Those found in brothel 'Bribery List' say they know nothing

snoop1130

Those found in brothel 'Bribery List' say they know nothing

post-249866-0-06670800-1465471280_thumb.

An official talks to some of the staff at Nataree Entertainment during the Tuesday raid.

BANGKOK — Individuals whose nicknames and phone numbers were found in an alleged bribery ledger during a raid on a large brothel where underage girls were rescued from said they had nothing to do with the illicit business.

Some of them said they weren’t even aware that their names were in the booklet kept by the manager of Nataree Entertainment, where at least nine minors were found among more than 120 sex workers. The ledger purported to keep track of bribes the brothel pays to law enforcement officers each month.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/06/09/found-brothel-bribery-list-say-know-nothing/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-06-09

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Some of them said they weren’t even aware that their names were in the booklet kept by the manager ..."

Must have really upset them. Especially after they paid extra for the manager to keep everything on the down low. Geez...If you can't trust a pimp of underage girls, who can you trust?

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

Police reform? In my lifetime?

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

The manager just happened to be lucky enough to know the names and phone numbers of these crooks and put it on his bribery list.

Can anyone here guess my full name and phone number?

Once again, the police appear to be leaking critical information about an investigation in progress. And the media has no problem divulging it.

You are spot on. It is the media's fault. That is why they are having the corruption seminar at Don Mueang and invited all the media people so they can tell them not to report corruption. It is a silky form of re-education.

cor.jpg

Some of them said they weren’t even aware that their names were in the booklet.....

What a lame objection.

Who would expect that the person recording their names would also extend them the courtesy of notifying them of their names and bribe amounts being recorded?

Duh!

Sometimes the "logic" of these statements is underwhelming.

Not even if you were -30 years old. Too bad the "PM" has spent all his energies on the all important lottery reform!

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

What is wrong with you? You moan and bitch about police reform, the RTA leads a raid on a well known brothel exposing corrupt police, and all you want to talk about is trivia (according to you). There is a lot more corruption being rooted out under the junta even if you prefer to deny it.

I would point out that raids and crackdowns are not reforms.

Can you name one systemic change in the RTP that is a reform?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

According to your definition. Mine is causing change for the better, and exposing corrupt BIB, and causing others trepidation that their corruption could be exposed next, is reform.

According to your definition. Mine is causing change for the better, and exposing corrupt BIB, and causing others trepidation that their corruption could be exposed next, is reform.

I would say your definition is a distortion of the word. I've got no problem with more vigorous even handed law enforcement. My issue is with sustaining it when leadership changes. That is where Thailand falls down

Edited by phoenixdoglover

I would say your definition is a distortion of the word. I've got no problem with more vigorous even handed law enforcement. My issue is with sustaining it when leadership changes. That is where Thailand falls down

re-forming

make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.
I have to agree though, that when a Thaksinist government is installed, as you have said is inevitable, any leash on his attack dogs will immediately be released. And yes, it will be the downfall of Thailand.

This is really going to hurt Thailand's reputation. Prostitution is ilegal in Thailand and for years they have denied it's existence in the land. Their human trafficking reputation may take another hit also.

Edited by Thechook

Why didn't I find this place? Too late now. What really is Thailand without brothels? Like closing all the theatres in London, or all the ski resorts in Austria.

Don't worry there are plenty left. The ones closed are chosen by very strict criteria.

A post in which the quoted content was altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.