macb

I haven't used it as yet (just sent Mac a PM) .... it has only been recently that they added video support for Mac OSX, prior to that it wasn't any more useful than MSM or Yahoo (which still don't have video on the OSX platform)

But I have updated it now and would like to try it out. :o

I've been using skype since I moved here from the UK in February.It's great, being able to talk to friends and family with PC's for free (video calling as well). I can also call people in the UK without a PC for 1.5p per minute. I also pay for a local Birmingham phone number so people can phone me from there for the price of a local call. It's great being able to see the family (especially the grandkids) as well as talking to them. I wouldn't be without it now.

I use to use it, but had a virus come down one day, so decided to ditch it, not used it since, i think it is owned by E-bay now, so maybe better than when it was first introduced, may give it another go, also i still have some credit with them.

it has only been recently that they added video support for Mac OSX, prior to that it wasn't any more useful than MSM or Yahoo (which still don't have video on the OSX platform)

Yahoo Messenger does have video for OS X, however, no audio.

I waited forever for Skype Video for Mac. There's no comparison to any other chat/video/audio program. Skype quality is far superior imho.

I use it regularly.

Since recently I also use the yahoo messenger Chat, which fucntions on pretty muicht hte same principal. Free computer to computer chat (excellent quality) and payable land/mobile calls.

Very cool, but now I don't have enough time to talk to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have used Skype for about two years. I have about 200 contacts in Thailand and many more in other parts of the world of whom I use the conference features in Skype regularly.

I find that Skype is a very good piece of software, has good quality sound, very user friendly, improving and it is increasing in popularity very fast indeed.

Skype works quite well and I have been looking into the idea of teaching English classes to Thai people from my home in New Zealand over Skype internet.

Steve.

New Zealand

--

yes Ive used skype for quite sometime..both to talk with friends overseas and also work stuff with colleagues. the work matter is good in that can easily discuss to clarify matters, but it annoys me soooo much when people start to use it to answer official requests instead of replying to emails (no proper record...and yes they have the histroy function...still not as official as an email reply)

but that aside...which is not a problem of the software :o the sound quality is very good...video works well too..