

Most groups are a bit like fraternities or other social clubs, with significant hazing, military-like hierarchies, liaisons into the military and police, alumni leaders.

Inter-organization skirmishes are encouraged to keep them prepared, able to fight - even if a few 'innocents' get killed. Being able to fashion their own weapons (knives, machetes, zip-guns, small grenades) is a plus.

*deleted* self censor.

Edited by robblok

Ironic on a day the Government are proudly proclaiming an 'all new shiny smoke and alcohol free education system'.

Shame they won't get teachers to deal with the frail Thai ego and circumvent such nonsense happening in the future.....

How can the government get the teachers to deal with this when it is the teachers themselves that are instilling this violent attitude to their students?

With students like these the futures sure looking rosey for Thailand.

This kind of thing has been happening for decades, why do you think they sell swords, tazers, knuckle dusters, etc at your local market. For students, it's true. Some of the students that study chemistry are able to build bombs to take with them on these arranged fights between rival colleges. What can be done about it? Teenagers are very emotional and need to vent frustration on something, give them something to vent frustration on. Build a skate park, a football pitch, a boxing ring even, something to do, there's nothing for kids round my way for free, it's play on the street and that's it. Come on Thailand solve the kids boredom.

How about giving them a proper upbringing as a start?

What's with all the shirt lifting?

Probably a photographer from The Police standing outside the photo as we see it, and take pics of gang-marks, gang tattoos, or similar, for future references.

Sorry to destroy the fetish fun boys (leave the cleanex).

These guys are the lower educated students.. we had that back in the Netherlands too. Those guys were far more eager to fight then the ones that had higher education. These are the guys that study technical stuff and not really at the highest level. Take a group of lowly educated people like that and they are far more violent than those who study to become a lawyer or something like that (in general)

Not shocking at all.. though in my time it was just knives and stuff that they used and no serious wounded people. No guns.

We always made sure we stayed away from those groups low intelligence makes people not think about the consequences of their actions. (alcohol does the same)

It seems you were an elite back in the Netherlands as well. Tell me, do you think these "low intelligence" people should have a vote at all?

It seems you were an elite back in the Netherlands as well. Tell me, do you think these "low intelligence" people should have a vote at all?

Yes I was elite back there.. I now have a pretty good idea you were not.

Seems your missing the point those lowly educated people are always more prone to violence in any country. Its certainly is not a Thai thing.

http://www.utdallas.edu/news/2012/5/1-17541_Study-Prison-Inmate-Intelligence-Influences-Miscon_article-wide.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6364343.stm

Its quite often that low IQ is linked to violence and or crime

In general people with low IQ don't think their actions through.

I was not elite but we just had technical schools with people of the lowest IQ and they were known to be the most violent. Just like the guys in the news article. I am not sure where you are from but I doubt that it was any different where you were from.

Edited by robblok

These fine upstanding models of Thai culture were all packing MACHETES. You don't take a machete to a fight unless you plan on killing someone, or cutting off an arm or leg. So, what's going to happen to them. Well, the police (snicker-snicker) will call their parents and give them a good talking to about their wayward kids, maybe a 500 baht fine, and send them on their way.

Meanwhile, in a civilised country, every one of these punks would find himself staring at the world outside through the bars of a jail cell. But, I digress. This is Thailand, and things just don't work like that here.

Boys will be boys.

Groups of boys like fighting other groups of boys. It is a buzz/thrill.

In every country. Just different styles, different weapons. It has been going on forever and will continue forever.

Similar in Frankfurt and Vienna.

Thailand is on the edge of something terrible. I am not sure what it is but it will only need a few more of these incidents to provide a tipping point. The PM may be the best dressed PM in the world but he is a hollow man who is losing respect and control. Thailand is on the brink.

These fine upstanding models of Thai culture were all packing MACHETES. You don't take a machete to a fight unless you plan on killing someone, or cutting off an arm or leg. So, what's going to happen to them. Well, the police (snicker-snicker) will call their parents and give them a good talking to about their wayward kids, maybe a 500 baht fine, and send them on their way.

Meanwhile, in a civilised country, every one of these punks would find himself staring at the world outside through the bars of a jail cell. But, I digress. This is Thailand, and things just don't work like that here.

Which civised countries lock up kids for merely carrying weapons?

Any examples you can give?

Do you think these (junior) thugs deserve to have a vote, at all?