Father who let his kindergarten child stand up on motorbike fined 400 baht

webfact

Father who let his kindergarten child stand up on motorbike fined 400 baht

s3pm.jpg
Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A father who was caught on video earlier in the week letting his five year old child stand on a motorbike on the way home from kindergarten gave himself yesterday.

He was fined 400 baht.

Social media went share crazy after the clip was posted online with much comment about the dangerous nature of the incident that happened as the dad took the child home on a friend's bike on Monday reported Sanook.

The father, a motorcycle repairman in Bang Bua Thong, Nonthaburi has apologized for his actions and said sorry to his daughter's school director for bringing the school into disrepute.

The contrite father, named only as "Num" (young man) even though he is 35, was called in to explain himself by director Songsri Nakthapthim of the Chumchon Maitri Uthit school in Kanchanapisek Road where his daughter "Apple" attends kindergarten one classes.

He told the director that he borrowed a Honda Wave to pick up his daughter and a friend's child because his car was in for repairs saying this was the first time he had used a bike to collect her.

"My friend's kid wanted to sit at the front so I let her and my daughter asked to stand at the back. It was only one kilometer to home and I was only going 20 - 30 kph and taking a lot of care, "he said. "I never thought it would be such a big deal but I would like to apologise to the director for bringing the good name of the school into disrepute as well as say sorry to the public and society for my actions. It was wrong and against the law and I won't do it again."

Songsri then took dad to the Bang Bua Thong police station to meet police. He was charged with negligent driving not considering the safety of others for which a fine of 400 - 1000 baht can be levied. As it was his first offence he was given the lowest possible fine, 400 baht.

He was also warned about not having his daughter wear a crash helmet.

Deputy chief at the station Pattharaphon Watjanasunthorn said: "This kind of behavior is both dangerous to the individuals concerned and to other road users. It is against the law and dangerous for children"

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-09

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The contrite father, named only as "Num" (young man) even though he is 35, was called in to explain himself by director Songsri Nakthapthim of the Chumchon Maitri Uthit school in Kanchanapisek Road where his daughter "Apple" attends kindergarten one classes.

"his daughter named "Apple", even though she is a girl...

He was called in by the school and apologised for bringing the school into disrepute.

Any chance this was really what it was all about ?

The girl appears to be wearing uniform which would include the school's name.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I mean really.

Fair play that he got caught and fined but this is why we just shake our heads in disbelief.

They pinch a farang during songran for not wearing a shirt and slap him with a 2000 baht fine and while on the steps of the police station for the photo shoot with the proud copper 50 bikes go past with adults and kids with no helmets.

And the coppers are just as bad.

The one that sends me into apoplexy and gives me murderous thoughts, and which I've seen several times lately, is the dad (presumably) riding his motorbike with one hand, while in the other he has tucked his infant child. There's a vid clip of such an incident and the slimeball scum of a father runs into the back of a car - fortunately he was only going at walking speed, but he had to step smartly off his bike to avoid dropping his tot. Don't know where to find that one.

Granted this is stupid and warranted alright, but people were commenting on how "dangerous" it is and went share-crazy, when running red lights happens every goddamn single time it turns red on every goddamn single traffic in the nation....that's just fine though? Not to mention 7 people on a bike carrying a baby in each arm and stuff.

Morons.

It helps gives Thai kids confidence and fearlessness. Western kids are frightened panty waists wrapped in cotton wool. The kid was enjoying it. Good on the father I say.

Correct, later they learn to pull out of side roads on their bikes without looking which is even better and narrows down the gene pool

"his daughter named "Apple", even though she is a girl...

Say that to Gwyneth Paltrow : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/08/gwyneth-paltrow-apple-photo_n_7538070.html

" I would like to apologise to the director for bringing the good name of the school into disrepute as well as say sorry to the public and society for my actions. It was wrong and against the law and I won't do it again.....I wonder has he (like Trump) started using a "Teleprompter". Num(b)head seem to be an appropriate name?

Last week, I was sitting in a service station at the side of the 12 Highway just outside Khon Kaen, a motorbike ridden by a small boy I would say

was about ten years old, arrived with another boy I would say was about five years old.

He went into the 7-11 then straight back and onto the bike, went on to the Highway, up the wrong side of the road, no. not the hard shoulder, but

the outside lane riding into oncoming traffic, I could not see further ahead, but the boy was obviously going to cross the centre reservation at some point

heading back in the direction of Khon Kaen.

Their parents must have sent him a message riding on the motorbike. I was going to say I could not believe it, but hey, This is Thailand. No, they were not wearing helmets.

Edited by possum1931

Hardly news, not even the stupidest motorbike thing I have seen today. Not really sure why the internet went mad, its daily sh1t over here.

But by highlighting such instances the educated Thais can bring about change. At the current rate of change everything will be safe in about four hundred years