Gas To Inflate Tire

corkscrew

I am pretty certain I have seen that at Carrefour, and I would be surprised if you couldn't find it at Central. Failing those and other locations, go down to the intersection of Luang and Worachak roads. That area is chock full of shops catering to vehicles of all sorts. There is one store very close to the intersection that carries a large selection of automotive additives, chemicals, oils, etc. Sorry I don't have a name, but if you are at the intersection someone should be able to steer you to it. Good luck.

I am pretty certain I have seen that at Carrefour, and I would be surprised if you couldn't find it at Central. Failing those and other locations, go down to the intersection of Luang and Worachak roads. That area is chock full of shops catering to vehicles of all sorts. There is one store very close to the intersection that carries a large selection of automotive additives, chemicals, oils, etc. Sorry I don't have a name, but if you are at the intersection someone should be able to steer you to it. Good luck.

Thanks...I'll go there.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone in Bangkok seen a shop where they sell cans of compressed air (mixed with a sealing gunk) that can be used to inflate a tire that has been punctured?

Hi, I bought a few cans of it at Red Baron (Ramkamhaeng Rd). Bought them only a couple of months ago so they should still have them.

Luckily I've never had to use it, but I bought it for the motorbike. Have you used it before? And does it work well? In theory it should be good, enough to get you to a place to change the tube.

Has anyone in Bangkok seen a shop where they sell cans of compressed air (mixed with a sealing gunk) that can be used to inflate a tire that has been punctured?

Hi, I bought a few cans of it at Red Baron (Ramkamhaeng Rd). Bought them only a couple of months ago so they should still have them.

Luckily I've never had to use it, but I bought it for the motorbike. Have you used it before? And does it work well? In theory it should be good, enough to get you to a place to change the tube.

Saw them tonight a Carrefour and Robinson also. Small cans 490 baht, and large cans 750 baht. I paid 470 baht at Red Baron for a small can. Cheers

Have used it both on tubed and tubeless. Works extremely well on tubeless but has no effect on tyres with inner tubes.

Has anyone ever seen this kit for tubeless? Consists of a screwdriver with a hole at the end, you run a strip of gunk rubber through it and poke it in the tire, pull back a bit until 1 cm of the strip sticks out and set on fire, it melts the gunk strip and seals the puncture.

I had a tire on my truck with 3 of these plugs and never got a leak afterwards unless it was a new puncture.

Have used it both on tubed and tubeless. Works extremely well on tubeless but has no effect on tyres with inner tubes.

What brand did you use? The directions on the can I bought say that it works on tyres 'with or without inner tubes'.

Just curious as to why it didn't work for you when you used it on a tyre with an inner tube, any ideas?

Has anyone ever seen this kit for tubeless? Consists of a screwdriver with a hole at the end, you run a strip of gunk rubber through it and poke it in the tire, pull back a bit until 1 cm of the strip sticks out and set on fire, it melts the gunk strip and seals the puncture.

I had a tire on my truck with 3 of these plugs and never got a leak afterwards unless it was a new puncture.

That is the way a guy at a petrol station in Sathorn, near Surasak BTS station (opposite side of the road), repaired a tire in my motorcycle about 3 years ago. I thought it was a strange way to do it, but it worked perfectly and it lasted for more than 2 years until I finally had to change tires. It did not seem that simple to do as an emergency solution though.

Yes, this fix has been around for more than 15 years. It does seem to work very well.